It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Visit To H&R Block and what they told me about Obama Care.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Good day everyone. Well Just did my taxes and my tax person who has done our taxes for many years brought up the information they where taught via class room training about Obamacare. This thread will be short and tonight I will see I can retrieve the document she referenced me to that actually had the numerical data on it as to cost.
Per month per family $147.50 (This applied to my family with three children and a stay at home mom.)
After the first year penalty if coverage is not implemented. $975.00 and it will grow threafter.

I did some research on this and could not find correlating data. I have seen threads that have portrayed astronomical numbers so I thought this interjection would be interesting.

I asked if they would ever clarify this info and they will be happy to assist.

www.hrblock.com... st paul
edit on 1-2-2013 by imagineering because: Added info

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
These numbers are for people that make over a certain amount of money.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

Interesting still. From all the numbers pushed on ATS and how the government would make me go broke I just dont see it happening from the data I was shown. Im just above 50,000 a year. 147.50 a month for my whole family is better then the 200 per week many of my friends are paying.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

You won't see major changes until 2014. Each states deadlines were extended to see if they wanted to setup the exchange programs or not. You should not be effected in any way for your 2012 contributions.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It`s not a penalty nor is it a fine it`s a TAX they are taxing people for not buying something

It`s basically a poverty tax it taxes poor people who can`t afford to buy health insurance. On the bright side though at least we won`t have to listen to people complaining that 50% of americans don`t pay taxes because even the poorest americans will have to pay this particular tax.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

$975 is pretty steep for some people......I can see allot of difficulties arising from this. So what is the "penalty" if they cannot afford that tax?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
there's another thread on the site discussing the costs. the article referenced in that thread can be found here

and the original thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It`s not a penalty nor is it a fine it`s a TAX they are taxing people for not buying something

I still cant believe that the supreme court chose politics over law.
Traitorous bastards

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If the corporations with under 50 employees are exempt from this it's easy to avoid paying it at all. Incorporate and be your only employee and get a contract with your employer. So for around $700 on legalzoom once you don't have to pay anything ever. Is this correct? Had the idea the other day while talking to a friend

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering

$975 is pretty steep for some people......I can see allot of difficulties arising from this. So what is the "penalty" if they cannot afford that tax?

I assume it will be the same penalty that all tax evaders have to pay, perhaps prison or auction off their personal property like their furniture and household goods.
Remember that it is a tax so if you don`t pay it then it will be considered a crime, tax evasion is a crime.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is why I handle my own Taxes...LOL

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
there's another thread on the site discussing the costs. the article referenced in that thread can be found here

and the original thread

c'mon, crakeur, you know this is absurd. this " the cheapest it'll cost for each family is $20,000"...you didn't get to where you are today by believing in a fantasy such as this.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Crakeur

and the original thread

c'mon, crakeur, you know this is absurd. this " the cheapest it'll cost for each family is $20,000"...you didn't get to where you are today by believing in a fantasy such as this.

That is one of the threads that scared the Bjsus out of me, and some others as well. BUT.......I was told different data from a source I trust and I was shown paperwork that was H&R block header and footer. I just want to get the details correct becuase it is something that will effect all of us.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
Good day everyone. Well Just did my taxes and my tax person who has done our taxes for many years brought up the information they where taught via class room training about Obamacare. This thread will be short and tonight I will see I can retrieve the document she referenced me to that actually had the numerical data on it as to cost.
Per month per family $147.50 (This applied to my family with three children and a stay at home mom.)
After the first year penalty if coverage is not implemented. $975.00 and it will grow threafter.

I did some research on this and could not find correlating data. I have seen threads that have portrayed astronomical numbers so I thought this interjection would be interesting.

I asked if they would ever clarify this info and they will be happy to assist.

www.hrblock.com... st paul
edit on 1-2-2013 by imagineering because: Added info

$147.50 per month for a household of 4.

That works out to $1.23 per person per day. That's less than many cable/satellite TV bills.

EDIT: Just realized it's a household of 5
Make that $0.98 per person per day
edit on 1-2-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I hope you enjoy youre $50,000 a year, thats more than double what most of my friends and I make and now we are getting our hours cut so that we wont be full time and they dont have to pay our insurance, which I dont have in the first place so now I have to pay money I dont have for insurance I dont need.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Since when did the US government get the power to force Americans to purchase a product or service or otherwise be fined / charged with a crime...

Wtf is happening to us?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tehdouglas
I hope you enjoy youre $50,000 a year, thats more than double what most of my friends and I make and now we are getting our hours cut so that we wont be full time and they dont have to pay our insurance, which I dont have in the first place so now I have to pay money I dont have for insurance I dont need.

I will certainly enjoy it....I busted my arse to get where I am. An appreniceship program had me working 55 hours a week, rotating shifts and my marriage and relationship with my children suffered. I made $13.00 per hour for two years and it was pretty much college and labor all mixed together, extemely stressfull,. I have been hard at it for 10 years now. I live a simple life and pay all of my dues.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It costs about 50K$ a year to keep someone in prison. Which is money that will have to be paid for out of the same taxpayers that are already rebelling, and by a government that is already bankrupt. What percentage of the population can be kept in prison indefinitely before you have all inmates and no guards?

They can 'seize' your house and assets but then they'll have even more homeless people all over the place.

They can 'fine' you, but exactly how do you collect that fine, unless you help yourself to someone's (already cleaned out) bank account?

I haven't a clue how they intend to enforce these requirements, does anyone else?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
It costs about 50K$ a year to keep someone in prison. Which is money that will have to be paid for out of the same taxpayers that are already rebelling, and by a government that is already bankrupt. What percentage of the population can be kept in prison indefinitely before you have all inmates and no guards?

They can 'seize' your house and assets but then they'll have even more homeless people all over the place.

They can 'fine' you, but exactly how do you collect that fine, unless you help yourself to someone's (already cleaned out) bank account?

I haven't a clue how they intend to enforce these requirements, does anyone else?

Very good question, how will they enforce? Im not to sure, but like many here, they know or believe this system is near to a total collapse, and if that happens, the whole administrative side to Obamacare will be nill and void.

I think that the Elite know whats coming, so, their main aim is population suppression.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So when does it go into effect and when can we go to the doctor if we need a doctor but have not had insurance or money to go? Will it cover ANY DENTAL at all?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join