Election over, gas prices begin to skyrocket

page: 1
4

log in

join

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Now that the election is over, gas prices are beginning to rise through out the USA.
New York: $3.77 to $3.87
Ohio: $3.45 to $3.66
Michigan: $3.66 to $3.77
S. C.: $3.44 to $3.45
Alabama: $3.24 to $3.45
Last month in Texas, gas was $3.10, now it's $3.24 to $3.44
That's up Forty cents in 1 month!
For those who voted for change, you got.
gasbuddy.com...




posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
$3.00/gal at the station a block away from me, which is better then the $3.75 back in October.

Gas goes with the market, and speculators. The president doesn't have a dial on his desk to control those prices.



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


Can't forget the 7.9% unemployment!

YAY!

Hopey-changey



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


Better get out your bike if you don't like the prices.......What can you do about the prices? NOTHING!!

Either buy it and drive your car, or buy a bike and peddle away!!



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   


Gas goes with the market, and speculators. The president doesn't have a dial on his desk to control those prices.


Yep.
The American election doesn't explain why gas eased down over the last month in Alberta to as low as 86 cents a litre, then back up last week to 97 cents a litre, then overnight shot up to $1.07 a litre.



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


The price down the street was $3.37 yesterday. Overnight, it jumped to $3.52!


I would bet that the oil speculators kept the prices down during the election to keep him in. High oil prices are what Obama is all about. Its all part of his global warming agenda. He even told us strait up that energy prices would necessarily skyrocket under his policies. Of course his followers thought this would only apply to the rich
.

The speculators had an interest in keeping him in; high oil prices mean record profits for those scumbags and with this president who doesn't give a damn about the little guy who's being squeezed from both ends, they have nothing but happy days ahead of them for at least the next four years.

I wouldn't be surprised if gas prices hit $5.00 a gallon by the ned of the year and stay there or higher for a long time to come.



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Violater1
 


Can't forget the 7.9% unemployment!

YAY!

Hopey-changey


Don't forget that the crowd that voted for this monster screamed about it being at 5%
when Dubyah was in office.



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Look at longer term trends here

Change the time period to 2yrs and you'll see the price cycles. Not sure it has as much to do with the election as you might want to believe. Not to mention that the people setting the prices are anything but friendly to the current administration.



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
our lowest is $3.39 in north Florida. Oddly, I found an old gas ticket the other day from 2005, and the price was $2.09.

Gotta love that monopoly, wish I thought of it first



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
im in texas and the highest I have seen gas lately is 3.16.. right now its 3.10 at the gas station down the street.



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by Violater1
 


The price down the street was $3.37 yesterday. Overnight, it jumped to $3.52!


I would bet that the oil speculators kept the prices down during the election to keep him in. High oil prices are what Obama is all about. Its all part of his global warming agenda. He even told us strait up that energy prices would necessarily skyrocket under his policies. Of course his followers thought this would only apply to the rich
.

The speculators had an interest in keeping him in; high oil prices mean record profits for those scumbags and with this president who doesn't give a damn about the little guy who's being squeezed from both ends, they have nothing but happy days ahead of them for at least the next four years.

I wouldn't be surprised if gas prices hit $5.00 a gallon by the ned of the year and stay there or higher for a long time to come.



Big oil loves Obama??? Laughable. Obamas not their friend, they have their own club and Dems are t invited



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Part of the problem we have here is the price gouging done by gas stations. They may fill all their tanks at x amount but instead of waiting for x amount to be filled again they charge the y amount for the x amount.

x = lower gas price
y = higher gas price



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
were going to see 4$ a gallon here shortly...

look at the oil prices today... yeah they were deflated artificially to secure re-election



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It's definitely a nice little trick politicians use before elections to make people feel like the economy is doing well. If the gas prices are low, oh good deal, what a great President... haha right... As far as gas stations doing price gouging, yes that probably happens. My folks owned a gas station once and told me that they never really made much money on gas. They mainly profited from the items, snacks,.. etc.. that they sold inside the store. I think the mark up on gas at most "ma and pa" gas prices is only about 10 cents per gallon if that. Most of the markup on gas prices is from TAXES. Oil , Government, and Taxes... pretty much sums it up right there.



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Oil is bought on contracts. So many barrels over so many months for a set price per barrel.

The price at the pump is based on market speculation if they bought at the market's price. That is to say the price per gallon of gas refined from a barrel of oil which is 19 gallons of gasoline from 42 gallons of oil. Why don't we pay $5.18 for a $100 barrel of oil? Because other things are made from that barrel.


Gasoline 19.3
Distillate Fuel Oil (Inc. Home Heating and Diesel Fuel) 9.83
Kerosene Type Jet Fuel 4.24
Residual Fuel Oil 2.10
Petroleum Coke 2.10
Liquified Refinery Gases 1.89
Still Gas 1.81
Asphalt and Road Oil 1.13
Petrochemical Feed Supplies 0.97
Lubricants 0.46
Kerosene 0.21
Waxes 0.04
Aviation Fuel 0.04
Other Products 0.34
Processing Gain2.47

For an easier to read chart



But the important thing to always remember: Oil refiners do not pay market price for crude oil, ever.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Anyone want to come to Canada and fill up my van? $4.58 a gallon here currently, and that is the cheapest I could find in my city. If you guys are going up im not looking forward to next week.



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
$3.00/gal at the station a block away from me, which is better then the $3.75 back in October.

Gas goes with the market, and speculators. The president doesn't have a dial on his desk to control those prices.



Where do you live?



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
were going to see 4$ a gallon here shortly...

look at the oil prices today... yeah they were deflated artificially to secure re-election


Artificially or not, were getting screwed.



posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yesterday, gas here was $3.29 gallon, this morning, $3.44 I didn't notice the price of barrel oil between yesterday and today change. Did I miss something?



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Gas just jumped another 10 cents!





top topics
 
4

log in

join