It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Big Stock Crash About to Happen? Billionaires Quietly Dumping Stocks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
none of this effects my opinion of the Economy. I am just wondering when things crash shortly if the stocks may have more value left than the money here in America

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

paper is still just paper (Unless you live in Canada where it's becoming plastic LOL)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ok so that story may be old.. but as people have said, there's something going on with markets at the mo...

makes you wonder with all the talk of a false flag attack this weekend at the superbowl..?

watch this space i guess...?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
ok so that story may be old.. but as people have said, there's something going on with markets at the mo...

makes you wonder with all the talk of a false flag attack this weekend at the superbowl..?

watch this space i guess...?

But what about the commercials? Will they still play all the brainwashing advertisements while they're covering the FF?? I guess it turns out to be a good thing my beloved Steelers didn't make it this year! jk....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Yep the market is about to dump... But is mainly due to the overbearing federal government... I can't go on a vacation this year.....

What's a vacation?
People need to be making enough to cover their cost of living then still have money left over if they want a vacation. These days, how many are able to do both?
edit on 1-2-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: spacebar didn't want to play

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
If you take inflation into account, stocks are still below there 911 value, but everyone keeps hyping them like they are the place to be. Gold on the other hand went from 350 to 1600 per oz and with the money printing, is about to move again.
Its sounds like the rich think its time to offload the loss onto the poor and stupid again, or should I say take their money and run.
I'm betting they're buying up hard assets while we speak.

This whole money supply::price of gold thing has got to stop, as it simply isn't true. We kept printing money during the Clinton years (although at a slowing pace) and yet, gold and oil TANKED. During the Bush years, we kept printing money in record amounts, and gold went up. It has barely moved since Obama became president, and guess what? Yep, still expanding the money supply.

The reason is, during the Clinton admin, the economy's growth far outstripped the growth in monetary supply. In the Bush years, the opposite. In the Obama years, the economy has been growing roughly on-par with monetary supply growth.

We WILL see gold drop again, significantly, probably over the next 5 years. As economies grow, so do tax revenues, and therefore, less debt spending is necessary. The economy will grow faster, and in fact, it already looks like debt:gdp ratio peaked about a year ago. It's trending down now, and unless someone starts using up a lot of gold, you can expect the price to start dropping regularly going forward.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Don't pay too much attention when media report what people like Buffet do in the markets. They don't have a clue and only knows what he wants them to know. And the information they can dig up is already old.

It's a very interesting time right now on the global financial market. Be careful with bonds and interest bearing instruments folks.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well, first of all. Those reductions were done 30.September 2012. Also, the same investors bought different stocks when they sold the other. So the article WOULD have been good IF it was correct. But it's wrong, so it's not. Might as well delete this thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Let the Rich dump their stocks.

The Federal Agencies all have Trust Funds that were set up under Reagan. Their Trust Funds will buy up the stocks and that's what's keeping the DOW where it is.

The sad part is they have to keep skeleton crews in the companies they oversee to keep profits up....but man are they generating some mad revenue the last decade.....Fake Revenue.......because they're current economic model means only a handful of Americans will have Apple Pies and homes with white picket fences.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Fridays DOW close was 14,009.79

I believe these were short covering - banks are recovering and the flight to safety in the DOW(Industrial stocks)
is about to end if the bank can prove they can re-scam the people into investing in them again..which seems to be the case..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
All this really blows one's mind when they realize that all of this technical jargon, and all of these huge numbers and percentages are basically nothing more than a fabrication. Much of the money represented does not even exist in the tangible world. What has ruined all countries, in the long run, is greed, and America is no exception. Greed and people wanting more money and power. The roadblocks that the Founding Fathers have put in place to curb this behavior are being eroded at an alarming rate. Some of these stops were implemented before our time, but we are allowing precedents to be set in our own time that will ruin the lives of our children or grandchildren, if not us.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
warren buffet made his money on a simple idea ;

do the opposite of the herd

when they buy, sell

when they sell, buy

that's all that is going on here imho

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If anyone is as confused as I am daily about what's going on, I use this web site to make easy English out of what's going on in the financial numbers.
Wed report is for payees, but the rest of the week is free and covers a myriad of financial topics, plus he has a good sense of humor.

urbansurvival.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
All the major indexes are massively higher than they should be, but none more than the dow and ftse. They should be at least 30% lower.

Trouble is theyre so good at manipulation these days that I have no confidence that a correction will do anything other than enable the elites and TPTB to hoover up ownership of more and more assets. Same things happening with housing markets in the west as higher and higher percentages of housing stock ownership shifts from private to institutional hands.

Full spectrum ownership of the future is what they are attempting.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Money has deceived mankind completely. Look around you, do you really think all this could last forever? The tragic pride of this conglomerate we reluctantly prescribe ourselves too has become the most infamous rebellion to the natural order in this planet's biological history, but It's okay; I do believe the ship is going to sink! It seems as though everything is stripping down in such splendid tandem, yet still they cannot see the iceberg blatantly before them. This is cancer, we aren't separate from everything else! That's why all this crazy shyza is happening, because it's all so sick. I can only hope it doesn't drag us all down with them, but it will.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Meanwhile amazon and netflix at 2000 valuations again

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Didn't this same thing happen in France a long time ago?
What ever happened to the rich when everything fell apart when the poor rose up.
Not to worry, the rich are smart so I'm sure they kept there heads during the crisis.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

I'm betting they're buying up hard assets while we speak.

Maybe they already have. Thats why the spike in gold since 911?

If they dump the game and crash the country into a deep recession, thats game over for them too. They are a bunch of greedy control freaks who would hate they are no longer getting more and more money and controlling everything. They love "running things".

Imagine them in the top of their hi rises looking out over their domain... they will never give that up. Their constant tight wire act is to steal as much as possible without going overboard... so they can continue to steal and enjoy their lofty perch. All the ant sized people milling about below them in the street and they own a paper on everything and everyone.

They will never give that up. Like Hitler in his Berlin Bunker at the end of WWII with Russian artillery landing all around, shaking the cement loose from the ceiling. He was still pouring over maps coordinating the defense of Berlin... even then he refused to give. Pricks.

My guess is they will continue the charade as long as they can. They may be greedy and power hungry but they ain't stupid.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
That story is from august 2012, I made a thread about this in september 2012, but anyway they know something we don`t that`s why they were dumping stocks and they probably still are dumping certain stocks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's normal, nothing wrong with unloading stocks and adding others. Buffet added Wells Fargo, so
If you want to take away anything from this, it's things are getting much better.

Buffet knows banks are way undervalued and with a full recovery, they will be the most profitable stocks in the next few years. I'd bet Bank of America will be $40-$50 by 2016.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join