It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin hires Boyz II Men in effort to stimulate families to put 3 children in every home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

blogs.telegraph.co.uk... -have-fun/

Therefore it’s no great surprise to read that Vladimir Putin’s solution to Russia’s demographic challenge is to hire 1990s vocal group Boyz II Men to promote increased fertility. Why Boyz II Men? I can only guess that East 17 are busy promoting fallout shelters in North Korea.

The story comes from the Moscow Times, which writes: “The stylish trio of Boyz II Men, the most successful R&B group of all time, is coming to Moscow on Feb 6. The group will perform a selection of their classic and new romantic ballads, hopefully giving Russian men some inspiration ahead of St. Valentine's Day.”

www.amren.com...

President Vladimir Putin has urged Russians to have at least three children as he said a resurgent nation should be a confident and “influential” power on the world stage.

Not only is he encouraging with his comments, he's backing it up by paying these families!

blogs.telegraph.co.uk... e-fun/

New payments for those having a third child would begin next year, he said. “Demographers affirm that choosing to have a second child is already a potential choice in favour of a third,” he added. “It’s important that families make that step . . . I am convinced that the norm in Russia should become a family with three children.”

This coming from a country that as recently as 2009 was behind by months in paying it's teachers with the choice of vodka or beef. The same country riddled with economic strife since as long as I can remember.

And by the way, here's how they can help pay for their new family additions:

Data Retrieved from USAID chart "USAID Assistance to Russia," May 2009

2006: $74,466,000
2007: $78,323,000
2008: $62,506,000
2007: $78,323,000
2008: $62,506,000
2009: $70,146,000
2010: $71,595,000

You would think that a country would be economically and financially stable before encouraging growth of it's population. It's just common sense!

edit on 1-2-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This comes on the heels of Putin prohibiting the adoption of Russian children by people in the US. I get that. But encouraging the responsibility of more mouths to feed when there isn't enough money to feed the existing is irresponsible. Either Putin knows something we don't or he is an idiot.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Why does this sound like an Onion article?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
He is probably afraid of their eventual extinction. Much like Japan's problem.

Japan has a problem, a lack of children, and it seems likely there will be even fewer in the future.

Japanese researchers have now warned of a doomsday scenario if it carries on this way with the last child to be born there in 3011 and the Japanese people potentially disappearing a few generations later.

Academics from the city of Sendai, which was hit hard by last year's tsunami, calculate there are now 16.6 million children under the age of 14 now in Japan.

And they say that number is shrinking at a disturbing rate of one every 100 seconds.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Russia does have a serious population problem. For being the largest land mass in the world they only have 150 million people living there. Of course a hundred years of communism and gulags didn't help but one pop band isn't going to fix that either. They need to address the severe corruption that plagues that country and give young men a reason to be productive instead of having nothing better to do but drink themselves to death. Any of you that have ever been there no what I'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Putin rocks. Why can't he be America's president?

Now I'm all horny for Russian women. LOL

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
but I thought the new world order powers that be are planning on decreasing the worlds population?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
but I thought the new world order powers that be are planning on decreasing the worlds population?

AHA! But see, this is their clever plan..
To increase the population..then erm..well of course you gotta then decrease...with increasing..and boyz 2 men...illuminati...reptilian...does not compute! Does not compute!

-head asplodez-

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Ah, but see... first they have to make more children for satanic sacrifices! You're not thinking insanely enough.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Dear Putin:
Re: Your "population issue"

Hi Pootie, Are you having trouble "getting it up" in the "demographics area"? You have tried to maintain that youthful vigor of the USSR, but things just aren't the same?
Has it been years since you have "invaded Georgia" due to your shrinking problem?

Well worry no more. Now just take the new "indian population". Over a billion strong Indians ready to be painlessly injected into your country will get rid of that swelling and endurance problem you have been missing for ages. With Indian immigration, you can say hello again to those long nights of zoning, and maybe even deep penetration into neighboring countrys.

Try now for a free sample of 5 million Indians...we are so sure you will love it that the first 5 million are free (all you pay for is shipping and handling..and inoculation)

Also ask about our Chinese packages.
edit on 1-2-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
-double post-
edit on 1-2-2013 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
Why does this sound like an Onion article?

I don't know, but if you follow the links, Huffington Post, news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/177421.stm and read his own words, you could clearly see that putting a tad bit of research before your comments would allow you to deny ignorance and see for yourself the validity of my thread.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
there also paying familys extra money for each kid they have.

Putin is really trying to build up the population

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Putin is obviously encouraging population growth. My point is that the economy isn't strong enough to support the existing let alone more people to take care of. Why would he be so irresponsible? I am flabbergasted that sees this as a good thing.

If many or most of the governing bodies realize that worldwide population control needs to be recognized, that there will be drawbacks in the short term that will eventually be overcome as a result of fewer people, and a few countries encourage population growth, it defeats the rest of the world's efforts. Especially if the irresponsible countries have populations they already cannot support.

ETA:

My point isn't that Putin hired Boyz II Men, it's that he want's to encourage population growth. If I could go back and edit the title, I would.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here are two snips from Putin's annual Presidential Address to the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation delivered December 2012:

Either right now we can open up a lifelong outlook for the young generation to secure good, interesting jobs, to create their own businesses, to buy housing, to build large and strong families and bring up many children, to be happy in their own country
*snip*

Demographers say that the decision to have a second child is a potential decision to have a third. It is important that more families take this step. And, despite some experts’ doubts (with all due respect), I still believe that families with three children should become the standard in Russia. But a great deal must be done to make this a reality.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Why did you go that far for a simple question? Your thread title just sounds like a Onion article. I was not doubting the validity of the article nor was I embracing ignorance. It just sounded like a headline Onion would use.

Volume, down. Immediately.

top topics

join