It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If its semi-auto and you can GRIP it, it's banned!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Seems Feinstein and others could learn a few things from this video doubt it tho.

Check out the published date.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

ETA -- because i have no interest in pointing out all the bad aspects of this nonsense ... let's get one thing straight ...

‘‘(37) The term ‘large capacity ammunition feeding device’—
‘‘(A) means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, including any such device joined or
coupled with another in any manner, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored,
changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
now, you can argue with me til the cows come home, but it won't change the above.
large capacity ammunition feeding device -- applies to any firearm that can utilize them.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Honor93 because: add txt

Exactly, anything that has the capability to accept a magazine of more than 10 rounds effectively becomes a nice paperweight to club baddies over the head with.....

There are magazines available for Colt 1911's that hold more than 10 rounds. They are unwieldy and have feeding problems.... but they are available.

Will the 1911 be banned?

I believe so, isn't that nice? But do not worry, it is all for the safety of children don't forget......

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it or not; but there's an issue in the wording of magazine. Hand guns do not use a magazine...they use a clip. Magazines are used in rifles. It's interesting how many people up in arms about arms; have no idea or experience of what they are talking about.

When ignorance makes a decision there is no wisdom in it.

from Merriam Webster's dictionary:

2clip
noun
Definition of CLIP
1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook

2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also: a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm

3: a piece of jewelry held in position by a clip

number 2 is the one useful for our purposes.

mag·a·zine
noun \ˈma-gə-ˌzēn, ˌma-gə-ˈ\

Definition of MAGAZINE

1: a place where goods or supplies are stored : warehouse

2: a room in which powder and other explosives are kept in a fort or a ship

3: the contents of a magazine: as

a: an accumulation of munitions of war

b: a stock of provisions or goods

4 a: a periodical containing miscellaneous pieces (as articles, stories, poems) and often illustrated; also: such a periodical published online

b: a similar section of a newspaper usually appearing on Sunday

c: a radio or television program presenting usually several short segments on a variety of topics

5: a supply chamber: as

a: a holder in or on a gun for cartridges to be fed into the gun chamber

b: a lightproof chamber for films or plates on a camera or for film on a motion-picture projector

5a is the one that is useful for this discussion......looks to me like the two terms are interchangeable and mean the same thing basically.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Shdak

any chance you'd care to share a 'form letter' for those of us too upset to properly construct one ??

I can give you a copy of one of the many I have sent... where do you want me to send it?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

A clip holds rounds of ammo to speed their loading into an internal magazine. It may be a stripper clip that is pulled out of the magazine after the rounds are inserted, or a clip that stays in the magazine until the gun is emptied (as in the M1 Garand.

A detachable magazine holds the ammo and can be removed and replaced by another loaded magazine.

A magazine holds ammo and the firearm feeds the ammo into the chamber from it, whether it is an integral magazine or detachable.

A clip is a device to hold ammo to be fed into a magazine.

The terms are not interchangeable, but they are often misused.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

A clip holds rounds of ammo to speed their loading into an internal magazine. It may be a stripper clip that is pulled out of the magazine after the rounds are inserted, or a clip that stays in the magazine until the gun is emptied (as in the M1 Garand.

A detachable magazine holds the ammo and can be removed and replaced by another loaded magazine.

A magazine holds ammo and the firearm feeds the ammo into the chamber from it, whether it is an integral magazine or detachable.

A clip is a device to hold ammo to be fed into a magazine.

The terms are not interchangeable, but they are often misused.

okay so out of curiosity and accepting the fact that I was wrong, what does that mean in relation to Bride of Frankenstein's bill?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Amendment and natural right to bear “arms” remains strong and untainted, but our willingness to call them legal “firearms” makes them able to be regulated and indeed eventually confiscated by government.
It is the clasic battle between lawful vs legal. And it is this voluntary acceptance of Federal contract (license) that puts our lawful guns (arms) at risk as legal “firearms”, and nothing else

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I wish I knew.

These freaking monstrosities of legislation that they push through, like Obamacare, are so convoluted and vague... the legislators themselves don't even know what they have in them. The New York state legislators pushed their latest gun control bill through so quickly that they didn't even notice that they forgot to exempt police and active duty military personnel.

I suppose that even a lawyer would be confused by the vague wording that we find in Senator ' I need a CCW but you don't' Feinstein's bill.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
Amendment and natural right to bear “arms” remains strong and untainted, but our willingness to call them legal “firearms” makes them able to be regulated and indeed eventually confiscated by government.
It is the clasic battle between lawful vs legal. And it is this voluntary acceptance of Federal contract (license) that puts our lawful guns (arms) at risk as legal “firearms”, and nothing else

Exactly right.

We have empowered them to do what they have and will do through our complacency and gullibility. We have been gullible enough to believe that the GCA's of 1934 and 1968 were needed for our own safety. We left them put their foot in the door.

Damn near need to shoot them to get them out of the house now. ( I am speaking metaphorically, of course...
)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
When alcohol was abolished they amended the constitution. There are many "unconstitutional" laws, most of which are known as statutes. Statutes are usu. having to do with commercial offenses, not unlawful acts. Ask yourselves why they never amended the constitution to abolish marijuana.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's none of your business and irrelevant to the FACTS.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then its none of your business what WE own.

Translation.
The Heritic has never touched a gun, probably scared of them.

Im not an American, but if I was......................................
I would think that the Gov wants me disarmed so I can not put up a resistance against oppression.

I hope I am wrong, but I feel I am not.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

the "broomhandle" nickname was a reference to the wooden grip, and its resemblance to the handle of a broom..

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
@ Daedalus - still, thanks for sharing.
like i said, i hadn't seen one of those before and for me, Star Wars was 1978 (give or take a cpl yrs) and i sure wasn't focused on their 'weapons' ... at least not those ones

You'd be surprised how many old real guns were dressed up for the original star wars trillogy

the Blas-Tech E-11 blaster rifle used by storm troopers was a dressed up English Sterling L2A3 sub machine gun

the Blas-Tech DLT-19 Heavy blaster rifle was a German MG-34

You'd be surprised how many real guns were used as the base for weapon props in star wars

www.imfdb.org...

but i always notice cool weapons...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Im not entirely sure how your pistol would be banned...is it the number of rounds in the mag?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it or not; but there's an issue in the wording of magazine. Hand guns do not use a magazine...they use a clip. Magazines are used in rifles. It's interesting how many people up in arms about arms; have no idea or experience of what they are talking about.

When ignorance makes a decision there is no wisdom in it.

You are incorrect. "Magazine" is the term used for a box ammo feeding device used in pistols, rifles, SMG's MG's, etc

"clip" is in reference to a "stripper clip", which is used to load older rifles with fixed integral magazines, or "moon clips" whch are a convenient way to reload revolvers..

You should check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

edit on 3-2-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn
reply to post by Cylent773

No, it wouldn't. USA Constitution defines Treason as "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort." under Section III, Article III.

Nor could she be charged with sedition, although many members of ATS likely could, under Smith Act.
i would beg to differ with your opinion.
see the bold above.
if you think differently, you would be jumping the gun, so to speak.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

thanks, that explains a lot.
at first i thought the smaller caliber designs could be grandfathered in but maybe not ?

wow, what a nightmare !!!
i never even wanted to know this much variety existed

but i still don't get it really ... if everyone in existance built their own, we'd have billions upon billions of different models ... what is the big deal ?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

i can't seem to access your avatar menu to answer that question via u2u.
any chance you can post the body of it here ?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

thanks for that, i'll have to look up those models and compare

until my current mate came into my life (CCW permitted), i was not a fan of guns in any manner. matter of fact, i was so against them that those who possessed them weren't allowed in my home.

then life threw a few curve balls and i got some defensive training and a man with a permit.
don't get me wrong, i knew about guns, i had shot friend's guns but i was no fan.

anyway, i really appreciate those who have helped me learn

unfortunately, they are necessity to maintain freedom and i'm now glad i've learned because the lessons have already been put to use, once. hopefully never again but i now know i could if i had to and that's a good lesson to learn.

as for the P111, yes, the stock mag size is 12+1 (and i can get up to a 30) ... so it would qualify for the ban.
P111 specs

i'm hoping some of you gurus would comment on the 'grip' comments others have made.
is the way this thing worded really eliminating/including anything with a grip as we know them ??

could that be why there is no specific 'handgun' list in her proposal ??
i did find that awfully strange but wasn't sure why.

ETA -- woah, i just remembered that when i used the default search on this machine (yahoo) to search the link above, the main link for TI showed as 1st result, but when i clicked it, the page 404'd

what is that about, anybody know ??

i used "ask.com" to provide the link but what's up with the factory link being 404'd, ever ??
edit on 3-2-2013 by Honor93 because: ETA

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join