It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If its semi-auto and you can GRIP it, it's banned!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

you are welcome and i hope your next response is a little less combative.

a pistol has to have the capacity to accept a detachable magazine AND any one of those other things
yes, no kidding ... problem is you are reading extra words into it.

most SAPs are magazine loaded units.
some SAPs are loadable forward of the trigger ... ALL of them would qualify for banning.

Any SAP that has a magazine (loadable in the grip) with a capacity larger than 10 bullets is ALSO qualifiable to be banned.

you need to read more than the 'definitions' if you plan on comprehending what ALL is included.

So, for a pistol to be banned, it has to have a detachable magazine AND that detachable magazine has to be outside of the pistol grip
NO, this would be true for my Nano because it has a 6+1 capacity ... however, if it were 12+1, it would be banned.
(regardless WHERE the mag loads)

If it has a magazine INSIDE the pistol grip (like most pistols), it's not banned
so long as it is less than 10 shot capacity ... otherwise, you are wrong.

But if it doesn't have one of the other items (i-iv) it's fine
wrong again ... please, read on ... it gets worse.

That's what I said in the statement you quoted
actually it isn't but you can keep thinking it was.

But that loadable mag HAS to be outside the pistol grip for it to be banned
NO and NO ... that loadable 'grip' mag has to be under a specific capacity or it is banned.

It's talking about is a fixed magazine
no, you are confused.
there is no such thing as a "fixed magazine" unless you are referring to 'clips' and those units that have them are already banned for other reasons.

if you believe what THEY wrote, please prove it.
link a photo of any non-qualifying SAP that has a fixed clip (not a magazine) with greater than 10rnd capacity.

otherwise, it's nothing more than fancy words on a piece of paper.

ETA -- because i have no interest in pointing out all the bad aspects of this nonsense ... let's get one thing straight ...

‘‘(37) The term ‘large capacity ammunition feeding device’—
‘‘(A) means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, including any such device joined or
coupled with another in any manner, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored,
changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
now, you can argue with me til the cows come home, but it won't change the above.
large capacity ammunition feeding device -- applies to any firearm that can utilize them.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
REGARDLESS of the banned weapons in this bill...pay attention to the preamble to this bill......

It states "To regulate assault weapons, to insure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes"

so the word infringe will have a new definition, the 2nd amendment can and will be regulated!

we will call what ever gun an assault weapon!

types of guns can be regulated!

and the third part?............what is this bill trying to say?? what are the other purposes??

no one can own a gun, if its not a hunting rifle? whay will be considered hunting a rifle?? bolt? pump? or only single shot?

will handguns be deemed other purpose and be banned next? who needs a handgun except for the police!??

the preamble alone makes this bill scary enough, it deems to undermine the second amendment!!

and the grandfather clause states, the 2nd amendment is good for you, but we are banning it for your children!

and you will only be allowed a gun or type of gun you local police chief OKs....so its turn in your gun, then see if the locals will confiscate it!!

there is no provision for what rights you have or procedures for these grandfather permits...its all to be figured out later by the ATF!

The rules and regulations are to be made up after the bill is passed!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dekard1138

That is true because it gives the BATFE a broad brush in power that same power that banned smoke grenades to the public as the igniter was "reclassifed" by the BATFE as "Explosive".

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I know that there are some good lawyers out there. They need to step forward and not wait for a case just to make money.
i won't dispute this but i sure have never met one.
and, i do have several worthwhile cases that no one will touch ... believe me, i've tried.
i even had a viable claim over the peanut butter poisoning, years ago, but couldn't find one to take the case.

so, in light of my experiences, i'm going with the belly of the beast scenario you mentioned first

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Read it and I agree that your being taken. Unless it’s basicially a no frills generic hunting rifle, shotgun or 10 mag hand gun it will be eventually banned. Even the language used and what they are banning is very specific.

At the end of the day its looks like your Gov is trying to move you into our type of society (UK) where the public can’t have hand guns but the politicians’ body guards can. Do as I say.......

America as a country is too big and vast not to have some form of personal protection. I’m not a gun advocate but I can see that its a necessity for your way of life.

Your government is playing this smart. They ARE giving you enough firepower to defend yourself personally, just not enough to defend or attack a repressive regime.

edit on 1-2-2013 by michaelmcclen because: each passing keystroke concretes my existence into the alphabet agencies databases for no conforming individuals

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to my previous post

to all the gun gurus that frequent this site ... please, if it exists, show me

link a photo of any non-qualifying SAP that has a fixed clip (not a magazine) with greater than 10rnd capacity.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dekard1138

The rules and regulations are to be made up after the bill is passed!
YEP, just like Obamacare ... take this, take that and btw, we'll be taking all you've got so get ready

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

sooooo, that's what happened to them, eh ??
re-classified ... typical.

boy i'd like to re-classify some politicians ... don't we have that authority already ????????

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
Where is all the outrage from the gun makers and manufacturers and sellers at? I am seeing nothing coming from them, why are they not throwing some money around, trying to get some laws passed or something, makes no sense.

Does this mean that I could still have one of those older Gatling guns that has a grinder style handle on it since it doesn't have a grip its mounted on a turret

Back in the old days they only had six shooters and 1 shot rifles, double barrel shotguns and the military and other people had better guns and they still seemed to keep things under control...

Not that I agree with any of these bans but someone can just as easily kill a bunch of people with a six shooter or a 1 shot rifle. From a safety standpoint it really just makes no sense and you can always still get a gun on the black market or steal one.. If you plan to kill a bunch of people then what is the big deal in finding someone who has some good weapons and killing them with your 6 shooter so you can use their better weapons to kill more people..

People who want to kill are going to do it one way or another they will find a way and maybe they will just go on the internet and make a bomb if they can't find the proper gun then they can kill more people then they could with a semi-auto rifle.

They had repeater rifles back in the old old days to go along with their 6 shooters that would hold something like 13 rounds depending on the length of the barrel. (not technically semi-automatic, but not single shot either)
Great movie to watch regarding how valuable a repeater was to a frontiersman, Winchester '73.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by neo96

sooooo, that's what happened to them, eh ??
re-classified ... typical.

boy i'd like to re-classify some politicians ... don't we have that authority already ????????

Yes but don't take my word for it google it "why were smoke grenades banned?" you will find the available info including BATFE pdf 5400.7/.

www.atf.gov...

It's not the "smoke grenade" but the fuze/igniter
edit on 1-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

thanks, i never gave it much thought til you mentioned it.
a few years back, i asked one of the fireworks sellers about 'smoke bombs' and all i got was ... "we don't carry those anymore", rather flippantly.
never inquired much beyond that so thanks for the info

as a kid, they were never in light supply and we were always 'loaded' ... so to speak.
seems they've already taken all the kids' toys and now they're after ours

i'm wondering, does anyone have a link to a form-letter or template to correspond with our Congress reps ?? Sens & Reps HAVE to hear from us by the bucket-loads or they might be tempted to bow to their 'providers'.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

'm wondering, does anyone have a link to a form-letter or template to correspond with our Congress reps ?? Sens & Reps HAVE to hear from us by the bucket-loads or they might be tempted to bow to their 'providers'.

I don't honestly never have written my congressman not in any point of it they are going to do what they want regardless of what we think.

This is the best I can do:

usgovinfo.about.com...

And:

www.docstoc.com...
edit on 1-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So a new market has opened for arm mounted Automatic weapons cool. If they ban grips that means there are ways around it.

***** goes to build suit of armor to mount weapon to or gauntlet... maybe a few drones of my own*******************

PS- please note this is only for --can hunting

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

What constitutes a "barrel shroud" under the law? Any semi-automatic has the barrel within the upper reciever. The barrel is exposed when fired and "shrouded" by the reciever.

I know that a barrel shroud is typically a safety device used to prevent burns from a hot barrel, but I can also see the potential for abuse. Maybe I am just looking into this too much.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jibeho

This is simply NOT TRUE! Only semi-automatic pistols that have the capacity to accept a detachable magazine outside the pistol grip are banned...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:
(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine AND any 1 of the following:
(i) A threaded barrel.
(ii) A second pistol grip.
(iii) A barrel shroud.
(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip..

Text of Bill

If you guys want to make any ground, you're going to have to be more factual - especially when you complain so loudly about the MSM being dishonest to "push their agenda"... It seems to me it's happening in spades on BOTH sides of the issue...

That's what you get for using websites such as "the daily caller" without checking FOR YOURSELF... I'm really surprised you posted this. Stop falling for this crazy crap from non-credible websites. Please?

edit on 2/1/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Actually, if "any of you" think that this would actually pass through congress, your delusional.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

A threaded barrel...

You realize that almost every shotgun ever made for bird hunting has a threaded barrel so that you can change out choke tubes so that you can adjust the spread : range of your patterns...

This is so you can adjust the pattern to fit the conditions...

A barrel shroud....

A lot of "Not assault weapons" have these too.... You know what they are for? It's so you don't burn your hand on the barrel as exploding gunpowder has a tendency to get pretty darn hot...

-------------

You own zero guns... am I right?
edit on 1-2-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

They're talking about rifles with externally threaded barrels capable of accepting a dreaded flash hider.

There have been some very good replies. There is much more to this than the previous ban. Also I wouldn't be surprised at anything Congress passes. Having faith in Congress is like believing elections aren't rigged.
edit on 1-2-2013 by tompumped because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

thanks for the links ... i'll put something together.
i'm not in the right frame of mind to 'construct' one ... it wouldn't be pretty.

this is why the 'art of persuasion' is an art.
knowing what i'd like to say is one thing -- but it might end up on the wrong side of persuasion
if ya know what i mean.

besides, we are near a border so there's nearly a dozen reps we can legitimately contact.
(3 counties + Senators)

this proposal is so bad ... that every American who disapproves should make their voice heard.
if ever there was a time to speak up, be heard and be represented, it's now.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
So I'm safe then?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to my previous post

to all the gun gurus that frequent this site ... please, if it exists, show me

I know there are a whole bunch of variants and versions of the Mauser C96...maybe one of those?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join