If its semi-auto and you can GRIP it, it's banned!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by neo96

Can I see your link? That's not language from the bill, so I'm not inclined to take someone's word for it.
edit on 2/1/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Sorry thought you said you read it ?

guess not as the link was already provided, but here it is once more.

Feinsteins own site:

www.feinstein.senate.gov...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Can I see your link? That's not language from the bill, so I'm not inclined to take someone's word for it.

I read the PDF you linked and Neo's post is an EXACT match as far as the meaning goes. His is easier to read though.

I have re-read it a bunch of times to make sure I saw each section header (Semi Auto Rifle, Shotgun, handgun...) to make sure I was reading it right..

Neo's Post

I don't own any Firearms, or I would have read it ten more times.
edit on 2/1/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
That is pretty much everything on the market.

That's hyperbole. Go to page 23 of this link (the actual bill) and you can read the list of guns that are NOT banned. There are MANY pistols, rifles and shotguns that are NOT banned. Look up your guns on the list.And not all exempted guns are listed.

www.feinstein.senate.gov...

reply to post by Dustytoad

Yes, I see that. I just wanted to know where he got it. That's exactly what's in the bill. What I disagree with is that covers 90% of the guns on the market, as neo is claiming.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

This is simply NOT TRUE! Only semi-automatic pistols that have the capacity to accept a detachable magazine outside the pistol grip are banned...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:
(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine AND any 1 of the following:
(i) A threaded barrel.
(ii) A second pistol grip.
(iii) A barrel shroud.
(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip..

Text of Bill

If you guys want to make any ground, you're going to have to be more factual - especially when you complain so loudly about the MSM being dishonest to "push their agenda"... It seems to me it's happening in spades on BOTH sides of the issue...

That's what you get for using websites such as "the daily caller" without checking FOR YOURSELF... I'm really surprised you posted this. Stop falling for this crazy crap from non-credible websites. Please?

Your only focusing on that one section which refers to a pistol version of an AR-15 which lacks a traditional stock. Read it all....

[The same language is repeated for handguns and shotguns; magazine includes belt fed; also included: "Any combination of parts from which a firearm described in subparagraphs (A) through (K) can be assembled;"]

Read more: dailycaller.com...
edit on 1-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yes, I see that. I just wanted to know where he got it. That's exactly what's in the bill. What I disagree with is that covers 90% of the guns on the market, as neo is claiming.

Yea that may be true depending on what they are calling a pistol grip, and I don't mean in relation to pistols, but semi automatic rifles..

It's looking like I'll never get that AR I was shopping for in my head..

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Feinstein wrote the bill she also wrote the summary and that does cover 90% of all weapons in this country.

Guns with more than 10 rounds are banned

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
Your only focusing on that one section which refers to a pistol version of an AR-15 which lacks a traditional stock. Read it all....

No. I have read them all. I focused on the pistol part because that's the point I was making at the time. There are sections for rifles, shotguns and pistols and they're all slightly different. It's not exactly the same language for all.

I'm not depending on the daily caller. I'm reading the bill.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

buy a ruger mini 14 or mini 30, great weapon! grab a bunch of mags for it too while you can

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I've cross checked the article with the Bill and its all accurate including this bit

“(v)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a semiautomatic assault weapon.”

as defined in the portions of the bill being discussed. The pistol grip is the common denominator linking all of these semi auto weapons together. Pistol, rifle , shotgun They are classified as Semi auto weapons if equipped as defined....

The term ‘pistol grip’ means a grip, a thumb-hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.”

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Where is all the outrage from the gun makers and manufacturers and sellers at? I am seeing nothing coming from them, why are they not throwing some money around, trying to get some laws passed or something, makes no sense.

Does this mean that I could still have one of those older Gatling guns that has a grinder style handle on it since it doesn't have a grip its mounted on a turret

Back in the old days they only had six shooters and 1 shot rifles, double barrel shotguns and the military and other people had better guns and they still seemed to keep things under control...

Not that I agree with any of these bans but someone can just as easily kill a bunch of people with a six shooter or a 1 shot rifle. From a safety standpoint it really just makes no sense and you can always still get a gun on the black market or steal one.. If you plan to kill a bunch of people then what is the big deal in finding someone who has some good weapons and killing them with your 6 shooter so you can use their better weapons to kill more people..

People who want to kill are going to do it one way or another they will find a way and maybe they will just go on the internet and make a bomb if they can't find the proper gun then they can kill more people then they could with a semi-auto rifle.

link   

Glad to see someone who knows what they're talking about.
Yes, the bill defines pistol grip, but the language is vague and could be considered to mean the "stock grip" on any rifle or the stock itself! Some lawyers are going to get very rich if this thing passes (which it won't). But if that were the case, MANY of the guns on the list of exempted guns would actually be banned.

Originally posted by Dustytoad
Yea that may be true depending on what they are calling a pistol grip, and I don't mean in relation to pistols, but semi automatic rifles..

The term ‘pistol grip’ means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.
The term ‘forward grip’ means a grip located forward of the trigger that functions as a pistol grip.

Bill Text

Just to reiterate: I am opposed to this bill. I just think if people are going to discuss it, we should discuss what's actually IN the bill.

It's looking like I'll never get that AR I was shopping for in my head..

I'm sorry.

link   
reply to post by jibeho

The pistols are legal unless there is a second pistol grip or more than 10 rounds.
No matter how the word "grip" get's defined as to enforcement won't affect those.

At above post.. Yes that's exactly what I am worried about.. What rifle doesn't have a stock grip??? I mean I don't know that much, but is there such a thing? How would it be fired? Your hand needs to "Grip" something near the trigger..

link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

The tactical version of the Mini with an ATI stock is on the banned list! Amazing. Just change the stock and its banned. I've got my little 10/22 in a tapco stock. I hope they don't come looking for me

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In reality, it doesn't matter in the end.

The government wants to pass this bill into law that will dictate what firearms they approve of, and the firearms that they don't approve of.

Bullets, clips, grips, shape, style.

They all are handheld pieces of equipment that are designed to propel a projectile rapidly.

Most are used for defense. Most are hardly ever used at all. Yet the government wants to dictate, to control, the ownership and usage of weapons. They want to determine what a firearm should be used for.

And that scares the hell out of me.

We have an uneasy peace with government. It is a necessary evil. But sometimes government forgets it's place. It gets too big. Government should be in the service of the people. Not the other way around.

One question we should ask ourselves is "What comes after?"

What comes after this law? What will be the next? And the one after that, and the one after that?

All of us have a different place where we would draw the line in the sand and state, "No more."

Some have already drawn that line. Others haven't. Not until most Americans are all standing behind the same line will something be done.

I just hope we don't have to wait too much longer.

Forgive my long-winded rant, but I felt it needed to be said.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

it's so simple to just buy a wood stock version, and then pic up the stock you want and change em out as needed..

I will say this...no matter the wording of the bill, no matter if the flat ban every form of the firearm since the flintlock...they have one major problem they can not deal with....

getting the 300 million firearms out of the hands of pissed off americans!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
At above post.. Yes that's exactly what I am worried about.. What rifle doesn't have a stock grip??? I mean I don't know that much, but is there such a thing? How would it be fired? Your hand needs to "Grip" something near the trigger..

Exactly! Lawyers gonna get RICH!

Not only that, but what about the forestock on a rifle? That's a grip. Feinstein needs to define the word GRIP.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by jibeho

it's so simple to just buy a wood stock version, and then pic up the stock you want and change em out as needed..

I will say this...no matter the wording of the bill, no matter if the flat ban every form of the firearm since the flintlock...they have one major problem they can not deal with....

getting the 300 million firearms out of the hands of pissed off americans!

Calm down, cowboy. There's nothing in the bill that says guns are going to be confiscated. The bill hasn't even been passed (and most likely won't in it's present form). Yee ha.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Oh don't worry, I am calm...and I am not worried, I know what they are doing, I am a vet, also been in law enforcement, I know what the plan is, and has been...and this is what it comes down too is wording, my point is

pass it or not, ban them or not, Give them up, I will not!
I was born with the right to own them, and will die with them if needed.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Looks like it's time to start bringing out the shotties with wrist cuffs and a side brace. Push a button and it fires. No need to grip it - because it grips you. From Mother Russia with love, eh?

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join