It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If its semi-auto and you can GRIP it, it's banned!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by beezzer

Short and SWEET!

Someone should ask her about her CCW that she acquired in 1995 right after viciously fighting for the 1994 AWB.

This isn't about guns, or grips, or semi-automatics or clips or rounds. . . . .

It's about a government that is afraid of it's people. They can't offer edicts or decrees. We'd just laugh and say, "Make me!"

So any step towards gun bans will help them.

Just my humble opinion.

(thought you deserved a longer answer, bud!)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This is simply NOT TRUE! Only semi-automatic pistols that have the capacity to accept a detachable magazine outside the pistol grip are banned...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:
(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine AND any 1 of the following:
(i) A threaded barrel.
(ii) A second pistol grip.
(iii) A barrel shroud.
(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip..

Text of Bill

If you guys want to make any ground, you're going to have to be more factual - especially when you complain so loudly about the MSM being dishonest to "push their agenda"... It seems to me it's happening in spades on BOTH sides of the issue...

That's what you get for using websites such as "the daily caller" without checking FOR YOURSELF... I'm really surprised you posted this. Stop falling for this crazy crap from non-credible websites. Please?

edit on 2/1/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

A threaded barrel...

You realize that almost every shotgun ever made for bird hunting has a threaded barrel so that you can change out choke tubes so that you can adjust the spread : range of your patterns...

This is so you can adjust the pattern to fit the conditions...

A barrel shroud....

A lot of "Not assault weapons" have these too.... You know what they are for? It's so you don't burn your hand on the barrel as exploding gunpowder has a tendency to get pretty darn hot...

-------------

You own zero guns... am I right?
edit on 1-2-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Stop falling for this crazy crap from non-credible websites. Please? .

That is what we are doing we are not falling for Feinstein or the current administration and the anti gun crowd says.

Contrary to popular belief the crap is not suppose to roll down hill from DC works the other way around.

Point of fact : Don't start none won't be none.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Originally posted by DaMod
A threaded barrel...

You realize that almost every shotgun ever made for bird hunting has a threaded barrel so that you can change out choke tubes so that you can adjust the spread : range of your patterns...

2. A pistol is not a shotgun.
1. A rifle is not a shotgun.
Do they have a threaded barrel AND a detachable magazine? Read the text of the bill. I'm not going to hold your hand on this. The shotgun section doesn't mention "threaded barrel". This is the last time I'm going to answer your questions. READ THE BILL.

You own zero guns... am I right?

That's none of your business and irrelevant to the FACTS.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

That's none of your business and irrelevant to the FACTS.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then its none of your business what WE own.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Read your own quote...

It says any "1" of the following.

----------------

Anyone think this gun ban resembles localized pittbull bans? Oh noes these dogs are dangerous so you can't have one...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
That is what we are doing we are not falling for Feinstein or the current administration and the anti gun crowd says.

Neither am I. But facts are facts. If you want to deal in propaganda, you're free to lower yourself to their level. If you want to share the truth to open people's eyes, then do that.

I am not "anti-gun". I wouldn't know so much if I was, would I? I'd be ignorant like those who are trying to arbitrarily ban weapons for cosmetic reasons. I do NOT agree with the ban. Don't assume so much.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yeah facts are facts:

Like "assaut weapons" were not used in Sandy hook

Facts like not a single gun owner on this board committed those acts.

Facts like some people trying to hold ME and others accountable for actions we did not do, but hell they are "irrelevant".

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Except wasn't that one with 2 military characteristics? So just having a pistol grip wouldn't make it illegal in 1994.. That's a Big difference.

That is a key difference between the 94 ban and this new one.

Anyone who thinks this is a simple renewal of the 94 ban obviously hanst read it or doesnt know squat about the 94 ban in the first place.

But it sure doesn't stop them from coming into threads and puking their tripe. Wonders if it's just a cheap try for stars and such, it has to be because it is happening more and more. I wish ATS would get rid of the star program. But well put this new bill has 0 in common with the original ban.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is their MO make the language vague enough so they can interpret it any way they want for enforcement. Sure they won't enforce everything right away but just like the ATF has reinterpreted the law from time to time and instantly made criminals out of dealers and manufactures who had been in business for years doing what they were suddenly arrested for.

It's time to stop pussy footing around on this crap and worrying about what nuances are in the bill and put a stop to this nonsense once and for all! Congress and future congresses need to know they should never ever put a bill like this forth!

edit on 1-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Originally posted by DaMod
Read your own quote...

It says any "1" of the following.

I DID read it. YOU read it. Let me break it down for you:

The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:
(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine AND any 1 of the following:
(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

So, to be considered a semi-autiomatic weapon, a pistol has to be a semi-automatic that has a detachable magazine AND another detachable magazine outside the pistol grip.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm not arguing about what was used at Sandy Hook.
Are you just bringing that in to change the subject? And I'm certainly not accusing anyone here of doing anything. What are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by beezzer

Short and SWEET!

Someone should ask her about her CCW that she acquired in 1995 right after viciously fighting for the 1994 AWB.

oh heck no 1995 ... pffffft
this biatch has been toting since 1986 or earlier.
(i think it was 82 but don't hold me to that)

heck, she got a permit to carry when NO ONE else in her region had one.
and, she had to use her political clout to get it.

she is last person i'd trust with a weapon of any kind, even a pen.
and her proposed legislation is an absolute failure and would never be Constitutionally valid.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by neo96

I'm not arguing about what was used at Sandy Hook.
Are you just bringing that in to change the subject? And I'm certainly not accusing anyone here of doing anything. What are you talking about?

Feinsteins bill is the topic and here it is for all to read and under the endorsement list you will see Education and child welfare "20 children"

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Feinsteins bill is the topic and here it is for all to read

Yes. I posted a link to the bill earlier. That's where I'm getting my information.

and under the endorsement list you will see Education and child welfare "20 children"

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Read the pdf?

Because it proves what the op is saying:

From the pdf.

Under SAW means virtually 90%+ of all guns currently in the hands of the public.

Any gun can be used to "assault" and banning all SAWS from the public.semi automatic assault weapon.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Read the pdf?

Are you asking me if I have read it? I have read the description of a SAW (according to the bill).

Because it proves what the op is saying:

It does not. It proves just the opposite and that's what I've been posting about. I have posted the relevant parts of the bill.

It sure would be nice if some of you who know about guns (Semper?? Honor93??) would come in and validate that what I've said here is true.

Under SAW means virtually 90%+ of all guns currently in the hands of the public.

You are wrong. Be ignorant if you like.

Any gun can be used to "assault" and banning all SAWS from the public.semi automatic assault weapon.

Oh, LORD!
This is getting downright funny!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Yep wonder who is being ignorant:

All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel.

All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

All semiautomatic rifles and handguns that have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds

All semiautomatic shotguns that have a folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; pistol grip; fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds; ability to accept a detachable magazine; forward grip; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; or shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
'

All ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips, and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 round

That is pretty much everything on the market.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Can I see your link? That's not language from the bill, so I'm not inclined to take someone's word for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join