It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please debunk this ---UFO UFO over California Coast 2-9-2004 "Franks Peak", San Marcos, CA"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The only reason I really question whether this is a UFO is because in so many of these videos we never see the end...we never see the craft fly away. If you were recording an actual UFO would you set the camera down before the craft flies away?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If the lights were coming from Dantes peak, then there would be no room for error.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Are you for real?

I showed you a video of double peaks, cars parked outlooking san marco - if you really think lights from cars parked ontop of a that hill would not give there same image in the video then you really have lost it.

I cant say for defo this is it, but it would defo give the same image - why ask for it to be debunk if when ever anyone suggests anything you shot it down - what is wrong with people like you

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
considering this video is showing its from 2004
its near impossible to prove either way.
kind of old and outdated for any 'evidence'

but im going to go with my original as ems on a call.
i even tryed to screen capture the video and pull it into
photoshop and play around and got nothing, just to
dark of a picture to get any outlines of any type except
just to the right of the lights looks to be a tree or bush
if you zoom in you can see it when the camera zooms in close
on the lights. It dosent move or change.

UFO or friendly EMS we will never know. sad the guy taking the video
was not closer to get a better view or had IR nightshot on his camcorder.

Why is it all the UFO hunters dont have sony's with nightshot? i have always
wondered that.. Thousands of video's of dark blotches and some lights, if they
only had nightshot at least a shape could be made out.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Franks Peak is a mountain summit in San Diego County in the state of California (CA). Franks Peak climbs to 1,680 feet (512.06 meters) above sea level. Franks Peak is located at latitude - longitude coordinates (also called lat - long coordinates or GPS coordinates) of N 33.10504 and W -117.156978.

www.mountainzone.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Looks like a team of boy scouts on a training escapade, each carrying a ceremonial torch light in echelon formation, and are on the way to earning their candle light night time exploration badges. Furthermore

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think your wrong. Check out my explantation.

Case closed.

Originally posted by severdsoul
considering this video is showing its from 2004
its near impossible to prove either way.
kind of old and outdated for any 'evidence'

but im going to go with my original as ems on a call.
i even tryed to screen capture the video and pull it into
photoshop and play around and got nothing, just to
dark of a picture to get any outlines of any type except
just to the right of the lights looks to be a tree or bush
if you zoom in you can see it when the camera zooms in close
on the lights. It dosent move or change.

UFO or friendly EMS we will never know. sad the guy taking the video
was not closer to get a better view or had IR nightshot on his camcorder.

Why is it all the UFO hunters dont have sony's with nightshot? i have always
wondered that.. Thousands of video's of dark blotches and some lights, if they
only had nightshot at least a shape could be made out.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Looking at franks peak on google it appears the ocean can be seen clearly from there,i`m going with an oil tanker on the ocean.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
reply to post by homeslice

Franks Peak is not Double Peak

Double Peak is not Franks Peak

do you understand now?

How can it just be the lights from the house you posted if its not the right peak?
edit on 1-2-2013 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

The video was filmed FROM Franks Peak. Homeslice is saying the videographer could have been filming across the valley TO Double Peak.

Obviously he would not be able to get a "far away view" of Franks Peak if he was on Franks Peak.

For example, this image of the top of Mt. Everest was NOT taken from the top of Mt. Everest, but from another mountain:

I'm not sure why this is confusing you so much.

edit on 2/1/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan

How did you verify that you were "zoomed in" to the google maps view properly, or how did you verify the camera angle at which the original video was taken?

Please explain your methodology.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by felixjames20

Are you for real?

I showed you a video of double peaks, cars parked outlooking san marco - if you really think lights from cars parked ontop of a that hill would not give there same image in the video then you really have lost it.

I cant say for defo this is it, but it would defo give the same image - why ask for it to be debunk if when ever anyone suggests anything you shot it down - what is wrong with people like you

Yes, he's for real. Ask for an explaination, get a reasonable response and bam! that trap has been sprung!. The debunker has now been debunked! The thing is, we don't have a real vantage point to go on to prove whatever explaination is offered. It doesn't matter if its reasonable or not. you can't prove it which puts the ball in your court to prove what you claim. So if you follow, the tables get turned but the real question is "how is this a flying anything?" which it clearly has absolutely no qualities of anything flying except for appearing to be up in the air.

Since this is a you tube video of something that appears to be up in the air from an unknown vantage point in a mountainous area and your reasonable responses can't be proved, the only conclusion is Space Aliens!
edit on 1-2-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

..Since this is a you tube video of something that appears to be up in the air from an unknown vantage point in a mountainous area and your reasonable responses can't be proved, the only conclusion is Space Aliens!

I wouldn't say it definitely "appears to be up in the air" until we find out whether there is a hill beyond.

Until then, it can't be said either way whether this was lights up in the air or if they were lights on a distant hill.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

..Since this is a you tube video of something that appears to be up in the air from an unknown vantage point in a mountainous area and your reasonable responses can't be proved, the only conclusion is Space Aliens!

I wouldn't say it definitely "appears to be up in the air" until we find out whether there is a hill beyond.

Until then, it can't be said either way whether this was lights up in the air or if they were lights on a distant hill.

What I mean by "appears" is that I "appear" really fat or I "appear" really thin depending on which carnival mirror I'm standing in front of. My opinion is that it only "appears" up in the air but really is something in the hills with a probability of this being the correct conclusion at somewhere between 99% to 99.999%

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Battery problems often participate in those videos endings as the events occuring suddenly and no time for a big charge before recording.

I mean the camera battery can be at 20% or 60% depending on when it was used before and how much.

You can agree that you dont often charge your cameras battery if you dont want to record something.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As an Oceanside (north San Diego county) native, I can 100% tell you that this is not a video of Double Peak park. I've been going to Double Peak since 2007, I like to go there once or twice a month for the spectacular view. These building are relatively new, they're from 2009. The only way up there around the time this video was shot would have been to hike on a trail leading up to the top of the peak. This video is from 2004, five years earlier than the actual opening of the park so thus, no cars or building would have been present. Not saying it's a UFO, it could be some other part of north SD county but it's most certainly not Double Peak Park.
edit on 2/1/2013 by Daedalus24 because: clarification

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gedo:Rinne Tensei
reply to post by Rezlooper

Battery problems often participate in those videos endings as the events occuring suddenly and no time for a big charge before recording.

I mean the camera battery can be at 20% or 60% depending on when it was used before and how much.

You can agree that you dont often charge your cameras battery if you dont want to record something.

Good point, now I can believe again

j/k never stopped...just wish that once in a while we'd get one of these types of inconclusive recordings to catch the lights (object) flying away.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muckyman
Looking at franks peak on google it appears the ocean can be seen clearly from there,i`m going with an oil tanker on the ocean.

i agree it looks like a big ship to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

What? You are the one that doesn't understand. I am saying that ontop of double peak is that building I posted above. Double peak is very close to franks peak. The guy who filmed this states he was filming from franks peak - which means he could quite possibly have been looking in the direction of double peak... which has a building on top of it... which presumably has lights installed in it.

Is 3 times enough? or do u want me to explain it again?

Anyway - thats my theory.
edit on 1-2-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

The round gazebo could have lights ours does.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
After reading the oil tanker post and going back to look at video, it sure does look like an oil tanker. At the rear (right side) you can see the elevated white structure above the lights. Only thing is that it seems to large when you compare to the city lights, also because assuming how high above the city it would have to be far out on the horizon and it still appears large to the city lights, unless the city is a very small town. But, my guess would be that it's an oil tanker.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join