It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb outside US embassy in Ankara

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Edit to add: did a search with zero results but have since found this thread covering the story in another forum

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bomb outside US embassy in Ankara

www.telegraph.co.uk

Police claimed that a suicide bomber detonated a bomb at the embassy, with two people killed.
A source at the nearby British Embassy told The Daily Telegraph that the explosion was caused by a bomb, but contradicted reports it was a suicide bomb.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1-2-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Did a search nothing came uo.

This has literally just broke on Al Jazeera, but has ben being reported on news sites for about twenty minutes. Not much detail yet as can be seen from the first link.

It will be interesting to see who claims responsibility. TPTB I think are looking for reasons to get Turkey involved in this middle east mess.

The tension in this area is being ramped up. The whole region will go up at some point but the likelihood is sooner rather than later as I had previously thought.

We now have multiple states With multiple greivances. I warned my sister about 4 yrs ago not to buy a holiday home 90 miles from the border but she wouldn't listen.

More links to follow and I would appreciate others adding info as it surfaces as i'll be unable to in a couple of hours.

For some reason the following link has already been 404'd

www.dailystar.com.lb.../News/Middle-East/2013/Feb-01/ErrorPage.aspx#axzz2JeIWc9gg

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

It's still in the Real Time: New Topics section under 'New Topics', posted 15 minutes ago...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Cheers.

----

I'm not a fan of multiple threads on the same events so I recommend members check out the thread quoted in the OP that has got most traction so far.

Here it is,

edit on 1-2-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
AP headline says suicide bomber at US embassy in Ankara 2 dead -

it then goes on to report 2 security guards were killed - 2 guards and a suicide bomber = 3 so unless they cant count, there's something not right

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
More news prior to the bomb blast, Bin Laden Son has been arrested one of the many sons.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

2 of Bin Laden's sons injured and arrested and both on America's Most Wanted list - Washington says it might not be them, I suppose they'll have to go to Osama's new retreat and ask him personally and organise a family reunion

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

That thread is from 2011, so it's a different event

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Russia Today have comfirmed it's Bin Laden's son in law and he was arrested in Ankara

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
the UK's ITV main 6pm news gave the story less than 3 seconds with no mention of the arrest of anyone related to Bin Laden...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
...This is interesting.

new topics

top topics

join