It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic terrorists' threaten to murder Australian captive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Another perfect example certain people following their religion.

Warren Rodwell, a 54-year-old retired soldier, was seized from his home in the Philippines in December 2011 by gunmen from the al-Qaeda-linked terrorist group Al Harakatul Al-Islamiyyah.

TERRORIST group Al Harakatul Al-Islamiyyah has said it will kill Australian hostage Warren Rodwell, in the latest threat to the Australian government.

The threat was accompanied by a new photograph of Mr Rodwell surrounded by masked gunmen.

In an internet message aimed at the Australian government, the kidnappers say Mr Rodwell, will soon be executed unless the unspecified ransom is paid immediately.

These Islamic Terrorists posted a threat via Facebook.

The Facebook message posted by the terrorist group is directed at the Australian Government and says: "We will give you a chance to save his life before it's too late."

“To the Australian government, in behalf of the majlisus Shura of Alharakatul Islamiyya in southern Philippines, we officially inform you that your citizen Warren Rodwell is in our custody and control since he was abducted at Ipil, Sibugay Province, Mindanao Philippines last December 5, 2011 and now facing Islamic sharee’ah,” the group said.

"If you have concerned (sic) with your men, we will give you a chance to save his life before it’s too late, as soon as possible time (sic), otherwise he will suffer unusual way of Death,” the group added.

The Australian

The group holding him say in their latest internet message that they operate ‘in the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate.’

Islamic terrorist groups in the southern Philippines – there are three major organisations – have either shot or beheaded captives in the past and the reference to an ‘unusual way of death’ is believed to suggested a beheading.

They claim to love and honor Allah they have never met or seen and yet have no respect or compassion for a human they can see, feel and touch.They are a disgrace to the human race. These Islamic Terrorists should shove their heads as far up their own backsides and search for some brains there.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX

They claim to love and honor Allah* they have never met or seen and yet have no respect or compassion for a human they can see, feel and touch.

*Replace Allah with the name of any God.

Yep the world is full of crazies without a doubt regardless of religious affiliation.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Severin

True.

Don't read much about *any god* other than this one however.

I guess all the christian jew buddhist zoroastrian meanies are continuing their attack on the ever loving peaceful hippy muslim terrorists.

When will they ever stop their crusade against them.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Severin

They claim to love and honor Allah* they have never met or seen and yet have no respect or compassion for a human they can see, feel and touch.

Yep the world is full of crazies without a doubt regardless of religious affiliation.

NO I wont replace that.
Because they were 'Islamic Terrorists'.
And not Christian , Buddhist or Hindu Terrorist.

And BTW they themselves said that they were following orders of Allah.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitingRogue

NO I wont replace that.

Naturally you react with the same anger and hurt when Israel bombs a school full of innocent people?

Of course you don't, because you are a dog.

Where did you find Israel in this thread?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

NO I wont replace that.

Ok, let me make your ignorance a little clearer for you... ''they have never met or seen''...
Please tell me when was the last time you met or saw your god?

Oh and BTW, I don't condone the actions of these people, in fact I feel it is insanity. Just like any other kidnap/extortion/religious extremist action.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Judging by the date he joined, and the manner in which he responds, I wouldn't wast the time replying to them. They will be ~ before long.

It's always going to be the case; as soon as you mention islam, apologists will rally to throw christian or jew or what have you examples as if it somehow makes it OK.

Well, as far as I am concerned, when discussing one, I do not need to discuss the other. They are not the same problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Severin

Were they following the Allah's order?
Yes

Did they themselves claim it?
Yes

Problem solved.

PS:-
It is interesting to see that you are more worried about Allah's reputation than the man's life.

LINK 2
edit on 1-2-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
In my personal opinion, there are Islamic Terrorists and the there are Terrorists (or Kidnap and Ransom scammers on the side) who just happen to also be Islamic.

Now I don't doubt for a moment that the first exists. Of course it does. They've been who've our side has been fighting and being fought by for over a decade now. The Philippines was not over all Islamic when I last heard and by many factors in that nation, never will be. I think these are opportunistic thugs and someone ought to take out the garbage when possible. Sooner the better if they can simply insure the skill to get it done right. Maybe Obama could lend them a bit of help....it's not like it would be at all unique ..

Didn't the U.S. give the Philippines a solid training program for military units capable of this? Hmmm...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Severin

It is interesting to see that you are more worried about Allah's reputation than the man's life.

Where did I infer that, you're seeing things that aren't there.
I don't give a toss about any gods reputation... But my question still stands - When was the last time YOU met or saw your god?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The Philippines was not over all Islamic when I last heard and by many factors in that nation, never will be.

Didn't the U.S. give the Philippines a solid training program for military units capable of this? Hmmm...

en.wikipedia.org...

Abu Sayyaf (Arabic: جماعة أبو سياف‎; Jamāʿah Abū Sayyāf, ASG, Filipino: Grupong Abu Sayyaf) also known as al-Harakat al-Islamiyya[5] is one of several militant Islamist separatist groups based in and around the southern Philippines, in Bangsamoro (Jolo and Basilan), where for almost 30 years Muslim groups have been engaged in an insurgency for an independent province in the country.

Since its inception in the early 1990s, the group has carried out bombings, kidnappings, assassinations and extortion[7] in what they describe as their fight for an independent Islamic province in the Philippines.[8] Abu Sayyaf seeks the establishment of an Iranian-style Islamic theocracy in the southern Philippines

Targeting the United States

Most of the Abu Sayyaf victims have been Filipinos. However, non-Filipinos have also been taken hostage for large ransom payment demands. Westerners, especially Americans, have been targeted for political reasons.
In 1993, Abu Sayyaf kidnapped an American Bible translator in the southern Philippines. In 2000, Abu Sayyaf captured an American Muslim visiting Jolo and demanded that the United States release Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman and Ramzi Yousef, who were jailed for their involvement in the World Trade Center bombing of 1993.
A spokesman for the Abu Sayyaf has stated that, "We have been trying hard to get an American because they may think we are afraid of them." He added, "We want to fight the American people."

?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
As far as I know the Al Harakat Al-Islamiyya group (assume the OP misspelled) is actually more commonly known as the Abu Saayaf group based mostly in the Philippians and it is correct to say they have some links with Al-Qa’ida and they have a history of taking hostages.

What is perhaps interesting is that they unlike other Islamist groups don’t necessarily kill hostages, some have been released unharmed however others have not been so lucky. What is interesting about Abu Saayf is that they also have something similar to a criminal enterprise running alongside their other terrorist activities. It would seem they are holding this hostage for ransom some $2 million that his chances of survival may be increased they are using him for both propaganda but also for revenue as such he is more valuable to them alive. As such there is no reason why the Australian government along with the government of the Philippians could not approach this in the same way that other governments and hostage negotiators approach hostages taken in Somalia.

I would say that this threat is more of a attempt to push the Auzi’s into paying out the ransom. A rescue attempt could also be possible although again I would say it’s unlikely.

And a quick note to the OP, please stop this rubbish you are posting about how Allah (God, the same god of the Christians and the Jews) is ordering them to go and kill people. I have loads of Muslim friends who are very devout, one has a Imam as a father, and they don’t go around killing. It is a twisted perverted interpretation of a religion not the religion itself you need to understand that. These posts you make about it being the fault of the entire Islamic community are unfounded

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Severin

I don't give a toss about any gods reputation... But my question still stands - When was the last time YOU met or saw your god?

Your question is actually invalid.
What does my meeting with God has anything to do with terrorists killing people in the name of Allah?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Allah (God, the same god of the Christians and the Jews) is ordering them to go and kill people.

The link says this :-

The group holding him say in their latest internet message that they operate ‘in the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate.’

They add: ‘All praise is for Allah, the Lord of the Universe. May Allah bestow peace and blessings upon our Leader Muhammad, Leader of those who strive in Allah’s way and Imam of the pious.’

LINK

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

Yes but what they are doing is just as twisted as what happened during the Spanish Inquisitions, it is the same perversion, you wouldn’t say all Catholics are murders acting on the orders of God based on that horrible part of history, they followed a twisted interpretation using religion to justify their evil too (even greater than that of the terrorists we see now). Today we are seeing the modern-day version of this only with Islam, it is not the entirety of the religion itself that is to blame but rather it is the fault of those who abuse the religion. They may say they are working in the name of Allah but if you go down to any of your local Mosques and ask the Imam there he will tell you that they are not, he will tell you that they are not true Muslims.

The vast majority of Muslims are peaceful people, guys like you and me who don’t want to go around killing, most of them are saddened by how their religion is being abused at the hands of a minority. Please I implore you don’t blame Islam for the actions of a minority of its followers.

edit on 1-2-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Yes but what they are doing is just as twisted as what happened during the Spanish Inquisitions

I did not twist a word.
Are you suggesting that Dailymail and The Australian are twisting news?

They may say they are working in the name of Allah

So you agree that they said that they are working for Allah.

That's exactly what I posted.

The vast majority of Muslims are peaceful people

Something tells me you have a lot of convincing to do.

IF MOST MUSLIMS ARE PEACEFUL THEN WHY DONT THEY REACT WHEN EXTREMEST CAUSE HAVOC?WHOSE SIDE ARE THEY?

Seriously ask that question to yourself.

edit on 1-2-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

If you are going to continue with this pathetic xenophobic view that all Muslims are part of this, painting them all with the same brush and essentially that Islam is a religion of evil rather than peace then again, as I have said to you before on a previous thread I am not going to bother responding to anymore of your posts on this thread.

I regard such views is unintellectual and I am not interested in wasting my time responding to individuals who know nothing about what they are talking about and promote views that are bigoted and wholly ignorant.

I have a feeling this will not be the last time I will have to say such a thing on any of your post.

I will happily take part in this thread with other members but please do not expect me to respond to you directly, if you wish me to do so for any particular reason feel free to send a U2U.
edit on 1-2-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

What do you have say about this:-

IF MOST MUSLIMS ARE PEACEFUL THEN WHY DONT THEY REACT WHEN EXTREMEST CAUSE HAVOC?WHOSE SIDE ARE THEY?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Severin

Your question is actually invalid.
What does my meeting with God has anything to do with terrorists killing people in the name of Allah?

My distinction is very clear... You assert that these people 'have never met or seen (their god)' so please tell me of one instance when this is not the case for any other believer of any god.

[snip]
edit on 1-2-2013 by Severin because: I trust the Mods will sort this out anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join