It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Person, Religion or Masonic Knowledge Can Answer 'How' or 'Why' We Are Here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Anyone who claims they know the truth are lying to themselves.

If you claim the statement above is true, your also lying to yourself.

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by NorEaster

Congrats to you coughsarcasm cough, sounds like you got it all figured out.

I really hope that in the afterlife, they have front row seats that allow souls to see the look on the faces of the freshly deceased when they realize everything they ever thought was right, is wrong. Thats gotta be priceless

I plan on setting up exactly that sort of game room when I get there.

Count me in then. I'll make sure to look you up on the other side.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Perhaps, but odds are on my favor that none of us really knows the truth. If they did how could they trust the source?

Ofcourse , except for your messiah, He knew. For sure 100%

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I suggest you try reading the bible. A truly remarkable book that has influences from beyond our limited perception of space and time.
Seriously, put away your hatred for Christ, for God, for the flawed people that call themselves his children. Just read.
Genesis is quite remarkable.
Exodus makes you wonder just how thick we can be? I mean God himself led them out of Egypt, fed them from the sky, and in 40 days without Moses they were back to Idol worshiping?
The OT minor prophets literally foretold of events hundreds, and even thousands of years into the future. Too much to be coincidence.

If you are looking for answers, go to the creator. You might not be able to comprehend it though. Be patient. Keep reading. He will reveal himself to you if you make an honest attempt.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Great thread !! .. agree with every word .. s+f ! i made a thread a while back that went by all but completely unnoticed .. link on signature .. read the book i talk about if you have not already ... exactly same concept as you have written here but being a book it goes an awful lot more in depth and provides an answer to your question ... slow reading but worth every minute.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42

Perhaps, but odds are on my favor that none of us really knows the truth. If they did how could they trust the source?

When you find the source all fear will vanish.
Return to source.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't log in everyday so sorry for not replying to indivdual posts.

Some great replies so far and I'd just like to say although I don't know the answers and don't think anyone in this physical existence can, that does not mean I believe 'life' is a waste of time or pointless as some have suggested I meant.

My personal belief is we were given free will and the ability to make conscious decisions for a reason, be it a test or learning experience I'm not sure. But I don't believe it is coincidence that the one thing religions and freemasons agree on is the idea of free will and opposing forces- good vs evil, light vs dark, happiness vs sadness etc. I guess it ties in with 'As Above, So Below' which stems from Hermeticism, many belief systems have this common- that we make decisions through free will and good and evil, light and dark exist, one cannot exist without the other. This must have importance or at least that is what I think!

I believe life is to be cherished and we should be grateful for it, but we still reach the conclusion from the OP, that when it comes to full understanding of our origins and how we are here, we simply do not know.

For the record, my personal belief is God, or the creator is real, he/she/it is everything, an intelligent force that can create, and the universe has many layers or dimensions, with us in this physical existence way down the ladder. I believe in aliens, that they have been here and interfered with human history, but this whole universe is just one layer, the physical universe where different frequencies of energy are manifested as good or bad, love and hate etc. I don't have proof for that so once again stand by the conclusions of my OP

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

not sure what fear you are talking about nor why the source has to take it away.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wondering why and how you get things on your plate is because of not experiencing LIFE.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

LIFE cannot be judged verbaly for it is judged in actions.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It is the action that is no action to the mind.

Or is it? puz
edit on 3-2-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Itisnowagain

not sure what fear you are talking about nor why the source has to take it away.

'
You said 'how could you trust the source?'

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

When you find the source all fear will vanish.
Return to source.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

If you find 'the source' (the truth) there would be no worry about trust anymore - fearless.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I believe the reason we are here is simple. So simple that we don't even know when we are fufuilling our purpose. Which is only this...Reproduction and advancing the human race until we are able to not be wiped out by a single great catastrophe.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The how is fairly obvious and anyone who tells you otherwise is an idiot.

We are literally sitting on the surface of a planet. What more do you need to understand?

We spawned on this planet at some point.

Why? Because it freaking could.

Seriously what more is there to this?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

What is more dangerous to the human race?
Believing in some contestable ideology because it makes us feel safe?
Or believing in empirical testable factual data that makes us feel vulnerable.

A lot of people I'm certain for most of humanity's existence have opted for the 1st of that 2 choices.
As time has progressed and a sea of new information has come to light, i do believe that people are more willing to take a hard look at what life is REALLY all about.
There may be more people on the planet now than ever that have faced up to the fact that life on earth may not be a bed of roses with an obtainable jackpot of eternal life at the end.
Depressing maybe, but at least we are dealing with it and starting to entertain new ideas.
Wherever it leads is anyone guess.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I don't really understand what you're doing here... you have made your point dozens of times and almost no-one here agrees with you. Must be so tiresome with such a negative, bitter and cynical worldview. But still you act like a knowitall.
edit on 4/2/2013 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yes, that sure is mymaker.

I think they just want to die.

[PIC]FACE OF GOD[PIC]

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
explain what you mean by why we are here? the collective human species of earth? or life? Or everything? Well i believe the universe always existed. And its easy to confuse the universe with the galaxy. Galaxies collide and create new ones. Stars explode and scatter their nutrient rich guts everywhere. Creating more. Everything has been and may not always will be as is but will always be there in some form.

Why are humans on earth? Because some crazy species decides to come to earth screw with a few monkies and make a society. Experiment and such. You ever owned an ant farm boy?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i believe in that we are co-creating reality together.
as in the substance of the Universe is conciousness,
and that reality is holographic, that we are helping create reality by believing in it.
as they say counciousness is the root of all matter.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
lol......if you knew 100% that you ARE here there is no question of 'how' or even 'why'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join