It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Person, Religion or Masonic Knowledge Can Answer 'How' or 'Why' We Are Here

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
It's not the answer most humans want to hear, but I've come to the conclusion there is just no way any of us can know how or why we are here. At least not whilst living in this physical world.

Religions are essentially different attempts in answering 'why' we are here. Freemasonry teaches that religions are the same just with different twists and names, but it still leaves the actual question of why we are here unanswered. Even when studying the similarities of religions and how they evolve and blend into each other, the overall answer as to 'why' we are here remains a mystery, one masons basically give up trying to answer.

Are we even supposed to know why we are here? The one thing freemasonry and religions all agree on is this idea of balance and that there is good and evil, light and dark, happiness and sadness, this is the link between religions and is also a very strong part of freemasonry.

Even mainstream science acknowledges that this physical world is built on energy and vibrational frequencies and emotions such as happiness will vibrate at a higher frequency. Negative emotions are associated with lower vibrations.

It seems those in control or guiding mankind in this world are set on keeping us in a low vibrational state, be it war, debt or the threat of terrorists as the MSM constantly reminds us, we have a system intent on keeping us in a stressful and fearful state. Gnostics believe that Satan created 'matter', ie the material world, hence this world is literally a prison created to keep our spirit in bondage and away from God. That could in some ways explain why society is molded by TPTB to favour materialism and greed and stuff to keep us grounded and in a low vibrational state. But of course, Gnosticism and making opinions from it is just more speculation.

Freemasonry, religions and philosphy can only really agree on one thing:- that good and evil exist, be it in many forms. Our very 'consciousness' dictates we can differentiate between what is right and wrong. We can make conscious decisions to be good to people, or bad to people.

I can't provide the answers, but this spiritual struggle is the one thing that occurs across the ideas of freemasonry and religions and for whatever reason we have free will on this earth and in this physical existence. I don't think that is coincidence.

Perhaps we are here not to know the ins and outs of 'why' or 'even' how we are here, it just is the case that God or the Creator or whatever it is has seen that we are here, here right now and with the ability of free will. Animals are guided by instincts, they do not make conscious decisions like we do. Be aware there is a huge effort from a largely unseen force that is intent on starting more wars and conflicts, keeping the economies weak, keeping us fearful and controlled, dumbing us down, poisoning us both physically and mentally, one only has to look at modern music to see this effect- it sells sex, violence and materialism, THERE IS a spiritual war going on, I don't know why but it is real.

Something or indeed someone (perhaps Satan himself or a certain energy that manifests as evil in this physical world) is intent on degrading humanity, keeping it low, weak and controlled, there is evidence of this all around us, just look at the money and power the 1% have in comparison to the millions upon millions who needlessly starve to death each year around the world, the spiritual war as far as I'm concerned is very real, but answering why and even how it is occuring or even possible, well, no one can answer that in my opinion.

Hence we reach full circle, no religion, hidden ancient knowledge or amount of philosophy can fully determine our existence, it just is what it is. Despite this, a spiritual war is being waged and perhaps this is our purpose or even 'test'.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

good article, i agree mostly with you, that nobody else can give us any answers.....
BUT, we ourselves have an amazing hidden abilities in our own mind,
"gut feelins" for example are great guidlines to follow. we are the answers.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Even if this place is both good and evil or the better term ego symbiotic behaviour or ego parasitical behaviour it does not have to have the levels it has here.

If you haven't figured it out yet there are humans born here that whatever crap they go thru still will not do egoistic or violent behaviour how angry or feed up you make them. And then we have the ones that are so easy to corrupt it is laughable.

You might not have your theory but I am of the theory that this planet is where they put the souls that have not made it. The disconnected nuthouse where the sick are being stored until they are healthy again, since you cannot have these souls on other places where they will destroy the harmony just by being what they are.

Whatever is on the other side of the veil and I do not know since I have only poked a little hole to get a little information on how that place feels, they/it gets upset when you hate someone even if you have a very good reason and get happy and loving when you send happy thoughts.

I might not be 100% sure of the answers or like the answers I get when I follow synchronicity, but they are very convincing and they fit very well together.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I've come to the conclusion humans are here simple to kill each other, its the only thing they do and have continued to do for thousands of years.

Kind of sad really, that humans are the only known species to actively and knowingly kill their own kind for any number of stupid reason.

The truth is people won't last, they are too violent - I'd give humans a few hundred years

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You guys are way too hung up on masonry, satan, and nwo.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Humans are the only species that can wonder why. The mind of a human is a problem solving machine that is constantly asking questions so it can find answers. It keeps you distracted and it keeps you separate. I hear people all day long asking questions that cannot be answered truthfully. The mind throws up questions about what will happen next week and then gives an answer and believes the answer but next week is not here so it cannot be the right answer. The mind wants a reason for being here and no doubt will come up with some reasons but they will only be ideas.

What would life be like if we stopped saying why?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It is of this perspective that you, the individual can know how or why humans are here. The problem is that the answers you will find are so far beyond the realm of physical reality that it becomes impossible to provide concrete, physical proof or evidence to these answers.

The only way these things can be proven is through your own self, by accessing your own consciousness, which given the current scientific dogma, is not considered proof, however it is the sense of KNOWING that will allow you to prove it to yourself. There is no need for external verification. I know there are others here that know what I speak of.

In a dense, solid reality, consciousness is your tool, your gateway to higher information. It is your internet, if you will. Simply search for your question on your spiritual search engine and look for the links on the inter webs of consciousness that are relevant to your inquiry.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Hey Wonderer2012,

Very well-written OP. (S and F.)
I share your feelings on this subject.

In particular, I liked this bit that you wrote:

Gnostics believe that Satan created 'matter', ie the material world, hence this world is literally a prison created to keep our spirit in bondage and away from God.

I have also explored this a little bit in my thread:
Why our World is a Prison Planet

Like many others, I think this world is either a test, or a school for learning. But I don't know which one it is.

I also don't know what we did to deserve to be here.
Also: Did we exist before we came here?

It frustrates me deeply that we don't have the answers to these questions.

This is one of the reasons why I like gathering information on NDEs ("near death experiences"), in the hope that a little bit of the truth could be obtained from people who have experienced NDEs.

Regards
QMask

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sorry but your wrong op.

I remember pre-existing, prior to being born in a body. This remembrance came from years of inner work, meditation, spiritual grace, etc.

You should read up on near death experiences to get a better pic of what's going on

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I would have to agree Wanderer. It is likely because there is no 'why.'

We are not modest enough to admit that when we speculate on why's and how's, we are merely giving names to things, providing interpretations and not really answering anything.

There is no 'cause' and 'effect,' as the universe is itself both the only cause and only effect. Math doesn't pertain to the universe (there's no such thing as perfect circles, triangles, squares etc.), it only pertains to math. Science is, at best, an observation and not an answer.

With such limited tools of understanding, the questions 'why' and 'how' are unfathomable. We will never know why because intention and purpose are human qualities. Hell, why is probably the wrong question to begin with.

When we attempt to describe the why's and how's of the universe, we are at best describing our minds and our human processes.
edit on 1-2-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

we are merely giving names to things, providing interpretations and not really answering anything.

with this statement alone, you've destroyed the rest of your post

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Sorry but your wrong op.

This is the extent of your posts—sweeping assertions with little to no argument. Sometimes it's nice to tell people they are wrong, but if you wish to convince them, it helps to add an argument or two.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

Sorry but your wrong op.

This is the extent of your posts—sweeping assertions with little to no argument. Sometimes it's nice to tell people they are wrong, but if you wish to convince them, it helps to add an argument or two.

DOes it even matter what I say, since you said:

we are merely giving names to things, providing interpretations and not really answering anything.

Then no matter what I say, claim, state, argue .....it's all going to be "names to things, and interpretations," and therefore we reach a dead end with no answers and back to square one. This is the point of the OP, is that everything is pointless and there are no answers and never will be.

On the other hand, I'm saying there is a purpose. We can start with existence and our experience of it. The basic fundamentals. Do you dent existence and your experience of it? Do you exist? Do you experience?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
No framework can directly answer how or why, just as no menu can be a meal. The word water can't quench your thirst. No map is the territory.

But a framework can give you tools and techniques that help to transcend such limitations directly, so that you can experience the absolute directly, yourself. That's the best we can do.

Some people hide behind the menu... behind linear black-and-white thinking and a desire for 'definitions' and 'dogma' and straightforward logic and so forth. Well, that's ok. Not everyone is cut out to be a mystic.

edit on 1-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

Sorry but your wrong op.

DOes it even matter what I say, since you said:

Then no matter what I say, claim, state, argue .....it's all going to be "names to things, and interpretations," and therefore we reach a dead end with no answers and back to square one. This is the point of the OP, is that everything is pointless and there are no answers and never will be.

On the other hand, I'm saying there is a purpose. We can start with existence and our experience of it. The basic fundamentals. Do you dent existence and your experience of it? Do you exist? Do you experience?

I think your interpretation matters to you, but it doesn't matter to me, much like my interpretation doesn't matter to you. What you make of things has no bearing on what I make of things. We experience something and we conceive of what we just experienced from our own perspective, through our own eyes, and built upon our own wealth of what we consider knowledge. Our context is different and thus our fables are different.

But would you disagree that what you make of the universe, how you understand it and attempt to express it, isn't your own interpretation of it? Would you argue that what you think is fundamental is fundamental to everyone?

To me, it's wrong to suggest that something without purpose or pointless is also without value. I would hold that it's the exact opposite, and that that which is without rhyme or reason is much more valuable than something endowed with what a human thinks is meaning—something contrived, a work of fiction. Because something suits our fancy doesn't mean it has purpose or meaning, it only shows that it is useful to us, or is important to our existence, like dung is to the dung beetle. We of course wouldn't value dung as the beetle does, just as it wouldn't value gold as we do.

I agree that existence is important and valuable to us, but there is nothing that shows existence is a purpose or has a point, or that it is our purpose to exist.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

I think your interpretation matters to you, but it doesn't matter to me, much like my interpretation doesn't matter to you.

your interpretation does matter to me. everything matters to me. I have, since a little kid, wanted to figure out what the F**! is going on here, and how to figure this all out, so I'm always all ears open. There is such thing as truth and if it exists, certainly someone has discovered of it.

What you make of things has no bearing on what I make of things.

Sure it does, we're all in the same boat.

We experience something and we conceive of what we just experienced from our own perspective, through our own eyes, and built upon our own wealth of what we consider knowledge. Our context is different and thus our fables are different.

But the similarity in each of this instance is that there is an experience, an experiencer, a perspective, eyes, knowledge, etc

But would you disagree that what you make of the universe, how you understand it and attempt to express it, isn't your own interpretation of it?

Yes it is my own expression and interpretation. But One can experience everything without interpreting it. This is where we are all the same. Experiencing existence happens prior to what we make of it. There is a micro/milisecond delay in the mind's interpretation

Would you argue that what you think is fundamental is fundamental to everyone?

Yes, just like what I said above (the whole experiencing happening prior to interpretation), as a starting point, is fundamental to everyone.

To me, it's wrong to suggest that something without purpose or pointless is also without value. I would hold that it's the exact opposite, and that that which is without rhyme or reason is much more valuable than something endowed with what a human thinks is meaning—something contrived, a work of fiction. Because something suits our fancy doesn't mean it has purpose or meaning, it only shows that it is useful to us, or is important to our existence, like dung is to the dung beetle. We of course wouldn't value dung as the beetle does, just as it wouldn't value gold as we do.

Sure. I agree with the above.

At the same time, there are Universalities that exist.

I agree that existence is important and valuable to us, but there is nothing that shows existence is a purpose or has a point, or that it is our purpose to exist.

Well let's look at existence and see what's going on. Certainly you would agree that existence evolves. Obviously it's evolving for reasons and will continue to evolve. Problems occur, and solutions arise in our existence. It's not perfect here, but as a collective we're trying to work out the kinks.

We're definitely heading somewhere. Scientists are already talking about an age coming soon with no disease, super long lives, advanced intellect, most problems solved (pollution, over population, green, wars, etc) merging with machines, etc

There is definitely some Universal point/purpose to all this. If there wasn't then none of this would be here. I know I usually don't do things if there is no point or purpose to it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
When you make a statement such as your title. You trap yourself and potentially others in a box. Once this is done your title becomes true. because no one believes it's possible to answer.

The truth is the most complicated questions have the most simplest answers. All it takes is observing and analyzing all aspects of being. And then applying what you've learned to everything that applies.

Simple really.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

No Person, Religion or Masonic Knowledge Can Answer 'How' or 'Why' We Are Here
If not Here then Where?..Nowhere?...To feel Nothing?

and Why?

Because your unicity...in front of Life

Oh and you do not want to see the darkness I mean the...Nowhere.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Serve as consciousness proxy servers to provide the awareness of finite and nothingness to the omniscience. All are tools, all are used, regardless what you believe or not. It is a gift to become aware of this communion and flow within it instead as a leaf in the wind fighting against every gust.

All this, is to provide nothing to the Everything.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
In lotus sutra, Buddha said The Truth has not been revealed.

I also have no idea what that means.

Maybe our current existence here is to work together to find The Truth left somewhere hidden in the world.

IF the world that we live in is a Simulation inside a Machine (god is also inside the machine), maybe this is sort of hacking done by god in the 'disguise of universe simulation' to find why it was trapped in a machine.

So we are like distributed processes that hack through the machine or networks, and these processes are encrypted in the simulation of universe.

And the sleepers (those who still sleep because of the ego) are like zombie processes. Messiahs like Bodhisatvas, etc, maybe, is like patches to help waking up the sleepers.

edit on 1-2-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join