learn more

Spain corruption scandal turns up heat on PM Rajoy

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Spain corruption scandal turns up heat on PM Rajoy

www.reuters.com

Hundreds of Spaniards gathered outside party headquarters in central Madrid on Thursday evening in peaceful protests, chanting 'Thieves!' and bearing placards reading 'Resign Now!'.

Cospedal was one of many top party officials, along with former Economy Minister and IMF chief Rodrigo Rato, named by El Pais as receiving secret payments. Rato did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.economist.com
edition.cnn.com
www.latimes.com
www.euronews.com

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is not really news to anyone here in Spain. Every day we see more surfacing of past corruption and new cases of it. EVERY political party has been implicated in what are estimated to be a combined total reaching the billions of Euros across the whole country of stolen public money.

I can not express in words the sentiment Spaniards have right now. It is like being in a dream. EVERYONE has stolen and partakes of corruption here. It goes down to every city and town administration almost.

Even here in my small northern city, there isnt a single building contract that was awarded if a small envelope was not presented along with the project. We all know it. There is NO denying it. NO WAY. We all have stories of seeing it done, talking with people who did it about doing it, and people in power talking about it candidly.

Bribes, extortion, black mail, you name it, Spanish politics did it. Even the royal family is involved....EVERYONE, and its well documented too. Every day there are new scandals emerging that we dont know the horns from the tail on it.

I will put it this way,
Spanish politicians are the same as a Mexican Highway patrol man ...you just assume the corruption and pull your money out of your wallet instead of your ID.....It is like the sky being up and water being wet. It is just a given.

Thoroughly corrupt through and through.

I am ashamed of all this. I would not mention I am a Spaniard abroad. This is a disgrace to Spain. We look like crooks and thieves to the world. All because of greed.

The worst part is that NOTHING will come of it. It is also a well known fact that NO ONE has to give anything back, and few even see prison. When they do they do a year or two in very comfortable conditions. Then they are out and still have the MILLIONS they stole.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

This once great country is a cesspool of progressive liars and crooks. It is all BS and they are just common thieves with the illusion of defending the common man. People are literally going hungry and going through VERY hard times....our leaders here cut EVERY drop from the public faucet that should be open full force in these times, while getting drunk like it was a freaking orgy....

We are SOO F-ing poor now....we were the 8th world power....now? We are Europe´s ass again....

THANKS EU!
edit on 1-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I have read that EU was created by the Illuminati so that more number of countries have less and less power.

So is Spain suffering the consequences now?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
spains always been a corrupt country the only thing thats really ruined it is europe lending spain money half of it went missing while the other half went on expo's now its all gone and no one who can afford to wants to pay it back and those that cant afford to are being forced too at the cost of the economy.

yes spain is swirling the drain allright.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
also worth looking at is the world map of corruption based on public sentiment.

cpi.transparency.org...

The whole of Africa and the former soviet union is LESS corrupt than all of Europe...!?!?

the closer to 100 the less corrupt you are.....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
also worth looking at is the world map of corruption based on public sentiment.

cpi.transparency.org...

The whole of Africa and the former soviet union is LESS corrupt than all of Europe...!?!?

the closer to 100 the less corrupt you are.....

Okay, please complete your editing by saying that most of the world is MORE corrupt than Europe, thank you.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Asia and Africa arent........soooo

MOST?

I will admit my own country (USA) scored just as bad....but this is not the norm. It is out of control because lavish life styles are not adjusting the way their support (common people) has had to.

Either you have colonies to keep the gravy train flowing with tribute, or you steal from your own people....some one must pay for the party.....the party just never ended for some.....

EDIT:
The world is LESS corrupt according to my source.....

top topics

join