It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Beckham Gives PSG Salary To Charity

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This is a nice story amongst the usual stories of players being paid too much these days...

David Beckham will not receive a salary after signing a contract with Paris St Germain, but will instead see his wages paid to a children's charity.

As the former England captain was unveiled by the French Ligue 1 club at a news conference, he described the five-month deal as "unique". "I won't receive any salary - we have decided my salary will go towards a local children's charity in Paris and that is one of the things we are very excited and proud to do," he said.

It was not immediately clear how much the as yet unidentified charity would receive, but Beckham said it would be a "huge sum".

David Beckham Gives PSG Salary To Charity

Yes there will still be the haters out there when it comes to David Beckham, but this time i think the guy did good.

Ok he doesn't exactly need five months salary to keep the bills paid, so it will be no big loss to him, but it's still a nice gesture. This will be at least a six figure sum going to a kids charity.

Just imagine if every Premiership footballer donated just a weeks salary to a chosen charity.....now that would be something.

Although not on the same scale, we did the same in the army back in the late 80's. Our unit donated a months wages to a charity helping to build schools and fresh water to parts of Africa. We got fed and watered and our bills paid anyway, so what we got in our payslips was spending money.....so it didn't affect us as much as it impacted those we gave it to.

Nice one Becks....hopefully it may catch on here in the UK.

CX.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I've always liked Beckham, always seen him as a good role model. I know he probably doesn't need the wage, but its a great gesture. He also does a lot for young football charities around the world. He's managed to bring up 3 kids with no divorce. I'm pretty sure he's ad extra marital affairs, but, he's a good looking guy and must have women throwing themselves at him, so I forgive him if he has strayed.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Footballers are actually good people.
A few days ago Ronaldo donated golden boot to palestinian children.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Not all bad. Even Ballotelli gave a percentage of his wage to an African Charity. They ain't all bad people at all. I personally do not like Beckham but this is a very moral thing to do, will be atleast £100k a week. so good on him. Great role model to any young footballers.

CX

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The news was saying this morning that he will still get an income whilst he's there though, like with other clubs he's played for, he had the good business sense to opt for a percentage of merchandise associated with him.

As a brand name himself, he'd probably make a fortune just off the shirts.

CX.

new topics

top topics

join