It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Killings: Why American Men Are "Going Postal"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
What percentage of the shooters have been on SSRIs? Why is it that no one brings up the fact that half of the ads for medication on TV are prone to cause suicide?

Its not the whole argument or cause, but its a factor.

I think that would fall under "Distain for mental health issues".

But what does that mean exactly? I'm not talking about people with health issues, I'm talking about the medication causing them or driving them to these horrible acts.. No one brings up the fact that all of them were on SSRIs, maybe "may cause mass murder sprees/suicides" should be in the commercials as well.

Plainly, I talking about the distain (disdain |disˈdān|
noun
the feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt : her upper lip curled in disdain | an aristocratic disdain for manual labor.
verb [ trans. ]
consider to be unworthy of one's consideration : gamblers disdain four-horse races. See note at despise .
• refuse or reject (something) out of feelings of pride or superiority : she remained standing, pointedly disdaining his invitation to sit down | [with infinitive ] he disdained to discuss the matter further.) with which mental health is treated in this country. It is either ignored or medicated. Neither works well - real therapy (talk therapy and cognitive training and practise) have much healtier outcomes but cost more (employ more people) and don't profit big Pharma and so it's held in disdain.

I'm not saying that SSRIs do not contribute but I include them in Disdain (pardon my poor spelling) for Mental Health.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You must be intentionally trying to evade the topic, MASS KILLINGS!

You dont walk into a theater or a school with a shotgun and kill 20 people!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LennayTheUndead

Please explain what is lunatic and fringe like in my claims! Remember the topic is mass killings! And while you are at it explain how a ordinary shotgun can be more effective mass killing weapon than a assault rifle.

Some people have their head in their arses!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy

Please explain what is lunatic and fringe like in my claims! Remember the topic is mass killings! And while you are at it explain how a ordinary shotgun can be more effective mass killing weapon than a assault rifle.

Some people have their head in their arses!

Well, for starters, shotguns kill more people per year than "assault" rifles. And secondly, no "assault" rifle was used at Sandy Hook...because "assault" rifles have been banned for years. If we were talking about M-16's sure...ASSAULT rifles probably would be more effective when attempting to commit mass murder. Someone certainly has their head up their "arse"....and it isn't me. You know what kills even more people than "assault" rifles? Hammers.
edit on 2-2-2013 by LennayTheUndead because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2013 by LennayTheUndead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rock427

Originally posted by Bilk22
I wonder how many people in Japan get to stay home and collect a check from their government, paid for by everyone else? Was that in the article? I didn't bother to read it as the premise, right off the bat, screams agenda.

The author uses Japan as the main example for a reason. It really is intellectual dishonesty. There is no culture quite like Japans in this world. The crime rate is amongst the worlds lowest, and that is primarily due to the Japanese culture of respect. Respect for their fellow man. Why not compare the UK to the US? Because the UK has a much higher violent crime rate when compared to the US. And despite gun ownership being illegal in the UK, gun crime is up there 89% over the past decade (1999-2009). So why not compare the UK with the US? Because the author couldn't arrive at his skewed argument which sought to blame Reagan and white males.
edit on 2-2-2013 by rock427 because: (no reason given)
I couldn't agree more!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Early military use of cell phone towers/technology resulted in childhood bevavior disorders.

What happened when that Cell Phone technology / Cellphone towers were put up all over America for the public?

To hide the problem they ordered kids in school can't be paddled anymore. So if the problem became really aparrent they could blame they aren't paddled anymore for going crazy.

Then they started drugging all the kids up to hide the problem. That generation of kids is now coming off of mommy and daddy and can't afford the medication for their childhood bevavior disorder....they developed from RF Radiation from the cell phone towers.

2013 will be an interesting YEAR....those kids can't get their meds for free until 2014 when ObamaCare kicks in to hide the problem.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

truth-out.org

The blind rage of mass killings is a wake-up call. We have to look at the interaction of all the conditions of existence that combine to generate America's mass killings. At present, the US is home to a vast group of predominantly white, dispossessed, enraged men. We have a political system that permits vast money at the top to hijack our politics and culture with unlimited "gifts." Our airwaves are sold to the highest bidder. We have powerful lobbies that sell US militarism and gun ownership as refuges for dispossessed men. We have profit churning mass media with films, videos, and adverti
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk
www.nationalreview.com
www.rolereboot.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Classic Facial Warning Signs in Today's Mass Murderers
Why are white men the predominant culprits to mass murder/suicide?
edit on Fri Feb 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added links to related threads

This is a joke right?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy

Like I said before you are boring and now i will explain why. You consistently avoid the topic and turn to personal attacks on me. You know what I am talking about when I say assault rifle, english is not my first language and if you havent noticed that and understood what I have been talking about, you head must be stuck inside your anus!

I'm not avoiding anything. You are the one becoming defensive when a valid and solid argument is put up against your drivel. It isn't a personal attack on you per se, as you are not the only person to make references to things you know very little about, in haste. And sorry man, this is the internet, I can't tell your "second language" from someone who speaks piss poor English...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

You're full of poopie. Americans donate more in foreign aid than than any other country in this world. As bad as our govrnment is, without it, this world would be a much worse place. No matter where you live, without us it would be a hell hole. What thanks do we get?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

truth-out.org

The blind rage of mass killings is a wake-up call. We have to look at the interaction of all the conditions of existence that combine to generate America's mass killings. At present, the US is home to a vast group of predominantly white, dispossessed, enraged men. We have a political system that permits vast money at the top to hijack our politics and culture with unlimited "gifts." Our airwaves are sold to the highest bidder. We have powerful lobbies that sell US militarism and gun ownership as refuges for dispossessed men. We have profit churning mass media with films, videos, and adverti
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk
www.nationalreview.com
www.rolereboot.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Classic Facial Warning Signs in Today's Mass Murderers
Why are white men the predominant culprits to mass murder/suicide?
edit on Fri Feb 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added links to related threads

This story sounds good but doesn't fit the reality of what's going on. The ones doing most of the mass shootings. are teenagers, and college age. If this story had validity it would be older men.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Well.. he's way off.

The reasons are as follows:

Mental illness combined with use of SSRI's
No social interaction due to online networking and cell phones.
Immersion in virtual games for excessive amounts of time (and under the influence of SSRI drugs)
Poor parenting/schooling from an early age up.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

These types of post's are so transparent, race baiting has become the past time now-a-days by the progressive left and there shills"..................I should have taken my own advice and ignored this tripe ...........but to stay on topic, if you were really interested why people loose it, try alcoholism and or the altered state from alcohol.........but this has no race baiting qualities so I doubt you would be interested.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
More people are killed per year by deer attacks than mass shootings. Is it really an eye opener or the media pushing an agenda?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
These remain extremely rare, aberrant occurrences which have not increased in frequency.

The vast majority of Americans have never been directly effected by these incidents. And never will be.

They are sad and tragic. But their use by the MSM is to distract us from the real and significant problems we face. Things that actually effect the majority of Americans every day.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Thats gotta be the key to peoples mental health declining. Life is a meaningless existence without love.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Ding Ding Ding!!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Always gotta make it a race thing.

Lets' forget all of the other mass shooters that weren't white - this is a white problem, right?

Something tells me skin color has nothing to do w/ this problem. But hey what do I know? I didn't vote for our President.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shivaX
Hmm the citizens are angry because of the tyrannical rule of Barack 'Hussein' Obama.

They are also enraged because 3000 US citizens were sent to Allah by Islamic terrorists in 9/11.

Ummm....shutup with the islamist terrorists and 9/11 crap already...this is like the 5th thread that you've stated that in..........None of us believe that anyway....but your first point pretty much summed it up quite nicely with the exception that these shootings are done by persons with a mental illness....that was no doubt brought on by SSRI medication.

YouSir

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Well.. he's way off.

The reasons are as follows:

Mental illness combined with use of SSRI's
No social interaction due to online networking and cell phones.
Immersion in virtual games for excessive amounts of time (and under the influence of SSRI drugs)
Poor parenting/schooling from an early age up.
Ummm.....Hey Vic...why cant these other's see that one glaring connection..........SSRI's?

YouSir

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join