It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Killings: Why American Men Are "Going Postal"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Mass Killings: Why American Men Are "Going Postal"

truth-out.org

The blind rage of mass killings is a wake-up call. We have to look at the interaction of all the conditions of existence that combine to generate America's mass killings. At present, the US is home to a vast group of predominantly white, dispossessed, enraged men. We have a political system that permits vast money at the top to hijack our politics and culture with unlimited "gifts." Our airwaves are sold to the highest bidder. We have powerful lobbies that sell US militarism and gun ownership as refuges for dispossessed men. We have profit churning mass media with films, videos, and adverti
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk
www.nationalreview.com
www.rolereboot.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Classic Facial Warning Signs in Today's Mass Murderers
Why are white men the predominant culprits to mass murder/suicide?
edit on Fri Feb 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added links to related threads

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I hope that you will take the time to read this article. It has some valid points on why this phenomenon is taking place in the US.

The author cites four fundamental causes:

1) Decline of good wage earner jobs (Union Jobs)
2) Militarism (Military Industrial Complex)
3) No real social safety net
4) Distain towards Metal Health.

I offer additional links for depth:

truth-out.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hmm the citizens are angry because of the tyrannical rule of Barack 'Hussein' Obama.

They are also enraged because 3000 US citizens were sent to Allah by Islamic terrorists in 9/11.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
How the Hell does the Reagen era or job losses, "going postal era", explain why "white males" are taking it out on innocent civilians?

These guys may be "snapping", but no explanation, other than psychotropic meds, mind control, or false flag ops, can explain and/or justify why these events have been happening recently. All of which will never even be mentioned in the MSM.

I personally have had "all I can stands, and I can'ts stands no more!", as Popeye would say, and there's nothing in this world that would ever drive me to gunning down any civilians for any reason... other than a Walking Dead zombie Apocalypse.

I'm just sick of reading this stuff and needed to vent. I apologize for anything offensive to anyone. I just feel this is a race war fueling type of article.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

How about quit taking the misguided social worker paradigm that blames everyone
else and negates personality responsibility of the individual for their own actions.

Next thing you know the fault of misbehavior will be laid at the
doorstep of your mother for
sitting you on the potty crooked.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There certainly has to be a point where large numbers of people in a repressed society simultaneously act out.

Mass murder is the final act.

So is domestic violence, rape, and suicide.

Identifying the cause is the first step.

Why is it predominatly white males?

+37 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
And again another of these articles fails to make any connection between the overall turning to crap of America and the divorce rate and single parent family rates. Since the 60s divorces and single parent families have tripled. 80% of those single parent families are mom only. How in the blue hell can anyone in their right mind expect solid, strong young men to be raised when their primary influence from "dad" is whether he sent the monthly support check or not?

Fix the American family and you fix America, bottom line.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This is what happens when cultureless, meritless entities like the US finally come to an end. The world waits with baited breath to see how much longer they will be held hostage by the US foreign policies and environmental abuse.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

This is what happens when cultureless, meritless entities like the US finally come to an end. The world waits with baited breath to see how much longer they will be held hostage by the US foreign policies and environmental abuse.

Islamic Terrorists are not hostages.
edit on 1-2-2013 by shivaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think it is just because America is not a friendly place. It's an all for yourself country.

You have a ton of people with this sort of mindset...

Literally about half the country thinks like this. And the other half is only slightly better..slightly.

edit on 1-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Not really. The family is only one part of it, poverty and access to decent paying jobs is another.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
i refuse to believe that

1) Decline of good wage earner jobs (Union Jobs) 2) Militarism (Military Industrial Complex) 3) No real social safety net 4) Distain towards Metal Health.

why the hell are the killers murdering innocent people when they could just take it out on the people responsible for the things stated in the quote.

politicians, banks, CEOs, zionists. theres a few to start.

i dont believe for a second that someone angry with the government or sick of his jobs going overseas would walk into a school of kids and open fire.

theres more to it then that and im willing to bet black budget military has something to do with it

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

How about quit taking the misguided social worker paradigm that blames everyone
else and negates personality responsibility of the individual for their own actions.

Next thing you know the fault of misbehavior will be laid at the
doorstep of your mother for
sitting you on the potty crooked.

Totally agree and it's time to stop the debate and make some changes!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

This is complete and total BS.
Personal responsibility.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Part of the solution: ayahuasca workshops in every major city.

edit on 1-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If you look at all of these incidents there is a common thread. Firstly, the ubiquitous nature of firearms is nothing new. Guns have been around for generations and arguably were ecven more accessible in years past when laws and regulations were all but non-existent. In ALL of these recent incidents there have been two commonalities: a known, pre-existing mental health problem, and social isolation/social disenfranchisement.

What makes today's culture different? There is a great deal more cultural stress. Longterm economic uncertainty, eroding hope and opportunity for the younger generation, less stable families, the replacing of one-to-one interaction with online. The vast majority of these perpetrators were the victims of bullying which, because of the explosion of social media, becomes constant, pervasive and unrelenting compared to bullying 'back in the day'. Look at the explosion of suicide in the 15-24 cohort. Some kids become suicidal, some homicidal.

The fact is, this is a complex problem and people want to believe it's a simple one. Ban guns it will all go away. Yea, right.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Men ? Last three were all mentally unstable kids.... bad title for article. Should be, "Why are we prescribing medications that have extreme effects on the brain to our kids?", or "What happened to individual responsibility in this world?"

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Not really. The family is only one part of it, poverty and access to decent paying jobs is another.

love this. i would only like to add is that fixing poverty and access to better paying jobs would fix the american family. bottom line.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The reason is that many myths and delusions are losing ground to stand on. Instead of searching for the truth, many have instead searched for the comfort of fantasy. There are many people who would rather die than live in reality. This is only the start of something that will scar us all.

Here at ATS we will be witness to this self-destruction. Watch as the hearts of your brothers fail.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
And again another of these articles fails to make any connection between the overall turning to crap of America and the divorce rate and single parent family rates. Since the 60s divorces and single parent families have tripled. 80% of those single parent families are mom only. How in the blue hell can anyone in their right mind expect solid, strong young men to be raised when their primary influence from "dad" is whether he sent the monthly support check or not?

I think that there are many factors that have contributed to this. It is a pressure cooker that has been gaining energy for a few generations now, with many different factors contributing, and working in symbiosis with each other. I agree that the divorce rate and single parent households, and the lack of a strong patriarchal figure may contribute. However, overall the grinding poverty that many of the children of those single parent households endure is a greater contributor; which actually supports the article.

When you have young men, with few prospects for upward mobility, few socially acceptable outlets for anger and frustration (as the culture continues to try to make men less... well, men), and a loss of social dominance that many men (even young ones) can look back and see, you have a recipe for disaster. Just about the only politically correct figure to make fun of any more is the poor white male, and with increasing frequency just white males in general.

Most cultures have some sort of outlet for testosterone influenced violence, which exists, as much as we try to deny it in our current paradigm. Some way to channel "boys will be boys" in a way that will do less damage, not do damage, or may even be helpful. The only thing we have for that is the military these days, and once the military is done with these guys... Most of them are chewed up, spit out, and discarded like trash, physically, and emotionally... to their bone and soul. One more thing to be angry about.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join