It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Guns Kill People, Then Why Does Obama Take Credit For Killing Bin Laden?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Originally posted by WaterBottle
People use guns to kill people and animals efficiently. That's what they were made for. Guns are killing machines.

edit on 1-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Did you even make it past the title before you decided to post?

Very good point OP. I had a definite "Why didnt I think of that" reaction.

What is the point again? Your avatar is beyond absurd.

CJ

Ha ha ha.....I know..Isnt it great!? I change my avatar all the time but I think I'll keep this one around for a while..seems fitting.

On to my point. I'm simply stating..and I believe that this is the thrust of the OP's point...that liberals like to enact prohibition on the tool and not the individual weiding the tool.

Apply that logic to Obama getting credit for killing Osama and it is very much misplaced. It should be going to myterious and as of yet un-named fire arm that performed the "double-tap"

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Let's check wikipedia.... en.wikipedia.org...

A gun is a weapon designed to discharge a projectile.

What's a weapon you ask? en.wikipedia.org...

A weapon, arm, or armament is a tool, device, equipment or instrument used in order to inflict damage or harm to enemies or other living beings, structures, or systems.

Oh wow? It's a machine....you're right about that...that's used in order to inflict damage or harm. Using it to "scare away animals" or for "plinking" doesn't change the fact that it's a tool designed to kill. Why do people use these "machines" as protection? Oh that's right, because they severely injure/kill whoever is impacted by the projectile that is fired. Otherwise, they'd just use a nailgun for protection like you mentioned....or bash two metal trash-can lids together to make lots of sound.

Let's get serious....Guns are -designed- to kill and/or severely injure when fired. It just shows how
you are if you can't even admit what the purpose of a gun is.

You're so incredibly brave! I couldn't imagine just watching an interloper kill my loved ones. I'm not terribly strong or quick, and I'm definitely not an assassin. Yet if someone broke into my home and began injuring a loved one, I'd simply have to watch if I didn't have a firearm.

My hat's off to you and your kind, on account of the strong stomachs and such.

<< 1   >>

join