It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF seizes a shipment of 30 'dangerous' weapons.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I had not heard of this until now, glad it was brought up again.

S&F to the OP

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
Blatant lies like this should be punishable.

I'll believe an air-soft gun can fire live ammo just as soon as they find someone stupid enough to test fire that plastic toy with it.

But if they insist these can be converted to fire live ammo enough times, people will start to believe it.

That is how propaganda is spread.

Just like opening car doors with tennis balls and eating pop rocks and coke...

Spread a myth long enough, and someone will believe it... Sadly.

It's ok though. We can trust these people to keep us safe. That's why they have that job right? They've proven themselves to be the best in their positions right?

Sigh...

Edit to add:

Re: txinfidel,

No matter how impressive they are, a plastic gun with a plastic barrel would not be able to contain the pressures created by live ammo.

Not to mention the feeding, extracting, trigger mechanisms, receiver... it just couldn't be done... You would literally be building an AR from scratch. Which you can do...

edit on 1-2-2013 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

Oh! Tell me about the car door/tennis ball one. Never heard of it.
I know the pop rock one. I'm that old LOL

Yes they are playing to a stupid crowd that watches House Wives and Jersey Shore. Some of those people have PHDs too.

I used to really love this country, but somewhere along the way it was hijacked. I think the Zio thing is spot on too, that was posted in an earlier thread. Think about it. The Germans took the Jews guns away then what happened next? Now the shoe is on the other foot and don't doubt who is behind all of this.

It was after dinner, after a few bottles of wine and a few after dinner drinks and a cigar, that I was chatting with my friend and he started in on politics. I hate talking politics with any friends and especially him. He is a person that has to be heard if you know what I mean. He interrupts anyone and everyone and is loud. He's also an Obama supporter and a chiropractor that's in a failing practice because of the real drug cartel - Big Pharm. Well anyway that's another issue. So we get to Sandyhook and the latest gun grab laws, which he supports. So drunk as I am, I didn't let him get away with it this time and we go at it. When I mention Zionism, the next words out of his mouth are "You're an anti-Semite."

What? I looked at him and called him stupid. Here we were after breaking bread and friends for a long time and he would say that? I told him he is the same as me in the eyes of the Zionists. He is unpure and he is not to be trusted just as I am not, by the Zionists. Heck I'm probably more Jewish that he is. The last time he was in a synagogue was for his daughter's bas mitzva and that was 12 years ago. Before that was, who knows? Anti-Semite? Are you friggin' kidding me? But that's what you get painted with if you dare say anything against a Jew. It's designed to be that way. People fear speaking up because they fear losing their livelihood, because they will destroy anyone who speaks out against a Jew. Me? I don't rely on their money or their approval, but I also didn't think I knew any Zionists. I thought I was friends with people who happened to be Jewish.

Well anyway, it's obvious who wants the guns out of our hands. They're the true criminals - those in Washington, the bankers and the media. The media is greasing the skids and who controls the media? The video posted earlier is exactly what is happening around the globe. All the world is upside down because of one small nation that can do what ever they want with impunity and all backed by our politicians in Washington because they have their greedy hands extended and are then beholden. Things are very broken and will not get better before they get much, much worse.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
"ATF seizes a shipment of 30 'dangerous' weapons" which included a hello kitty bubble maker and a piece of paper that looked like a gun?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Anyone that COULD convert one of these has the skill to build a real weapon from scratch.

Its not converting when you build a firearm to fit inside/look like something else.
militaryknowledge.blogspot.com...
www.oddities123.com...

in the 1970s i carried a flare pen that would have lit someone up and later made it into a .25 cal pen gun.
www.carolinashootersclub.com...

I bought it at the navy exchange on base and had it for many years

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Classic!
Fire that idiot now.
Thanks Wrabbit, I got a few belly laughs out of that.

Absurd
Theatrical
Farce

=ATF

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Do you gun advocates realize that you are just scaring the # out of the straights? They don't get your "games." You walk into a school or a store and point one of these paint ball guns (yeah right...they look like any paint ball gun I've ever seen or sold...not!) and some sheriff or cop is going to GUN YOU DOWN. People are scared to # of these types of weapons. And you're making it WORSE! Trying to intellectualize the minutiae of grips, empty ammo cases, paint gun styles, and all the other crap is useless. People do not want Military style weapons in the public hands anymore. And you are losing ground and losing your case, and helping arm the GOVERNMENT you fear with weapons MORE POWERFUL than yours! You'll lose the argument and the laws will become even more firm. It's the damned PSYCHOLOGY of your FETISH for Halo Style weaponry! Most of you have never seen a person ripped apart by a semi-automatic AR15. You'd # your baby pants! I GARONTEE! This was a game you guys played for many years. But as more and more of you go "Batman" and start thinking you are vigilantes protecting us against evil-doers, the more your fetishes become a psychosis. And with the troubles in the world, global warming, hurricanes, droughts, YOU are getting more scared and many of you are going psycho. You flash those damned weapons and people are looking at you like YOU are the next Hurricane Katrina or Sandy Hook Killer. You should have all just shut up and stopped acting so macho in public. Compare cocks and guns out in the woods like you used to. Now the govt. is onto the fact that most of you are complete nuts who care more about guns than kids, and that you think the govt. is your sacred enemy! They are already watching all your little play groups. And if you keep pushing this they WILL take your guns away, and there aren't enough of you to stop them. Idiots! You don't #ing fight the POWER with bragging words and brandishing weapons! This will go badly for you.

edit on 2-2-2013 by whisperindave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg59

"...which included a hello kitty bubble maker and a piece of paper that looked like a gun...

I have no doubt that hello kitty bubbles and a piece of paper could take down the ATF!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I read an article from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel about an ATF operation in Milwaukee where they opened up a fake store selling jeans, tennis shoes, drug paraphenilia, trying to buy guns and drugs from the criminals in town.

They got robbed (of their own guns), destroyed the store they rented, refused to pay for the damage, and got a few "arrests" wrong for the penny-ante "crimes" they supposed pulled in.

It's a good article, The ATF must have come from the wacko-stupid obongo train the rest of our gov't is filled with.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whisperindave

You flash those damned weapons and people are looking at you like YOU are the next Hurricane Katrina or Sandy Hook Killer. You should have all just shut up and stopped acting so macho in public. Compare cocks and guns out in the woods like you used to. Now the govt. is onto the fact that most of you are complete nuts who care more about guns than kids, and that you think the govt. is your sacred enemy! They are already watching all your little play groups. And if you keep pushing this they WILL take your guns away, and there aren't enough of you to stop them. Idiots! You don't #ing fight the POWER with bragging words and brandishing weapons! This will go badly for you.

As a general point to make here, air soft games have been a major thing for a good many years and is totally unrelated to current events except for the over-reaction to it, despite the long term nature of the sport. Part of being a free nation is tolerating each others sports.

I personally think the greatest total waste of space and water is a Golf course. However, others really enjoy whacking a ball repeatedly to go chase it down as the whole point of the game.
Good thing we can't set rules for each other to such a micro-level. .

Not everything I share is about the politics of guns vs. anti-guns and frankly, roughly half the nation in literal numbers has a firearm across a total of 270+ million in circulation as the most recent number I can support with citation. It's too many to debate what you're saying about taking anything but this isn't the thread for it.

I made this thread to show/share the excess of the ATF in this case as that specific agency is rather known for it. In this case, defying the sheer laugh test, let alone any supportive logic IMO.

At the end of the news report, they indicate the ATF was asked for the data on those "tests" that proved it could be done and they replied by telling them to submit a FOIA request. :shk: That's as close to 'We'll get to it...if we ever feel like it...' as it gets these days for an answer from an agency like that.

If the mere discussion of things which happen to involve guns (or the imitation of them in this case) bothers you so deeply, then there's no need to drop in and be hateful... just find one of the other myriad of threads started regularly. Your reply just strikes as downright mean spirited> The thread hadn't gone there and it'd been enjoyable reading.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by whisperindave

have YOU ever seen anyone "ripped apart" by a semi-automatic AR-15?

I've seen people shot with a burst from an M-4...same round...they didn't get ripped apart...

Nice try tho...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I didnt watch the video...but it is true that parts of these guns can be converted and used as real weapons...its how a lot of felons have been getting away with being able to possess a firearm...unless they changed the law....as for the quality of the weapon after converted i dont think they are very good.

I support guns.....but just giving my two cents off your statements...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer

I didnt watch the video...but it is true that parts of these guns can be converted and used as real weapons...its how a lot of felons have been getting away with being able to possess a firearm...unless they changed the law....as for the quality of the weapon after converted i dont think they are very good.

I support guns.....but just giving my two cents off your statements...

That is completely false...

felons get firearms from the black market.

Airsoft replicas CANNOT be modified to fire real steel ammo...IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

ATF Oh noes it's the. You can't drink, smoke, and shoot firearms police. Can be converted he say's, but you have to file a freedom of information act to find out more. ROFL.

So if I paint the end of a real AR-15 with orange paint will it be a Air-Soft?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean

ATF Oh noes it's the. You can't drink, smoke, and shoot firearms police. Can be converted he say's, but you have to file a freedom of information act to find out more. ROFL.

So if I paint the end of a real AR-15 with orange paint will it be a Air-Soft?

only if you do the "conversion" on the second thursday of an odd month, there is a full moon present, it is done between the hours of 0400 and 0600, you've consumed at LEAST 6 ounces of a liquor with an alcohol content of no more than 60% by volume, while wearing a yellow shirt, and you must also paint the words "pew-pew" on both sides of the lower receiver(on the mag well), and finally, when you are finished, you must click your heels together three (and ONLY three, this is vital) times, and pray to charlton heston....

THEN you will have converted an AR-15 from a real boy into a puppet.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Just thought I would share this video for those that think airsoft guns are just plastic toys. Airsoft is about realism and some companies (like Inokatsu in the video) have taken it to a new level. Of course the M4 in the video cannot be directly converted but the lower receiver is cnc'd from a solid block of steel which shows the quality of some of these guns. This video is a couple of years old by the way.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

You forgot what color to paint " pew-pew" in. you tryin to blow off someone's hand? shesh!

But on a serious note, if it is so easy to do, why haven't we seen a wave of these frankienguns hitting the streets already?
edit on 2-2-2013 by steel49 because: question added.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
ATF would do better if they started watching who's buying lasers and laser diodes on the internet and seize those from those people.

Those "lasers" aren't firearms either but they'll harm people more than some dang airsoft guns that shoot little yellow plastic balls with a spring.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Has anyone filed a Freedom of Information request yet on the so called study on converting plastic guns to metal full autos with your own alchemy lab?

edit on 2-2-2013 by Shadowcast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I have a DPMS Airsoft. Same weight and feel of a AR. It's made of metal for the most part. The thing is, the lower is a actual AR lower. Give me some parts and I drill one hole in it and I have a actual AR15.

No you won't. The airsoft lower does not have the cutouts for the bolt, hammer, spring, trigger mechanism. The upper does not have a chamber or a barrel for accepting the cartrige. What you are suggesting is that you could get all of the other parts, mill the receiver out, and then get an AR--a task that would be jsut as easy as getting a square metal billet and then milling it into a receiver.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

I researched this story a while ago and it isn't as far fetched as it might sound. This guy explains it pretty well.

edit on 1/2/2013 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

But he didn't exlain anything in that video other than the lower receiver is the serialized portion of the AR.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join