It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF seizes a shipment of 30 'dangerous' weapons.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

next they will ban steel pipe from home depot.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You guys are forgetting that the only part which is classified and stamped with a serial number and classified as a gun by federal law is the lower receiver.

There is no such law that I know of that states an air soft gun may not contain actual firearms components.

Make fun of me all you want. But somebody at least did a little research on this subject and someone else did not.

Thats why I said its 100% legal, because the lower receiver is the only part classified as the "gun"

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

If a lower receiver contains parts that make it a real firearm then it not an airsoft toy it's a gun.
No ones making fun, your just talking through your anus to people who actually own weapons.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
For example here is an airsoft AK47 metal reciever cover.

www.airsoftgunrepair.com...

I can guarantee you if I ordered that part, it would fit my AK. Then I could order pistol grips, selector. furniture, sights and all other components. (not sure about the gas chamber)

But everything else is damn near identical.

www.evike.com...

Personally, its not the route I would take, but in a pinch if I needed to replace parts on a working AK. I would just spend the $150 bucks for an airsoft.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
has it not occurred to anyone that the ATF claim might be true , it wouldnt be the first time that real fireams components have been shipped on a bill of lading stating " toys " to avoid taxes , gun control laws etc etc etc

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

No the lower receiver is just a pice of metal.

All other parts are independent of the part classified by federal law as the Gun.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

*balloons and white T shirts breath a sigh of relief....

So they can be converted to live fire ammo? 0.o

(He means lasers....Star wars lasers right?)....Oh I got it... if the terrorist US citizen really wants to he can convert them into live fire weapons by duct taping a real gun onto them.....K....

edit on 1-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Im with you.

apparently many folks are ignorant as to what the law really states.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

The "piece of metal" is a stripped receiver.
edit on 1-2-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

So....your gonna build an entire AK, off an air soft part. Hold on I'll send you a link that shows how to make a receiver out of a poop shovel.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Actually Im ok with the AK that I already own. But you can buy the lower receiver on the internet for 28.99 and all other parts are available at a very affordable price.

You just hate it when Im right dont you?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Sure buy the parts kit for around 450 bucks. Buy the flat receiver that needs to be shaped for 30 bucks. then throw out the receiver cover and use the 9 dollar airsoft part that might withstand the pressure of an actual round and you have a gun. Thats no where near the bull crap your trying to sell saying an airsoft gun can be made to fire real ammunition. stick to one argument.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I sure hope this ATF agents boss is aware of just how stupid and ignorant this agent is.

I loved the part about being able to convert it to a machine gun.
That was priceless and this guy has to be the biggest joke going around the ATF water cooler.

I have alot of respect for agents and police but they have to get rid of rotten apples like this guy. He really is that stupid.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
has it not occurred to anyone that the ATF claim might be true , it wouldnt be the first time that real fireams components have been shipped on a bill of lading stating " toys " to avoid taxes , gun control laws etc etc etc

Ya airsoft gun to a military grade machine gun.
This thread is great thanks OP.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Ya airsoft gun to a military grade machine gun.
This thread is great thanks OP.

Define machine gun: [insert definition here]

I am pretty sure I am on par with your premise but a bunch of laughing faces doesn't quite make an argument.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I have a DPMS Airsoft. Same weight and feel of a AR. It's made of metal for the most part. The thing is, the lower is a actual AR lower. Give me some parts and I drill one hole in it and I have a actual AR15.

Here's the kicker. DPMS included within the box specific warnings not to do this as the lower apparently did not meet their QC standards and they imply that to make a real weapon out of it would be dangerous and that they would not be held liable.

I'll take their word for it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Christ, you can do more damage with a broomstick.

It's boomstick not broomstick.

Evil Dead Lives!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'll avoid this argument and stick to my spud gun. Everyone knows that potato guns are very deadly to the potato.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This is about 2 years old, I remember when it happened, the story provided such fun entertainment on my airsoft form at the time, the dude trying to insert a mag backwards lol

ETA: any IDIOT out there that THINKS you can convert an airsoft gun into a real firearm, you're exactly that, an IDIOT.
The metal it's made from is alot softer then what's used in a live firearm, the internals are not te same, NOTHING CAN CONVERT AN AIRSOFT TO A LIVE WEAPON.
I don't care what you read online or in the papers or anything, it can NOT be doe
edit on 2/1/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/1/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join