It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control Fail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Yeah but federal gun control legislation has magical federal powers.

Super Federal man....making the illusion of omnipotence of government a reality since "you wish"...

No, not magical....SUPER!!!!

Super fed man will make the world better now that you have the will to give him the power to do so. Your will to consider retarded gun bans has shown him that there is a place in this world for super heroes to enforce those things that man can only think of with his douchey friends over unjustifiably expensive coffee and tasteless "health" food.

Super federal man has a weakness though. If ever an evil budget oversight committee should try to limit his power source, pallets upon pallets of tax dollars, he must then be invigorated by throwing at him twice or three times his original budget until he is once again able to do those things you can only dream of.

The power is not yours!

Have to give you credit there for nailing Obama to a T.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
There's something that people keep confusing. The following is true:

1) Gun control works.

2) Gun control will not work in the USA.

There is also something else people keep confusing. The following is also true:

1) Double think tactics work.

2) Double think tactics will not work in the ATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by SpearMint

so perhaps we should embrace another holocaust instead?

Or you could be sensible about it. Like I said it's too late for the US, preventative control was the answer, as seen elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

1) Gun control works.

What the heck are you doing telling them that their tactics work and don't work too?

What do you think they are, a-nuts? Ambivalence is required non-option!

edit on 2/1/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

1) Gun control works.

I don't know what double think tactics are, I assume you mean the statements are contradictory. They are in no way contradictory. There's no tactics, I don't have an agenda, I don't see how you can argue with what I said. Gun control clearly works in other places, but it won't in the US.
edit on 1-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I find it harder and harder to follow any thread here on ATS concerning gun control..... the laws now in place and the new laws trying to be put into place seems to obscure the entire argument! Drugs are illegal, yet there are countless drugs on the street and int he homes and people strung out on drugs, and they have AR's so why shouldn't I? But then again, from MY standpoint ,if you ask me why I need my AR, I will tell you it is because it is what is issued in the military and if I want to keep up my marksmanship to hold and excel my rank, I NEED one to practice with, and if I'm out there on the front line, defending your a$$ and your constitutional right, wherever that may be, you will WANT me to know how to use such AR. Because it is not my AR or my # of rounds that is out there ASSUTLING PEOPLE! It is the PEOPLE with no MORALS OR DIRECTION assaulting each other! My GUN, whether it be a BB gun or an ASSULT rifle has never ASSULTED A SINGLE PERSON!!! But as history shows, those without such weapons are VICTIMS of those who poses them. Unarming our law abiding citizens set us up for more terrorist attacks as they know we are unarmed and puts us at more of the mercy of the government who has dollar signs paving their way instead of the American people. IT IS OUR INHERENT RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS! Should those arms be in the hands of ALL people? I can't judge that because there are too many claiming to be American, who are not American but enjoying more rights than we do, who have these so called assault weapons and arms than we do. I don't want my guns taken away, nor do I want my children blown away on their recess.... but without a full understanding of where the Government wants to go with arms control, who can we reasonably educate our children on proper usage and survival? It's not always up to the school to teach our children, its up to us, as parent's to always hope for the best and prepare for the worst. My children do not live in fear of going to school, but they do no how to handle a firearm if needed.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

1) Gun control works.

I don't know what double think tactics are, I assume you mean the statements are contradictory. They are in no way contradictory. There's no tactics, I don't have an agenda, I don't see how you can argue with what I said. Gun control clearly works in other places, but it won't in the US.
edit on 1-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

I didn't say any of that actually. Was making a joke.

But since you got the shovel, continue digging. I won't stop you.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

If you didn't get all of that rambling above I'll simplify:

Trying to "Control" something that already exists is a reactive strategy and does not work effectively.

Embracing "Freedom", and sharing information freely, is a preventive strategy and has proven to work many times.

Embracing "freedom" is what caused the gun problem in the first place.

Whereas embracing tyranny and oppression would have made for a much better country.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

That does not even make sense. Im sure you probably heard some liberal TV personality say it but I promise you that makes NO sense.
Where there are more rules against guns and gun ownership there are more violent crimes.
Where there are less gun laws (more freedom) there are less violent crimes.
The funny thing is the liberal left say legalizing drugs will solve all the drug problems in the US yet when it comes to guns we just need to ban them inspire of the fact that gun control has only led to more problems.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

No gun problem on my end working just fine!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by geocom

I think they fell victim to liberal double think, something like "freedom through oppression"

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

That does not even make sense. Im sure you probably heard some liberal TV personality say it but I promise you that makes NO sense.
Where there are more rules against guns and gun ownership there are more violent crimes.
Where there are less gun laws (more freedom) there are less violent crimes.
The funny thing is the liberal left say legalizing drugs will solve all the drug problems in the US yet when it comes to guns we just need to ban them inspire of the fact that gun control has only led to more problems.

Because owning guns is seen as a freedom. It makes perfect sense.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

If you didn't get all of that rambling above I'll simplify:

Trying to "Control" something that already exists is a reactive strategy and does not work effectively.

Embracing "Freedom", and sharing information freely, is a preventive strategy and has proven to work many times.

Whereas embracing tyranny and oppression would have made for a much better country.

Or embracing sensible laws in the interest of safety, that would have made for a much better country. Too late now.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Owning guns is not a "freedom" its a right.
How stupid do you want to get with this reasoning?
Cars kill lots of people, should there be a car ban?
What about all those people dying of AIDS, maybe we should ban sex?
Spousal abuse ? Ban marriage?

If Americans really didn't want guns there would not be any. Businesses fold up all the time because they are selling things nobody wants.

Killing people is against the law too, do you think they should make a law making it illegal to kill people? Maybe a murder ban is what we need.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Owning guns is not a "freedom" its a right.
How stupid do you want to get with this reasoning?

If Americans really didn't want guns there would not be any. Businesses fold up all the time because they are selling things nobody wants.

Killing people is against the law too, do you think they should make a law making it illegal to kill people? Maybe a murder ban is what we need.

It's still a freedom. The absence of laws against it means it is a freedom.

I like how you tell me I'm stupid and then go on to say:

I can't even be bothered explaining why all of what you just said is stupid, it should be obvious. I've gone through it many times, I can't see any point in wasting time explaining the obvious to you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join