It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Is A DisInformation Center

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I dont get these types of threads.

This is a USER GENERATED CONTENT site, while Im sure we have a few disinfo agents, a couple shills, people with multiple accounts to give more than 1 star or flag to topics or posts and am even willing to entertain the possibility its all a CIA front but at the end of the day the site doesnt dictate whats on the boards, we do.

If you like something flag it, if you dont move on.

I never understand why people bother with or care about the front page, I personally just check out the firehose which has all the threads from the past 24 hrs

edit on 1/2/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Sorry.....My Bad.....

Link should work now!!!!

A nonymous proves abovetopsecret.com == DOD/CIA front; logs traced

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
reply to post by TheJourney

it seems like there is an uptick of people who make "youtube" type comments on here. those type of comments seem to receive the most stars and attention. perhaps it's more of a star gathering situation than disinformation?
maybe it's just the evolution of a website? i don't have the answer.

your thread does get me to think.

"Oh my God.....There's so many Stars out there!".....(circa 2001).

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

It used to be that a site such as this would hardly be given a glance by the various U.S. Intel. groups and that is probably still so...but given the charged atmosphere around anything that could possibly considered terrorism...I think they might look in from time to time.

This is hardly necessary as the NSA Supercomputing programs that pick up everything and anything that is communicated...Echelon and the lesser known Epsilon...can easily pick out of all the worlds communication a single voice, typing style or topic.

I think too many people here scream Disinfo Man! way too often.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
These are not the threads you are looking for....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
My complaint/observation has nothing to do with my personal education, or illumination. I personally do not have a hard time getting to the core of issues, and becoming educated on a variety of topics. I have the whole internet for that, plus my mind.

The issue is the masses of people. A site like ATS should be a center for illumination, becoming aware of issues that are beyond the mainstream narrative, that would never even be mentioned in the mainstream narrative. I'm not talking about some sort of 'secret intention of the Republicans,' or something like that. Something totally beyond the whole simplistic narrative fed to us by the mainstream media. ATS is supposedly the place to go to get non-mainstream information. So people think that it is representative of the 'alternative community.' Thus people get the impression that the alternative community is a bunch of paranoid extremists, that are very angry and like to flame each other.

So it does almost nothing to help raise the consciousness, or awareness, of the masses of people who view this site. It just makes them more paranoid and angry. That should not be the end result of a site that is supposedly designed to dispel ignorance, and get beyond the mainstream. And yes, ATS consciously advertised Obama and Romney during the election. That shows it goes beyond the users. It's implicit in the design of the site. I can almost guarantee, that there are masses of people here who want to get beyond the mainstream narrative, but are kept within it due to the trends of the forum.
edit on 1-2-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Basically, we are at a point in time where we could honestly have the most significant (r)evolution in human history. We really could, it could happen any time. A site like ATS should be assisting that revolution. It is not. It may spark a few minds to begin their own personal search, but by and large it is not helpful, and just keeps people distracted. It has potential! Yes, it absolutely does! THAT is why I am here, the potential. Currently, it is not living up to that potential...I hope it does, or at least some other sites/forums will spring up that will do the job.
edit on 1-2-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

The problem you are going to find with this is the vast majority of people really don't know about any real and viable conspiracies nor do they have experience in such matters that go beyond what they read or watch on TV.

The people who do know about such things are not talking and the ones that do...either become a joke as their charachter is assasinated...or disapear.

As far as the Alternative Group...the ones that label themselves so tend to be spouting the same crap against this hated group or that and for a while such people could not either write or discuss something without mentioning Dick Chaney.

In their quest to be an alternative they have become a mainstream off shoot.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Front or not, one thing is for certain. Nothing that actually has Top Secret classification is posted here, let alone anything "above" that.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Nothing wrong with that. It's good you trust your own instincts and bring up the topic IMO. You're not the first nor the last that will bring it up either.

I tend to look at it like this.

If ATS is DOD/CIA/Etc. what would be thier objective?? Monitor and Dominate Perseption, Right?? To not only control, to some degree, what is being discussed plus the direction of that discussion as well as it's conclusion if there is one. Ok, well, if that's the case, just keep that in mind when contributing to the discussions. Like talking to a stranger. You can talk, but remember you can only trust a stranger so far.

Are they Black Hat or White Hat or a little of Both?? There is usually Both sides, Black and White, within EVERYONE. Not only that, but the establishment itself, with all it's DisInfo and MisInfo...most probably don't really know what is True and what is False themselves.

However, a clearly B.S. thing that has gone way out of control around here that screams FAIL on the part of ATS, regardless of it being Black or White, is the CENSORSHIP!!! That is just my opinion though. Others I'm sure might disagree....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I agree but am unsure of whether it is intentional or a result of something like what Alvin Toffler coined Future Shock. This is a scenario where individuals or entire societies have so much information available they can not make a decision. These boards offer some valuable information but at the same time much of it is subjective reasoning and or it conflicts with other information here.

There is also a lot of parroting of disinfo which can not really be blamed on any individual but is probably more of a symptom of the above. I consider ATS more of a pressure release valve designed to keep you pecking away at your keyboard instead of out in the streets yelling "Im mad as hell and Im not going to take it anymore" . Not saying it was designed to be such just that this is the effect it has.

I can say that the quality of many threads has gone downhill. I say this because before I started posting I lurked here for years and was even somewhat intimidated to post due to the professional nature of the post. Now most post are rants against Christians, liberals, gun owners, or whatever the hot topic of the day from the mass media is.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Although this is basically true...there are things talked about here that because the information has come into the general publics consciousness....certain Top Secret issues are discussed.

However specific classified actions are not.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Must be a new month to see this topic again. Feel free to use the search engine to find out how many times this nonsense has been brought up again and again and again.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join