It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Wrong with School Administrations These Days?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by derfreebie

It's a ground rock with a marrow type hole in it on a homemade hammer handle. I guess I need to enter a different picture so people can see it.

I know this is pushing T&C but thanks Ricky. I was right the first time..
and I wasn't supposed to know till you told me. Moose maul for sure, and
glad my forehead's down under the WI border lol.
Back to the thread-- most of a decent night's sleep and still no coming
to grips with the skewed mentality getting shoe-horned into our pediatric
concentration camps. I'm so glad to have been somewhat educated and
preconditioned early on in a private parochial school till the 9th grade.
It was a double-edged sword-- I got a good handle by the time I was 13
of what the Fed/Anti-Fed Papers and their authors were getting at,
and a good general background in the rest of our country's important
paperwork. The downside was corporal punishment still at what The
Corps called the era of "The Laying On of Hands". By the time I was
12 there were probably already a couple of healthy lawsuits for phys.
abuse from my stalag and this was pre-PC by a couple of decades yet.
In a nutshell it's often stated that schitzoid tendencies can be IN-
DUCED by a peceived authority figure giving mixed signals. Makes
one wonder if the drugs are just maranade for the tenderizing hammer
anyway. Now put the kid in a bag and shake the starch chips onto him...
When the social experiment is coming along so even the MSM can't
hide the cause anymore, it's time for another adjustment.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Flag and star, sadly though. For courtesy's sake alone I read through the
whole thread again before posting this one.. what a piece of work, and
thank you all for this nasty eye opener.
It's way over the top-- this is what happens when a culture of fear
supplants generations of respect and competence. I was also confused
until only 20 or so years back why it's happening.. and now the teachers
and other authority minons are so unfamiliar as the norm with firearms
it's just a hands off issue.
Take a look at the wildly inaccurate legislation being introduced for just an
example. When you try to characterize anything scary looking as military (?)...
I've got a Wustof two tined meat fork at home for dishing out to special
company, that looks like it could make it through Level 3 without even
slowing down. FG's sake I wouldn't even dream of using it any other way.
Call it proper moral restraint if you like... some human quality that may
be getting purposely swept under the rug by these shepherds of ours.
Personally I was taught the destructive potential and utility of small arms
from an early age.. and it was a source of pride on my dad's part to have
taught me to shoot better than him by the time I was 14 on the same Mule.
He said it more than once, and I'm still trying to live up to it... and never
stop training/practicing. I can hope my fellows would recognize someday
that trained and dangerous are two totally unrelated things. For those
others who hunger to rule, instead of aspire to service.. you know who
you are, and so do we the people. Could be one of the reasons they're
trying to wipe "In God We Trust" off even the coinage... we're almost to
the point now where even they don't trust each other without waivers.
And with all the other 'control mechanisms' in place as well, what kind of
commentary is it for whomever is supposed to be just teaching or governing?
Can a culture be protected so well it needs protecting from its protectors?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Zero tolerance policies are bull*. It punishes the victim as well as the criminal and gives no leeway for judgement.
A while back [couple years i think] my son got in trouble at school for fighting. Come to find out, the other boy attacked him and he was only defending himself, but got labeled as using "aggressive behavior". I realize kids lie and say, "He started it", but my son's statement was backed up by other kids and the teacher who saw it and admitted it actually was the other kid. But, that was on my son's record and he was punished. I later had it removed.
Perfect example is, you get attacked on the street and go to jail along with your attacker for defending yourself. Common sense doesn't even come into the picture and I blame the teachers and principals for upholding it, as much as the policy makers.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It is because of mindless bullying bureaucrats, chances are they are choosing the children that they would like any excuse to exclude. I bet there are other children that have done worse but their parents are on the committee or some other reason that they chose not to action against.

I have found on many occasions in the past that many school headteachers, teachers, and associated workers are often extremely egotistical and they think of themselves as superior to parents, they do not like being usurped and they do not like when their supposed 'advice', however ill informed, isn't listened to by parents or taken with the 'gratitude' they expect. Essentially they are conceited.

Obviously this is not all education workers and this conceited egotism isn't confined to education, I am sure we are all aware of the mindless, bureaurocracy and meddlesome ways in the workplace and here in the NHS, the governments and well, just about everywhere, when people of a certain mindset aren't getting their ego's fed or getting their own way they lash out. They are bullies.

However they can be stopped, there are legislation's that however difficult to attain proof or however shrouded in verbosity and hidden from general knowledge, that can be used against such people. There ALWAYS have a superior. If their superior is threatened with taking the blame, rest assured these bullies WILL be punished.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Expulsion from high school? Yes. But kids know better at that age.
Expulsion from grade school/middle school? Sucks to have on record, but far from crippling.

Bull. I have worked with kids for a very long time. Do you know what happens when a grade school kid is expelled? If they are able to get enrolled in another district, they are labelled as a BLL student, and normally kept separate from the rest of the school population. These are the exact students I worked with. To put it in perspective, I had a student who was expelled in the 5th grade for getting angry and charging a teacher. He was forced to move school districts, and ended up in my BLL class a few years later. He was a good student. A very good athlete. Smart. Funny. Popular. Yet he was in my class along with the autistic kids, the emotionally disturbed kids, the teen prostitutes. He got a lesser school experience for it, and to this day, carries the label that he is a 'bad' person.

Expulsion sticks with a kid. And is uncalled for when it comes to young kids playing.

Well, if we was actually smart, he wouldn't have charged the teacher. ANY student who displays violent behavior towards faculty needs to be isolated. The other kids need to know that that type of behavior is grounds for punishment. You say this kid in your story was an athlete? That suggests at least 7th-8thgrade to me, and a child that age charging a teacher is no joke. I fail to feel sorry for the boy in your story.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Hmmm, when was the last time a preteen went on a shooting rampage with double digit deaths ?
For that matter when was the last time a female went on one of these types shooting rampages ?
When you answer these questions, you get a strong case for common sense with a dash of profiling.

Knee jerk reactions from kindergarten to grade 12.
Assessments of threats from 5 year olds that have been playing video games and watching tv shows that glorify guns are just reflecting the modern entertainment they see, the threat is almost nil. 17 years old in high school that act out in a very hostile matter, should have a different reaction than 5 year old that may come from a bad environment at home and has had no parental training and no time to learn on their own.

Where is the common sense these days ?
edit on 1-2-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

Double digit deaths? That's all that matters is the 10th person? The other 9 who cares? That's pretty sickening.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Zero tolerance policies are bull*. It punishes the victim as well as the criminal and gives no leeway for judgement.
A while back [couple years i think] my son got in trouble at school for fighting. Come to find out, the other boy attacked him and he was only defending himself, but got labeled as using "aggressive behavior". I realize kids lie and say, "He started it", but my son's statement was backed up by other kids and the teacher who saw it and admitted it actually was the other kid. But, that was on my son's record and he was punished. I later had it removed.
Perfect example is, you get attacked on the street and go to jail along with your attacker for defending yourself. Common sense doesn't even come into the picture and I blame the teachers and principals for upholding it, as much as the policy makers.

Both parties involved in fights get punished, and have for decades. Your kid may have been defending himself, but he still has to miss school a few days or serve detention. Same applied to me with my fights in school. Your kid isn't a monster, it's just policy.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

It is because of mindless bullying bureaucrats, chances are they are choosing the children that they would like any excuse to exclude. I bet there are other children that have done worse but their parents are on the committee or some other reason that they chose not to action against.

I have found on many occasions in the past that many school headteachers, teachers, and associated workers are often extremely egotistical and they think of themselves as superior to parents, they do not like being usurped and they do not like when their supposed 'advice', however ill informed, isn't listened to by parents or taken with the 'gratitude' they expect. Essentially they are conceited.

Obviously this is not all education workers and this conceited egotism isn't confined to education, I am sure we are all aware of the mindless, bureaurocracy and meddlesome ways in the workplace and here in the NHS, the governments and well, just about everywhere, when people of a certain mindset aren't getting their ego's fed or getting their own way they lash out. They are bullies.

However they can be stopped, there are legislation's that however difficult to attain proof or however shrouded in verbosity and hidden from general knowledge, that can be used against such people. There ALWAYS have a superior. If their superior is threatened with taking the blame, rest assured these bullies WILL be punished.

Here's the difference: It takes years of education about child development and psychology before youcan become a teacher. Anyone with a functioning reproductive system can become a parent. I'd trust the teacher before some loose cannon parent.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I agree, screwed up world when you can no longer protect yourself. If someone starts wailing on you they now expect you to just lay there and take your beating. Stuff like this truly makes me wonder if people are not so far off from the truth when they say we are being groomed as compliant slaves for a future police state.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

All I know is that we as a people need to stop being afraid and put our foot down and say enough is enough! Whether most people realize it or not we are in fact creating our own problems.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Expulsion from high school? Yes. But kids know better at that age.
Expulsion from grade school/middle school? Sucks to have on record, but far from crippling.

Bull. I have worked with kids for a very long time. Do you know what happens when a grade school kid is expelled? If they are able to get enrolled in another district, they are labelled as a BLL student, and normally kept separate from the rest of the school population. These are the exact students I worked with. To put it in perspective, I had a student who was expelled in the 5th grade for getting angry and charging a teacher. He was forced to move school districts, and ended up in my BLL class a few years later. He was a good student. A very good athlete. Smart. Funny. Popular. Yet he was in my class along with the autistic kids, the emotionally disturbed kids, the teen prostitutes. He got a lesser school experience for it, and to this day, carries the label that he is a 'bad' person.

Expulsion sticks with a kid. And is uncalled for when it comes to young kids playing.

Well, if we was actually smart, he wouldn't have charged the teacher. ANY student who displays violent behavior towards faculty needs to be isolated. The other kids need to know that that type of behavior is grounds for punishment. You say this kid in your story was an athlete? That suggests at least 7th-8thgrade to me, and a child that age charging a teacher is no joke. I fail to feel sorry for the boy in your story.

Wrong. he did it in 4th grade. I had him when he was in 8th grade. He spent his entire school life isolated based on one single incident, and never again showed even the slightest aggression toward anyone.

And you think thats ok?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just bring spanking back. Immediate punishment works. The fattest part of your body is your butt. There is a reason for that! Coddling does not work. When i grew up i had my toy holster and guns. We played cowboy and Indian. So what? I have never had the slightest urge to go on a killing spree. This is reverse psychology at it's worst. There will be long term adverse effects of policies such as the zero tolerance policy.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Read the post again, actually read the words this time.

Does it take years of education to actually read something properly instead of mouthing off like a loose cannon?

Also, your reply is as conceited as the egotistical members of educational systems I just mentioned, you think all teachers are ok just because they have studied for a few years, go read the news, there are plenty of reports of abusive teachers, egotism is the least of their crimes.

Not all teachers are egotistical and out of line, not all parents are loose cannons, go back and learn about basic stats and how to read posts properly.

www.nydailynews.com...

Teachers face child abuse charges for dragging blind boy through school by his feet (VIDEO) The unidentified teachers dragged the boy by his ankles after he refused to go to another classroom, they told police. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

A teacher was able to film himself abusing young girls because of a "lamentable failure" by school management, a review has found. Nigel Leat, 51, was jailed indefinitely for abusing children at Hillside First School in Weston-super-Mare. At his trial, which heard Leat abused five victims, some as young as six, the judge described him as a "paedophile of the most sickening order".

www.bbc.co.uk...

A former teacher has been jailed for life after being convicted of raping a girl under 13 and sexually assaulting a boy at a school in West Sussex.

parenting.blogs.nytimes.com...

When a Beloved Teacher Is Also a Rapist
This is the thing I don’t want to say: My son’s beloved community theater teacher raped one of his former students. The reason I say raped, not “allegedly raped,” is because he was convicted, and just last month, sentenced for having sex with a 14-year-old girl, a former student. Statutory rape. His conviction rattled me to the core. The experiences my son had under this theater teacher’s supervision were hugely positive. He and his family are people I like. I still can’t imagine he’d do something so terrible — and yet he did.

www.heraldscotland.com...

A TEACHER has been branded a rapist by classroom watchdogs two years after he was cleared of the charges by a High Court jury.

www.avoiceformen.com...

Another teacher-rapist faces consequences
The last I looked, statistically, teachers are far more likely to prey on children and teenagers than any member of any clergy, yet few people are aware of this. Is this due to gynocentric and misandrist laws which refuse to take that issue seriously?

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

CHERRY HILL, N.J. -- School employees heard shouting and "inappropriately addressing" students when a father sent his 10-year-old autistic son to school with a hidden digital tape recorder are no longer with the district, an official said Tuesday.

www.cpiu.us...

Statistics
The Statistics of Teacher sexual abuse to Students
The best estimate is that 15% of students will be sexually abused by a member of the school staff during their school career.
Though, when the American Association of University Women Foundation surveyed more than 1,600 students in eighth through 11th grade, 25 percent of the girls and 10 percent of the boys who said they had been harassed or abused said the harasser was a school employee.
The number of K-12 public and private school students in 1996 who have been or will be sexually abused by a member of the school staff is nearly 7 million of 51,331,000.
Between 1% and 5% of teachers sexually abuse or harass students.
At least a quarter of all school districts in the United States have dealt with a case of staff sexual abuse in the past ten years.
Most cases of sexual abuse of students by teachers are never reported.
In nearly half of the cases, suspects were accused of abusing more than one student.
Only two cases were cases of false accusations; less than 1 percent of the cases studied.
No type of school was immune to abuse: public or private, religious or secular, rich or poor, urban or rural.
Responses to Allegations of Sexual Abuse of Students by Staff
38.7% of the teachers resigned, left the district, or retired
17.5% were spoken to informally
15% were terminated or not re-hired
11.3% received a formal verbal or written reprimand
8.1% were suspended and then resumed teaching
7.5% were cases where the superintendent determined that the teacher hadn’t meant to sexually abuse
Of the nearly 54% of abusers who resigned, weren’t rehired, retired, or were terminated, superintendents reported that 16% were teaching in other schools and that they didn’t know what had happened to the other 84%. All but 1% of these teachers retained their teaching license.
Teacher Student Sex Legalities
In 20 states, it is not a crime for school employees—including teachers, administrators, and coaches—to have sex with students aged 16 and over.
In 23 states, it is not a crime for school employees to have sex with students aged 17 and over.
In 45 states, it is not a crime for school employees to have sex with students aged 18 and over.
In 16 states, it is a crime for adults in a position of trust and authority—teachers, administrators, and coaches among them—to have sex with students under the age of 18.

edit on 2-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Both parties involved in fights get punished, and have for decades. Your kid may have been defending himself, but he still has to miss school a few days or serve detention. Same applied to me with my fights in school. Your kid isn't a monster, it's just policy.

I don't even know where to begin with your last 4 posts, your thought process is completely alien to me and it is like you are from a different planet.

The policy needs to change, zero tolerance = excuse for administration to be lazy. Someone who is defending themselves or gets punished without violent intentions is just plain wrong no matter how you candy coat it. If you can't see how it is being taken too far by the vidoes I posted then I truly feel sorry for you because you have lost your ability to think rationally or even remember what it was like to be a kid.

In response to your response to blue jay, it was an example. He was not saying single digit deaths were okay in a school, it was just an example and nice try at attempting to twist what he said around. When was the last time a 5-6 year old in any school shot someone? I will wager a guess and say a very long time ago or never.

Ever thought it is BS policies like this that contribute to the problems of today's society? We are creating our own problems, maybe all these years of zero tolerance are showing in todays world. I guess it is much easier to blame inanimate objects and other nonsensical stuff than it is to blame police state mentality however.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

You missed the recent story about the 6? year old deaf child who was suspended for hand signing his name. His name has a "h" in it, which the sign for h, is two fingers pointed out...

edit on 1/31/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: lol

That's not quite it. His name is Hunter, and rather than spell his name, which is what officially you're supposed to do, he used the sign for the noun "hunter", which is incorrect.

OMG... well then, ban the name Hunter... too politically incorrect. Shame this family for their choice of name.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

There is a zero-tolerance policy for teachers sexually involved with children. None of those teachers should be able to teach again, and none of the students punished for gun stuff should be let off the hook either.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

No, it's called teach your kid how to properly sign his name. Poor parents equals dumb kids equals kids in trouble equals parents outraged that their perfect angel could possibly just be another idiot.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

reply to post by theabsolutetruth

There is a zero-tolerance policy for teachers sexually involved with children. None of those teachers should be able to teach again, and none of the students punished for gun stuff should be let off the hook either.

There is a zero tolerance policy with most criminal activity when it comes to teachers, and students. Playing g.i.joe at recess is not criminal activity.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
We're raising a generation of people that will associate firearms with punishment. They will be afraid of guns. Afraid to touch, use, draw guns.

This is social engineering at it's worst!

BINGO.... that's the whole point! This is intentional and disgusting.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by MsAphrodite

No, it's called teach your kid how to properly sign his name. Poor parents equals dumb kids equals kids in trouble equals parents outraged that their perfect angel could possibly just be another idiot.

Oh yes there are idiots involved here. That much is beyond question. Just who the idiots are?... well I'll let common sense decide.

Zero tolerance means that common sense can no longer be trusted.
edit on 2-2-2013 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join