It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Wrong with School Administrations These Days?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thommmy
Do you realize how many school shootings there are in the USA?

imagine being a teacher, imagine what it is like where every other day someone dies at a school.

If you want this fear to stop, then stop the shootings. Yet your country doesn't want gun reform.

Most school shootings are not kindergarden schools......

Most are gang related in big cities and in high schools and colleges, with a few being a nutball(s) such as Columbine but that is a very very rare occurance.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thommmy
Do you realize how many school shootings there are in the USA?

imagine being a teacher, imagine what it is like where every other day someone dies at a school.

If you want this fear to stop, then stop the shootings. Yet your country doesn't want gun reform.

Speaking as a former teacher, you seem to be far more scared than any teacher I have known.

Yes, school shootings happen (not nearly as often as you are claiming). That doesnt mean you live your life in fear.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It was my understanding, also, that the girl with the "hello kitty" bubble gun, was just referencing it, and didn't actually have possession, of one...And she still got punished...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

Originally posted by beezzer
We're raising a generation of people that will associate firearms with punishment. They will be afraid of guns. Afraid to touch, use, draw guns.

This is social engineering at it's worst!

Agreed, I don't see children learning anything useful from punishment like this except maybe fear of authority.

The "state" (via the school system) is replacing parents as the picture of authority. The parents, are now in fear of the "authority" because they do want their children to succeed. So the parents will reinforce the dictates that the schools impose.

Home schooling seems the only answer, in my humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Awww...now cheer up there Darkphoenix. Not every kid gets expelled for bringing a key chain knife, toy gun or other fake weapon to school. Why, look here! This child brought a real gun to school and even shot a little girl in the head with it.

Teen Charged in Fatal School Bus Shooting Can Attend School: Judge

Of course a 13 year old witness swears it was 100% accidental, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt that it was...but still? Like you point out, toys and pure imitations of the toys have gotten kids thrown clear out. Progress?

Well.... Not really I suppose, but it sure supports your opening question of what is going on in the world with kids and schools today? 0 tolerance for a toy but a simple change of schools for manslaughter with a witness, no less.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I used to wear Guns-N-Roses T-shirts in high school bet I would be taken to jail for it nowadays.

This crap is ridiculous!!!

edit on 31-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Thommmy

I played with toy guns when I was a kid, so did most of the boys in my school. School shootings were rare when I went to school. Most houses had guns in them those days and many kids used bb guns and learned to use rifles and shotguns those days. There is something wrong with the younger generation today. Suicides are way up too. We need to find out what is going on, not blame it on guns. I personally do not see a need for regular people having a gun that holds more than ten shells. I do not see a need for violent interactive video games either.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I'd note that 11th round will come in VERY handy if you shoot to a dry click, like many teach these days for new defense shooters and you get the bad guy. Dead as you could have asked........then find out he wasn't alone when his very pissed off buddy comes around the corner after hearing the click. Indeed....a little late then, but that 11th round would be a life saver.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Awww...now cheer up there Darkphoenix. Not every kid gets expelled for bringing a key chain knife, toy gun or other fake weapon to school. Why, look here! This child brought a real gun to school and even shot a little girl in the head with it.

Teen Charged in Fatal School Bus Shooting Can Attend School: Judge

Of course a 13 year old witness swears it was 100% accidental, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt that it was...but still? Like you point out, toys and pure imitations of the toys have gotten kids thrown clear out. Progress?

Well.... Not really I suppose, but it sure supports your opening question of what is going on in the world with kids and schools today? 0 tolerance for a toy but a simple change of schools for manslaughter with a witness, no less.

All I have in response to that is this.....

WOW!!!
What a world, what a world!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Second clip. Aim better

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

We're raising a generation of people that will associate firearms with punishment. They will be afraid of guns. Afraid to touch, use, draw guns.

This is social engineering at it's worst!

Agreed, I don't see children learning anything useful from punishment like this except maybe fear of authority.

The "state" (via the school system) is replacing parents as the picture of authority. The parents, are now in fear of the "authority" because they do want their children to succeed. So the parents will reinforce the dictates that the schools impose.

Home schooling seems the only answer, in my humble opinion.

So not only is the state giving our children sub-standard education, but also impregnating them with absurd political ideals.

Great, just great.

Homeschooling all the way, at least then they'll grow up with a little more common sense. If not that, at least they'll have a chance to develop it instead of being force-fed authoritarianism in lieu of morals.
edit on 31-1-2013 by TurtleSmacker because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I guess they just have to wait until they are in high school then the school gives them toy guns.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Not necessarily. A kid brought a gun to my junior high school back around 1992. He threatened the kid and told him he had the gun that day. Luckily, word got to the teacher and police were called to raid his locker before class ended that period. I'm sure the one who brought the gun made gestures of that nature leading up to him actually bringing the gun to school.

Being over-reactive sucks sometimes, but being inactive can have very dire consequences. Much worse than detention or suspension. I was an honor roll student and was in detention or suspended at least once every year. It's part of growing up. Kids get in trouble when they do bad things. Parents shouldn't be so quick to contest a punishment doled out by the school system.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
it's called INDOCTRINATION, and CONDITIONING. they HAVE to treat these kids harshly or it will not take, and the other kids might not learn as well. it is all about making these kids equate guns/bad/deserve punishment. like Pavlov teaching the dogs to be hungry at the sound of a bell. i imagine that what is NOT seen in the stories is that any kid who "informed" on them is REWARDED for it. that would be both positive reinforcement (reward for "proper behavior"), and negative reinforcement (punishment for "improper behavior"). both have a place in mental conditioning also known as brainwashing.

we have all seen the almost violent reaction from those on the pro-gun side, to the implementation of gun control/removal. kids are easily manipulated and trained through education to see the world how those in control want them to. i suspect what we will be starting to hear anytime soon is that kids are turning in their parents, older siblings and any one else who talks or acts in opposition, or even questions what the government wants. it is a tried and true method of dealing with dissidents. both the Nazi party and communists have used it to good effect.

it may be time to start not talking around the dinner table or even within earshot of seemingly innocent kids about anything that may seem contrary to what the government wants. lock down computers so that they can not access what you see and do especially if you are looking at sites like this, or anything else that could be taken for dissension. and make sure any other correspondence that might be viewed as dissent are also well hidden from young eyes and hands. many people paid the price for ignoring the possible threat that politically indoctrinated kids pose.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is most likely a union-mandated directive meant to indoctrinate very young, impressionable children about how severely they will be punished for even mentioning guns so as to instill a fear of guns into them. Then when they get to voting age, their irrational fear of guns will dictate their political preference.

Is it not obvious?

They only have to make an example of one or two kids and the imprint is etched into all of their classmates as well.

This is how they will disarm us - with our children by having them surrender their rights to them gleefully.

edit on 1-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

Right.
Social Psychology at its best use.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Oh no! Did the kids feel bad when they were in trouble? Good. That's how you teach right from wrong.

Schools have had shootings since before this was even a country. Source

It's time to take a zero tolerance policy to any threat inside a school. Realistic or not.

Teach them right for wrong? Well how about we don't teach them the wrong in the first palce.. Where are they getting the idea to play cops and robbers? Where did the bubble gum girl get the idea to shoot her friends then her self?

TV, video games, music.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwhiteandblue

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Oh no! Did the kids feel bad when they were in trouble? Good. That's how you teach right from wrong.

Schools have had shootings since before this was even a country. Source

It's time to take a zero tolerance policy to any threat inside a school. Realistic or not.

Teach them right for wrong? Well how about we don't teach them the wrong in the first palce.. Where are they getting the idea to play cops and robbers? Where did the bubble gum girl get the idea to shoot her friends then her self?

TV, video games, music.

Oh yes!!! How silly of me, they must be bubble wrapped, as surely toy guns are very dangerous....puhleezee!!!

If you want to believe that the system can deliver unicorns and rainbows that is your business, but they are kids! There is nothing wrong with playing, nothing wrong with GI Joe, plastic army men, toy guns, transformers, star wars or anything else. By demonizing toy guns all you will accomplish is creating a generation of retarded children afraid of guns and authority! Where will all the army and police come from then that protect our society when they believe an inanimate object is evil instead of the people that use the tool for wrong. As I said to a different poster, please consider not reproducing.

maybe the girl got the idea from this girl, you must be friends with this officer known on yahoo as officer Bubbles?

edit on 1-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: rephrase

edit on 1-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

edit on 1-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: rephrase

lol wut?
You could have had a video of her walking down the street and then just cut to "moments latter" and her getting arrested by the Canadian police. OMG WALKING TO BOOKING

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I admit the video is suspicious considering the fact they cut the filming, but the officer was a douche, and that is the point I was making.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join