It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 teens, 1 adult arrested after text messages offered gun for sale at Fishers High School

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So here is the elephant in the living room: Why did the kid have the gun? Becasue he was bullied and didn't feel safe. What is the single common factor in every recent shooting incident going back to Columbine and beyond? Bullying and social isolation. In addition to the shootings there has been a 20% increase in the rate of teen suicides since 2000. The common reason? Bullying. These phenomena need to be viewed together. Don't just look at the gun violence. There is a root cause and we're overlooking it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq1

removed my post due to my error of posting laws of the wrong state in question.
edit on 1-2-2013 by drmeola because: (no reason given)

crime.about.com...

Turns out I could have left the post up the gun laws for the minor is very similar as they were in GA for now will just leave the link so others can read it.

•On real property that is under the control of the child’s parent, an adult family member, or legal guardian and has permission from the child's parent or legal guardian to possess a firearm.

•At the child's residence and has the permission of the child's parent, an adult family member or legal guardian to possess a firearm.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

this was Indiana... if it makes a difference

edit on 1-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I apologize swore it read GA, it could have been a different article I will have to research the gun laws in Indiana because yes it makes a difference as each State has there own gun laws in place.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
See page 1 for a link...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq1

Originally posted by goou111
Hi all
This is getting crazy he got 3 felony charges for sending text messages offering to sell the gun,but he never sold it..

The kid talks about how so many kids in the school allready have guns,and thats why he couldnt sell it..
I think 3 felony charges is a little stiff just for text messages
www.theindychannel.com...

FISHERS, Ind. - Two students and an adult have been arrested on felony gun charges after police said text messages were sent to classmates at Fishers High School offering a gun for sale.

Fishers Police said they made the discovery when a .22-caliber pistol fell out of a 16-year-old’s pants pockets as officers were breaking up a party at the teen’s home. Their investigation then revealed text messages where the boy had been trying to sell the gun to his classmates.

“I wish I didn’t buy the gun because it obviously got me in a lot of trouble,” the boy told the Call 6 Investigators at his family home.

He admitted that he sent messages to 10 classmates, sometimes during school hours and sometimes containing a picture of the firearm, as he tried to profit from the gun he had been carrying for months in response to bullying.

“I just didn’t feel safe. I mean, I almost always had it,” he said of the gun.

He said he was unable to sell the gun to his classmates because so many told him they already had their own guns.

“Some kids already had guns and some didn’t and they wanted one but they didn’t have the money for one,” he said.

“Other kids have guns to the roof, every kind of gun you can imagine, pretty much any kind of thing you want, they can get you,” he said.

edit on 31-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

Felony 1: illegally carrying a concealed weapon
Felony 2: Conspiracy to commit a felony (selling gun to a minor)

That is at least two felonies right there...

If he was carrying the gun at school and admitted to it there is #3

This is normal practice to charge people with many crimes in order to get an easy conviction. They will probably get him to cop to one and drop the others.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Majiq1 because: (no reason given)

You mean I don't have the right to bear arms if I'm doing it illegally, selling to minors, or in schools?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join