It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 teens, 1 adult arrested after text messages offered gun for sale at Fishers High School

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hi all
This is getting crazy he got 3 felony charges for sending text messages offering to sell the gun,but he never sold it..

The kid talks about how so many kids in the school allready have guns,and thats why he couldnt sell it..
I think 3 felony charges is a little stiff just for text messages
www.theindychannel.com...

FISHERS, Ind. - Two students and an adult have been arrested on felony gun charges after police said text messages were sent to classmates at Fishers High School offering a gun for sale.

Fishers Police said they made the discovery when a .22-caliber pistol fell out of a 16-year-old’s pants pockets as officers were breaking up a party at the teen’s home. Their investigation then revealed text messages where the boy had been trying to sell the gun to his classmates.

“I wish I didn’t buy the gun because it obviously got me in a lot of trouble,” the boy told the Call 6 Investigators at his family home.

He admitted that he sent messages to 10 classmates, sometimes during school hours and sometimes containing a picture of the firearm, as he tried to profit from the gun he had been carrying for months in response to bullying.

“I just didn’t feel safe. I mean, I almost always had it,” he said of the gun.

He said he was unable to sell the gun to his classmates because so many told him they already had their own guns.

“Some kids already had guns and some didn’t and they wanted one but they didn’t have the money for one,” he said.

“Other kids have guns to the roof, every kind of gun you can imagine, pretty much any kind of thing you want, they can get you,” he said.

edit on 31-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hey, rather than spend a small fortune of tax payers money to buy back worthless AT-4 training units and call them rocket launchers, I see a GOOD place to spend money buying things back!

Now cash isn't a good idea or the local burglary rate would go straight through the roof....but perhaps offering brand new, in the box IPOD's or even IPAD's for something that isn't junk like the one pictured above. Junk still kills though and it gives me a chill to think he was carrying it for an extended period of time. It's worse to think he actually had a % tell him they already had one and didn't need to buy his.

Gun ownership is our right and it's one worth fighting for.....but gun ownership to children is against every set of laws I've ever known to exist from Federal to local city in this context. This is wrong on so many levels......

.......and armed teachers are the threat in today's schools? Hell....I wonder if the teacher would even get the chance to use their own or if half the class would open up with their own guns first. Talk about nightmare.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Indiana is going south fast, I cant believe this kind of idiocy is coming from Indianapolis ( North side, the rich side). Indiana usually doesnt have these kinds of issues. Perhaps there is more to the story, like the gun was illegally purchased by him to begin with, then carried by him without being registered, then attempting to sell it " illegally" to another minor.

I cant believe this dumbarse needs to spend 20 to 30 in prison though. Nobody was hurt, and nothing really happened, except a dumb kid made a bad mistake. He should lose the gun ( if not legally owned) and then have some probation and community service, maybe even a few classes on using better thinking and reasoning skills when making choices.

I find it impossible to miss the fact bullying was mentioned though, and with the shootings......well they may have just stopped one here potentially.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I am sure that he won't retain all the charges. Trust me, the legal system is messed up and backwards. People who do bad things seem to easily get away with it and get hundreds of chances yet the children who do rather small and almost innocent things get busted big time. That being said, I do think that this should be examined by police. Was the kid's firearm legal? What about the parents? What was their history? He definately should get into trouble, but yeah three felonies is only going to make him feel like he is more of a criminal than he really is which may resort to simply more crime in the future.

Who knows.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
Hi all
This is getting crazy he got 3 felony charges for sending text messages offering to sell the gun,but he never sold it..

The kid talks about how so many kids in the school allready have guns,and thats why he couldnt sell it..
I think 3 felony charges is a little stiff just for text messages
www.theindychannel.com...

FISHERS, Ind. - Two students and an adult have been arrested on felony gun charges after police said text messages were sent to classmates at Fishers High School offering a gun for sale.

Fishers Police said they made the discovery when a .22-caliber pistol fell out of a 16-year-old’s pants pockets as officers were breaking up a party at the teen’s home. Their investigation then revealed text messages where the boy had been trying to sell the gun to his classmates.

“I wish I didn’t buy the gun because it obviously got me in a lot of trouble,” the boy told the Call 6 Investigators at his family home.

He admitted that he sent messages to 10 classmates, sometimes during school hours and sometimes containing a picture of the firearm, as he tried to profit from the gun he had been carrying for months in response to bullying.

“I just didn’t feel safe. I mean, I almost always had it,” he said of the gun.

He said he was unable to sell the gun to his classmates because so many told him they already had their own guns.

“Some kids already had guns and some didn’t and they wanted one but they didn’t have the money for one,” he said.

“Other kids have guns to the roof, every kind of gun you can imagine, pretty much any kind of thing you want, they can get you,” he said.

edit on 31-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

Felony 1: illegally carrying a concealed weapon
Felony 2: Conspiracy to commit a felony (selling gun to a minor)

That is at least two felonies right there...

If he was carrying the gun at school and admitted to it there is #3

This is normal practice to charge people with many crimes in order to get an easy conviction. They will probably get him to cop to one and drop the others.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Majiq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Where the holy F are the damned parents?!!

What is up with people these days.

When Columbine happened my first question was "him the hell did the parents not know they were building bombs?"

Good lord does anyone take any damned responsibility anymore?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The parents blame the school. The school blames the parents. Society blames them both.

Everyone is at fault, so no one is at fault in a real sense. Isn't the new world order a great thing?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Majiq1

Sorry to quibble but...
1 carrying concealed within your home isn't a crime at all
2 conspiring to commit a felony may not be a felony depending upon the felony one conspires to commit

However, minor possession of a firearm and unlawful selling of a firearm as well as possession of "unregistered" firearms may well be felonies in Indiana.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Is there a minimum age for owning or possessing a hand gun in the state? If so, it might be a crime.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by projectvxn

The parents blame the school. The school blames the parents. Society blames them both.

Everyone is at fault, so no one is at fault in a real sense. Isn't the new world order a great thing?

lol, this is so true it almost hurts.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
reply to post by Majiq1

Sorry to quibble but...
1 carrying concealed within your home isn't a crime at all
2 conspiring to commit a felony may not be a felony depending upon the felony one conspires to commit

However, minor possession of a firearm and unlawful selling of a firearm as well as possession of "unregistered" firearms may well be felonies in Indiana.

ganjoa

I'm not 100% sure about the conspiracy charge. I thought that conspiring to commit a felony was a felony, I could be wrong about that though.

You are absolutely right about the concealed thing. I skimmed over the article and missed the part where the party was at his house. My bad.

I can't speak on Indiana law but I would assume the other would be felonies. Like I said before though, I imagine everything will be dropped and he will get a light sentence by pleading out to one. It is just a tactic. They charge you with as much as they can so they can say "You are looking at a possibility of up to 40 years in prison if this goes to court and you are tried as an adult. If you enter a plea agreement we will see that it stays on your juvenile record, and recommend probation and a fine." Works almost every time.

The kid gets the crap scared out of him, and hopefully learns a lesson, and the prosecutor gets a felony conviction under his belt.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Majiq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If they just mandated universal background checks this wouldnt have happened.

Right?

I mean that's what the TV says.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Right?

Or better yet, just make all guns illegal. If they were illegal the no criminal would dare to by them.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq1

Right?

Or better yet, just make all guns illegal. If they were illegal the no criminal would dare to by them.

Genius!!

The government should just ban crime really. The utopia we all want is just one decree away.

I'm going to start a WhiteHouse.gov petition to push Obama to ban crime.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Lots to cover here in this case but simply this is nothing more then another ploy that will be used to help push for gun control.

I can defend this case in my sleep; this case will be dropped with no further charges soon as the media attention dies out on it.

Here are the some of the facts needed:
1. Did the officers have a warrant?
2. This took place at a private residence so there for no charges can be filed for concealment.
3. The kid in questions age? Above 14 which is the average lawful age for fire arms and if the classmates again are in that age range again no charges as he is NOT selling to a minor.
4. Admitted to take it into class, ok was he read from the card his rights prior given this statement if not again thrown out and can not be used against him.
5. He admits the reasons for carrying to the fact that others as well had guns in school, and he was in fear of his life.

The parents probable were the ones to purchase for him though he mentioned he feels bad that he even purchased it to begin with as its been nothing but trouble, I have been trained in fire arms and shooting rifles, shotguns, and handguns since I was nine years old, my kids have also been trained at an early age to do the same. A non hand gun can be purchased at your local store at age 14 in most states with a hunting license, hand guns require a process but the age is not an issue as many hunters start around this age and nothing says you can not hunt with a handgun.

Individuals need to understand the second amendment was put in place for one reason so the general public can defend themselves against tyrannical government, hello if you live in the Union your under a tyrannical government that is why they want your guns so you will have a tougher time defending against them.

All these false flags like Sandy Hook this one and many others are going to be in the news daily to help them accomplish this, we are on the edge of some sort of up rise do not give into this behavior its what they want you to do so they can bring in the big guns and take us all. Learn the law, learn about true freedom the path has been laid down for you all you have to do is take the first step, look me up here on ATS to begin your journey. Thank you

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by drmeola
1. Did the officers have a warrant?

There was a party going on. If it were loud enough to violate any peace disturbance laws then the officers do not need a warrant. As a crime is already occurring (disturbing the peace) they are legally permitted to enter the premises. If they see any signs of underage drinking or drug use occurring then they have the right to detain and search.

2. This took place at a private residence so there for no charges can be filed for concealment.

Correct

3. The kid in questions age? Above 14 which is the average lawful age for fire arms and if the classmates again are in that age range again no charges as he is NOT selling to a minor.

I can't speak to state law but federal law prohibits the sale of guns to persons 18 and up for long guns, and 21 and up for handguns.

Edit to add: In Indiana it is unlawful to own a handgun under the age of eighteen. If convicted of a felony or adjudicated as a minor on a case that would have been a felony as an adult the age limit raises to 23.

4. Admitted to take it into class, ok was he read from the card his rights prior given this statement if not again thrown out and can not be used against him.

I cannot speak to whether his rights were read or not, but in the overwhelming majority of cases this is not something that the officer would forget to do. Especially once the talk went to having it at school and trying to sell it to minors.

5. He admits the reasons for carrying to the fact that others as well had guns in school, and he was in fear of his life.

knowledge of other criminal action, and fear of a crime that may possibly be committed against yourself does not permit you to commit a crime.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

IC 35-47-2-7
Prohibited sales or transfers of ownership

Sec. 7. (a) Except an individual acting within a parent-minor child or guardian-minor protected person relationship or any other individual who is also acting in compliance with IC 35-47-10, a person may not sell, give, or in any other manner transfer the ownership or possession of a handgun or assault weapon (as defined in IC 35-50-2-11) to any person under eighteen (18) years of age.

www.in.gov...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq1

Right?

I sincerely hope that you don't really believe that.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

just a little sarcasm

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree...

There is a good reason it is illegal for a kid to own a handgun before the age of 21...

I understand some kids may have received a couple hunting guns from their parents which is legal (and are used for hunting and technically still belong to the parents until the child is 18) but handguns are an absolute no no.
edit on 1-2-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join