It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As an American, I'm curious, why do I not have a right to seek asylum?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

That depends on the reasons why they left their original country. Plus, you people act like moving to another country is just as easy as buying a ticket and going. You do know that you can and will be deported from these countries if you stay past your visa correct? And that if you don't have a skill that said country is lacking or the money to start a business that it's extremely hard to gain citizenship in any western nation... right? So unless you can cure cancer or are some millionaire GOOD LUCK!

Spoiled commonwealth citizens with their ability to just pack up and go.

edit on 1-2-2013 by Heisenberg59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If you find a country that accepts your claim that America is a tyrannical rule and you are being persecuted for political reasons, you might be able to seek asylum. North Korea accepted an American defector during the Korea war.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Its two black and 20 female senators that put you over the edge, am I right? (Any consolation that the 2 african-americans are likely to go away?)

Anyway:
Equador seems to be an accomodating place for fleeing US-Opression.
Being a high-profile whistle-blower though might be something you have to do first.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You can go to any of the following countries Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Syria, Somalia and sometimes China, depending on political issues at any particular time. They will put you on television or radio (you know Somalia)and all you really have to do then is repeat everything you have told us (perhaps in a more florid way). From there you will become a part of there system.

Here are some rules to follow....

*Do not drink the milk in China and in general be very carefull with most if not all liquids

*Authentic Chinese restaurants serve 1/2 fried fish, they leave the upper half still alive.

*With respect o Cuba I really hope you like Octopus and pigeon peas

*Electrical power is on about 4 hours a day

*Mess up in North Korea and one can be thrown out of the cities perminately; there is very little food outside the cities...... I mean really very little food

* Yeah there is a civil war going on in Syria but they would still accept you for political reasons.

* you would automatically be required to join there military

* In Somalia they would expect you to kill and American prisoner just to show you are loyal.

* There is so little food it is possible some of them are cannibals.

* I saved to best for last, here where you become a spokesmen for war with the US and Isreal.

* This is where looking to see if a drone aircraft is above you becomes something you do
every day.

Any thoughts?
edit on 4-2-2013 by Kashai because: added and modified content

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The problem is very few countries would actualy be happy about accepting Americans into there borders

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

What would happen if the United States of America, completely deregulated immigration???

Here is an answer: It would make Moses look really bad

edit on 4-2-2013 by Kashai because: added content

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join