It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My kid needed some nasonex for his allergies..for some reason it was not covered under insurance...the pharmacist asked me if I still wanted the spray and i asked him how much...it was 198.00 dollars for a 30 day supply of nose spray that a twenty five dollar supply of claritin (generic) over the counter could do the same thing for...198.00 dollars for a simple nose spray..can you imagine how much money we are covering for people getting free insurance? Forget that and I shutter to say this but I can't blame the insurance companies for increasing dedcutions...looking back at my second child when it was all said and done the birth came to approximately 40,000.00 dollars...40 grand so I don't feel as though I should complain about insurance seeing that I had two kids..no again consider anyone who does not pay into the system having three or four kids...man oh man

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
They didn't pick this number at random. $1666.6666666666666666666666666667 per month.

That's 30 6's. 5 sets of 666. In occult circles, 5 and 6 are markers of man and the universe. Male and Female energy.

“In Kritias, Plato wrote that the numbers 5 and 6 were sacred in Atlantis, where they were encoded in architecture, art, and ceremonial life ‘to honor the odd and even days.’ The Atlanteans’ choice of these numerals reflects their holistic religion, the ‘Navel of the World,’ whose adherents strove for spiritual synthesis and balance. The number 5 represents the male principle of conscious outward action, while 6 stands for female intuitive receptivity.” Frank Joseph, “The Atlantis Encyclopedia” (206) LINK

30. At 30 years of age Jesus began his ministry; Joseph was 30 years old when he stood before Pharaoh; David was 30 years old when he began to reign; 30 pieces of silver was the price Judas received, and Jair had 30 sons.

31. The number of El, God = Al. 1 + 30. LINK

Just a cooincidence. They never pay attention to numbers when they use something random like this just before oppressing an entire nation. I know for a fact I pay less than this now. Just for my two sons currently, $1500 a year. My wife and I are about $3500.

Originally posted by Robodoon
IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family
cnsnews.com...

Comment: I guess people are surprised that Obama Care is based on UN Agenda 21 ideas, basically Eugenics.

Obamacare is wanted death, that is what UN AGENDA 21 is... To the elites, the death they need to produce the world they seek to rule as little gods.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Robodoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by Robodoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by Robodoon because: I dunt spel tings right al da tim....

edit on 31-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

Lot's of false info packed in that box. i wwon't include everything as you seem to avoid answering direct contact to your thought processes

3 nibbles:
why does 666 become so important to those who, especially dislike the bible? vavvavvav (hbrw)
hookhookhook (grk)
So now, look at the latin offshoot (modern english) and you have to make another bridge or the theory doesn't make sense. The number of the beast is false.
It's not literal and those with discernment will recognize the truth.Wish I could and don't know anyone at that level
edit on 31-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There may be some out there that don't bat an eyelash that a family of four would have to pay $20k for health insurance. "I only make $24k a year, as a single/no kids, at least they get $25k for each member of the family", in fact, it's something probably all of my employees would say. BTW - they are all in their early mid-20's and think they should be paid $60k "'cuz I got a college degree" . . . to which I tell them, you if went to college to get paid, you went for the wrong reason.

Anyway . . . let's also say this family has one kid that is a senior in HS and they just sent their FAFSA to the IRS, last week. At $120k gross, before they are eligible for "need based" aid, their EFC (expected family contribution) will be about $20k. This means the family will be responsible for the first $20/yr for tuition. (Note: this doesn't include merit awards/scholarship, but very few schools give more than $10/yr in that type of aid.) And, for this example, let's assume that one of the parents is a business owner/independent contractor and can write off $15k in expenses/loss . . . keep in mind this will not change insurance or college, as that is based on gross. Also, will not effect state, which I'll do at 5% . . . which is a good national average. Let's see how much they have to live on!!!

So . . .
Gross - 120,000
Ded/Loss - 15,000
25%Fed - 26,250
5%State - 5,250
OCHI - 20,000
EFC Tui - 20,000

Leaving - $33,000 left for a family of 4 to live on for the year. That is exactly 27.5% of their gross. Meaning that 72.5% of their working wages goes to taxes and college . . . Now, the kid doesn't have to go to college or the parents can take out a second mortgage or even worse take on ParentPlus loans to cover that $20k . . . Those loans come with a 7.5 interest rate that will be going up this term, one way or another.

72.5% taken by IRS regulation . . . NICE HUH!! How many thought you would be below the poverty line (less than 10k per member of household!) and have a job that brought you $120k/yr?
edit on 1/31/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/31/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

Originally posted by Montana
Point number one.... This is CNS, folks.

Point number two... This figure is used in an example on how to determine the amount of the new tax, the IRS does not say that the cheapest plan will be 20,000, it uses that figure in the example.

And even if it is $20,000.00 per YEAR for a family of FIVE, or $333 per month per person. That's cheaper than a private plan now. I'm paying $1,700/month now for a single person.

That sucks . . . do you have a medical condition or a smoker? I'm at $350 for myself and 2 kids.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yea well I was pissed when I was told that I had up to this year to get "outrageous care" otherwise I will get a tax penalty.

When the h&r block employee told me this, I wanted to go live on the air on ATS and throw a fit like Alex Jones.

There is NO way I afford it and if I get too sick, I would be happy to die with money in my pocket than to die broke paying for this illegal garbage.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

And even if it is $20,000.00 per YEAR for a family of FIVE, or $333 per month per person. That's cheaper than a private plan now. I'm paying $1,700/month now for a single person.

Do whaaaa? $1700/month for 1 person's healthcare?
Do you have cancer of the AIDS or something?

Some of us don't NEED healthcare, but we will be forced to pay for those who do need it? THAT sounds American to me.

I'm not giving them squat, until I need to receive medical assistance, then I'll pay my way.

I'm not paying for Grimass the secretary, her husband captain caveman meathead, and their broken offspring - Klingon face & tattoo pierced face to get medical care whenever they want, because they spent their whole lives mindlessly watching TV and stuffing their faces with Walmart GMOs and happy pills.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
From the article that was linked in this OP:

Therefore, under paragraph (a) of this section, the shared responsibility payment imposed on H and J for 2016 is $2,400 (the lesser of $2,400 or $20,000).”

Seems to me that equals $200/month insurance for a family of 5. I'd be all over that premium cost if it is for real.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yeah my eyes bugged when I saw what he was being charged . . .

The sad part is that up until a few years ago, we didn't have ins by choice, I always paid cash, if and when, anyone had to see a doctor. Then the pediatrician stopped taking cash, so the ex-wife put kids on her work plan. Then everyone else stopped taking cash, so I would just go to urgent care. Then urgent care told me they would take cash but, I still had to show proof of ins . . . Now the only place that will take cash and no proof of ins is the ER . . . One by my house will charge you double what most hospital co-pay is, if you pay cash on the spot. But I know others that have all jacked their rates even higher to discourage not having insurance.

If I have the cash to pay for all services on my own . . . why do I need insurance? Nobody is having to pay by me not having insurance . . . I pay in cash?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipIntro

I believe the $2,400 is just the fine you pay for not having insurance, as in your not going to be covered for $2,400 you just need to pay that fine or tax for not getting insurance, and if you don't pay the IRS takes it out of any tax return you might have coming and the $20,000 is for the bronze insurance package the government provides.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Tell them what the poor have always told them.... "good luck collecting that from us."

People can't afford food and gasoline, but an extra $20k in Obamacare? Not going to happen realistically.

As long as we keep electing people like Obama it will in fact happen. They will continue to borrow money to cover the costs until there is not even a 2 class system in place. It will just be the politicians and the lower class.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I really am surprised how many people believed that they would get "free healthcare" out of Obamacare.
Nobody seemed to think that they were going to have to pay.
"Everybody else can get screwed but not "ME". "I" work for a living. Obamacare is here to give "ME" a free ride."
Even when they were told that they would have to "PAY FOR INSURANCE" people somehow believed that they would be special and exempt.

Welcome to the new Amerika, where people are so eager to screw each other that they screw themselves in the process.

I have health insurance and thought I was good to go with Obamacare. Since the plan passed a couple years ago my monthly premiums have been skyrocketing each year - so much for making health care more affordable.

My insurance is paid in part by myself and my employer as part of my retirement package. If I drop the plan I can never get it back again, so for that reason I keep it although I live outside the US and pay for my actual health care out of pocket - at a very low and reasonable price. The rapidly climbing insurance rates are taking up more and more of my tiny pension so I have been considering giving it up and taking the chance I will continue being able to pay my own costs each year. I am doubtfu though thatl there is any waiver from the Obama-plan fees or fines because of living outside the US, having not set foot in the country in years and with no plans of ever doing so again.

I am really curious about that border fence. Is that to keep the foreigners out - for which it rates a major fail, or is it being built to keep you all in? Sounds like an iron curtain to me.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipIntro
From the article that was linked in this OP:

Therefore, under paragraph (a) of this section, the shared responsibility payment imposed on H and J for 2016 is $2,400 (the lesser of $2,400 or $20,000).”

Seems to me that equals $200/month insurance for a family of 5. I'd be all over that premium cost if it is for real.

The section you quoted is about the penalty, not the insurance. The insurance is $20k for the family. Any one not on the plan will be penalized. That penalty is $200/mo ($2400/yr), not to exceed $20k/yr. So, if all 5 didn't get insurance at $20k for "bronze family coverage" (I can just imagine the horrors of "bronze" coverage) . . . they technically would have to pay $12k in penalties . . . still cheaper than the coverage . . . but, then you are out $12k and still have to find a way to pay for healthcare and meds.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Thanks. I was just settling in to get more info on the issue. I found this info about average cost of insurance in 2010: Cost by Health Plan Type The Kaiser Family Foundation reports in its 2010 annual health benefits survey that individuals pay an average of $421 a month or $5,049 annually, while families pay $1,147 a month or $13,770 a year, for all types of health plans.

I'm curious to find out what the employer contribution was on that $13,770 figure.

I'd heard that insurance costs had skyrocketed the past few years but an increase from $14k to $20k is huge.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Lot's of false info packed in that box. i wwon't include everything as you seem to avoid answering direct contact to your thought processes

3 nibbles:
why does 666 become so important to those who, especially dislike the bible? vavvavvav (hbrw)
hookhookhook (grk)
So now, look at the latin offshoot (modern english) and you have to make another bridge or the theory doesn't make sense. The number of the beast is false.
It's not literal and those with discernment will recognize the truth.Wish I could and don't know anyone at that level

How ironic. I just posted a thread on the topic: Carbon has 6 Protons, 6 Electrons and 6 Neutrons. It's also the Mark of Mankind. It's also the mark of the new emerging Carbon Economy. No nation can purchase Oil without the Mark of the Petrol Dollar. Should I go on?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow, I was just doing the math and if this is at all true (not sure I am buying those numbers yet) ObamaCare would cost over 2.2T a year! That is based on the 20000 per family by an estimated 112M households in the U.S. That would mean that about 3/4 of the tax revenue collected by the Federal government would go to ObamaCare.

I hope the FED buys some new printers because if this is accurate they are about to go into overdrive. I know China is loving the prospect of loaning us that much. I read recently that by 2025 I think it was, our interest payments to China will be as high as our defense budget.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Rather the source?! It was right there in the article:
IRS - REG:148500-12. It is required that the IRS present the proposed regulation and have to be open to public comment.

Point number two... This figure is used in an example on how to determine the amount of the new tax, the IRS does not say that the cheapest plan will be 20,000, it uses that figure in the example.

They list the tiers they will classify plans as: Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. In IRS terms and HHS terms a Bronze qualified plan is the bare minimum they will require insurance companies to provide (so much for free-market and people deciding what their minimums should be) and they used that assumption, along with industry-wide practices of determining those costs in 2016.

For instance:
The IRS assumes that in 2016 a single person with no dependents will have a premium of $5000 or if they fall under a family plan $20,000 per calendar year. This example is presented if the person is qualified under an employee-sponsored plan. It should be noted that the IRS doesn't attempt to assume the additional costs to business for offering such a plan; though that will be a different regulation and rule.

Other assumptions made: Combined income is $90,000/year and the single person is assumed $60,000/year. Later they provide examples of someone making $40,000/year and a combined income of $80,000; these assumptions relate to possible "credits" they would receive because of the qualification levels.

In the end...it is convoluted and makes the tax-code that much more impossible to deal with except for those who have access to a throng of lawyers to find the loop-holes and benefits of it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That's why it's run by the IRS. You no longer have the choice. It goes straight to them out of your pay check, if you work. If you don't, you will be living in Gov't #hole eating a pan a gruel once a day. Hahaha. If you pay you still get the worst healthcare possible. Only the shifty doctors will except the pittance the Gov't will pay, you won't even be allowed in the doors at a top quality doctor's practice. Hahaha.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

You must have some awesome insurance. My payment is not quite 800 a month and that is for me and my daughter with my business insurance added in.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Majiq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
. . . but, then you are out $12k and still have to find a way to pay for healthcare and meds.

You kind of do that anyway, even with insurance. For the usual $10 co-pay an insured person has to give the American doctor's office each visit, here in Mexico that is most often more than I normally pay for both the doctor exam and prescription when walking in off the street - with no appointment and typically no waiting. A generic medication I used to give a $5 co-pay for in the US cost me about $.60 when I bought it here.

My doctor here drives a VW Jetta and not a Mercedes. She doesn't have a yacht and probably not even a row boat, yet the care I receive here is much more personal and seems to include a vastly greater degree of actual caring. It is the American patient that must bite the bullet, even in tough economic times. The AMA is one helluva labor union.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
No wonder the government is more and more weary of domestic terrorists. Maybe if people don't or can't pay they'll be sent to "labor camps."
edit on 1-2-2013 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join