It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook Chorus to Sing at Super Bowl

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Putting them in the spotlight will show them that the sixty thousand people there (along with the rest of the world) respects them as individuals and heroes. Much like they respect the players on the field, probably more.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
...wish double posts could be deleted....
edit on 31-1-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I think it more likely that they will only feel the pressure to pretend, and guilt that they can't muster any feeling up towards the performance, which will only add to the existing discomfort.
I wish people would just let things be.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm sure that they aren't being forced to do anything. Regardless of where my life was, I'd go, but sadly am not in a Choir, nor shall I ever be :/

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
At the very least, the change of scene might be refreshing.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Alright...I haven't really voiced my opinion too loud on this subject...
I do not think it's awesome...it's quite strange and sad.

These children do not need to be in the spot light to glorify death...thats what it seems like to me what is going on.

The illuminati have revealed themselves in many ways. But too many people close their eyes to the fact there just might be a puppet master..or several puppet masters... hiding behind the curtain of the grand puppet show that we star in.

Just my opinion..my point of view..and from what I've researched on how the 'illuminati' preforms their puppetry.

Peace and love
~nat
edit on 1-2-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

Yikes I mean I hope I don't sound like a nut case...I just think illuminati are the puppet masters.
Judgement is inappropriate. This is just how I feel. Thank you
edit on 1-2-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Worst idea ever.

Makes me sick.

Time to change the name to .......

PROPAGANDA BOWL

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Why on Earth is this the worst idea ever?? What is wrong with you people? I guess it's true, your country is poisoned. Jesus &^&ing wept "/

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Sorry I'm kinda new here, and I understand the aspect of losing points, being warned by the mods
I'm not sure what the consequences are but I kinda don't care. You people who see this as some kind of affront have to realize that there is NOTHING wrong with it. Its KIDS ff sakes. Kids that are more men and women than most of us will EVER be!! -Whens the last time you were 2 seconds from death F%ck F$%ce?? Yah just sit in front of your *puter and be a jockey. Shiz-nit.

ATS Above top secret
That means underground skunk works ufo sh1t. Not Utter and total retardation. ..
Get a F^%ing life.

edit on 1-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't see heroes, I see possibly traumatized young people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. That could have been any of us, at any age.
This public recognition gesture is sweet on the surface, and if it ends up giving these children any kind of strength or comfort, then that's great. At the same time, I can see why it looks like exploitation for a deeper motive.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Politics and religion are not suppose to be in sports. There is nationalism whoever which is understandable with the world cup. To make a politic point with the kids is not right. If they want to help the kids do something else for them and why didnt they do the same for the columbine kids. So only a select number of kids get to go and sing, what about the rest. What do they get, probably nothing.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

If nothing is being done for the rest of the school's students, then the gesture is no doubt something done for the sake of something else. It looks like those few children are being used as pawns.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
We've had many singing events aimed to draw attention to tragedies and keep it in the public consciousness. Don't assume that because people here are reminded of it everyday thats its that same for everyone else. The issue is an ongoing one and the children here represent not just those that were killed at Sandy hook, but are symbols of other children who have likewise been affected by gun violence everyday.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

Nicely put. It's good to see that there are a few here that don't see this as an attack on their beliefs.

cheers

edit on 2-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973
We've had many singing events aimed to draw attention to tragedies and keep it in the public consciousness. Don't assume that because people here are reminded of it everyday thats its that same for everyone else. The issue is an ongoing one and the children here represent not just those that were killed at Sandy hook, but are symbols of other children who have likewise been affected by gun violence everyday.

So, it makes perfect sense to you to use a giant football game to remind the world that kids and adults were somehow killed recently? Maybe we should have singers from the families that were affected by hurrican Sandy also, while we're at it, and maybe from all the devastated farmers of drought from 2012.....it's propaganda! If the people in power really cared, they'd not do this, but televise the details of the investigation into what happened for us all. They would be open and honest, not just keep us in the dark and play sad songs for us!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So, Obama leaned on Goodell and the NFL... next thing you know, you have 26 kids that survived a "massacre" at Sandy Hook. To top it off, the starlet they chose to help had her family murdered.

Laying it on thick enough?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Y2KJMan
So, Obama leaned on Goodell and the NFL... next thing you know, you have 26 kids that survived a "massacre" at Sandy Hook. To top it off, the starlet they chose to help had her family murdered.

Laying it on thick enough?

Im in the kitchen making bison sliders... heh.. but heard the boys in the family room talking about that fact... the singer who's family was brutally murdered singing with the SH survivors. Definitely an interesting choice
Personally, I didnt even know who she was!

It is funny when you consider what is "awwww theyre heroes" worthy and what situations are ignored and pushed under the rug. Id LOVE to see the formula concerning who is worthy and who isnt worthy for such support and forced public awareness.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

This is a blatant display of propaganda. Really? You're now going to parade these kids as a singing group around the country to ensure that they remember what happened vividly and are traumatized? Worst idea ever. I always ALWAYS watch the Superbowl-turned it off as soon the sandy hook kids came on. It's outrageous to parade these kids KIDS around especially so soon after the shooting. I couldn't believe it we experience a tragedy and instead of moving on and helping others move on we have to make sure as much PTSD is dispersed as possible. Out-freaking-rageous.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Headband7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have no agenda but I found it inappropriate for this elementary school chorus to participate in the Super Bowl. Perhaps it's because I remember 35 years ago when a high school acquaintance had an arsenal of guns, was holed up in a motel room, and only shot and killed himself? Yes that's all that happened; he was mentally ill and he killed himself. Yes it was a tragedy but he didn't hurt anyone but himself. This happened in the 70s, aka before parents made excuses for their children that involved them assigning blame to other people for their children's failures or problems. What happens now? The mentally ill person decides they have to kill all the "other people" that are to blame for their failures. Who put the idea in their heads that other people were to blame? Their helicopter, over-protective parents?

Stop protecting your kids from life. Life is cruel and many times not fair. Life also can be very rewarding; especially when you work hard and achieve that something you want! Life is life! Rewarding a tiny percentage of an elementary school that suffered a horrible tragedy that no child should ever suffer? Just seems weird to me. And lest you think me cruel and uncaring: I unfortunately have a tv in my office and followed the tragedy for 6 hours; ended up in tears and unable to think. Went home early and had a lousy weekend; couldn't stop thinking about those poor kids and the poor, unfortunate adults that must have felt so weak and helpless about not being able to protect all those babies. All of these kids and adults were in the wrong place at the wrong time, held hostage by a young adult who probably had never been told he was doing something wrong or being told he needed to learn to conform with society or be put away to protect innocent people if he could not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join