It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying Phrases or Words

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Its a good thing shes a pretty girl because thats the only thing she can count on to get anywhere in the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
'Apparently'...... I've heard this word being overused and in wrong ways.... by people who pretend to be educated.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
oh and the phrase "What say you" is annoying as hell too.
Is it so hard to just say, "what do you think" or something, instead of yoda talk.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I loathe the pronunciation and spelling of :
"probably" as "prolly"
"ask" as "ax"
"thing" as "thingy"
"those" as "those ones"
"jalapeno" as "japaleeno"

From the "Finding Bigfoot" TV show "Squatch or Squatchie" instead of "Sasquatch"

(add on) "So it begins.... "
edit on 2-2-2013 by azureskys because: add on

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Listen here bra's and bro's, dudes and dudettes,

2nd line,

Why so much hate............? O.M.G.

Like, I can't see this thread going foward with all the negativity about all these epic words and phrases.

Lets move along now, nothing here to see here whilst I nibble on my comfort food.

So stop being anal and just pay it forward already and end this thread, because at the end of the day it is what it is.

Some of you people might be butt hurt about my post. You my friends can go jump off a bridge or get with the program. The peeps that do like, kudos to you.

I would have posted sooner but the roads were a little moist, and the morning taffic made it hard to sip my coffee whilst cruising in Betsy. Thiers more then one way to skin a cat cause I gots me a straw, so everything is just fine and dandy, ya hear.

So here's some food for thought, some words may drill you down, others might give you some leverage, but don't let the cat out of the bag it just might bite you in the ass in the end.

Apparentley, I'm feeling a little peekish with this wicked headache so just give me a break already. Keep your chin up ATS cause i'm never gonna give up on you anytime soon.

Toodles

P.S. Deny ignorance cause only a magic bullet will kill a blurry photo of a U.F.O., thats a whole nother story.

edit on 2-2-2013 by Th3MissingLink because: spelling

edit on 2-2-2013 by Th3MissingLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chipkin9

I am so glad I am not the only one this drives up the wall.

I hate it so much that I even posted it in my signature so people may get the message that the proper saying is "I couldn't care less".

Count me in.
(Yes, I hate a lot of things.
)

Basically, I hate everything that shows a lack of logic or fuzzy thought.

What I hate even more is people trying to find excuses for this sort of ignorance and rationalize it as "evolution of language" or something.
Yeah, right.

edit on 2-2-2013 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisper
'Apparently'...... I've heard this word being overused and in wrong ways.... by people who pretend to be educated.

I can imagine how or why it could be annoying if overused, but it may very well reveal thoughtful talk - as in: things may not be what they seem - not pretension. And yes, that is generally a sign of an educated mind, though not necessarily through conventional schooling.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
"I could care less."

That is wrong! It's supposed to be "I couldn't care less." SO annoying!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
“Are you with me”?
Yeah I am, I’m right here idiot!

"Oh man".
How come no one ever says "Oh woman"?

“Go figure”
“Figure what? You want to fill me in on what you’re figuring?”

“Wow that was sick!”
I’m pretty sure I didn’t see “that” throwing up all over the place!

"WICKED”!
I’m still trying to find the definition for that one!

“Quote on quote”
Is there REALLY a way of putting that word on top of the other?

“Oh please”
Are you trying to ask me for sex or something? If so, and you're pretty hot, I might consider it!

edit on 1-2-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

It's actually quote unquote. Someone says it to define the next word as having quotes. They'll say: well I've had enough of your "sister" but since they're saying it, they have to say: I've had enough of your, quote/unquote, sister.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by Propulsion
“Are you with me”?
Yeah I am, I’m right here idiot!

"Oh man".
How come no one ever says "Oh woman"?

“Go figure”
“Figure what? You want to fill me in on what you’re figuring?”

“Wow that was sick!”
I’m pretty sure I didn’t see “that” throwing up all over the place!

"WICKED”!
I’m still trying to find the definition for that one!

“Quote on quote”
Is there REALLY a way of putting that word on top of the other?

“Oh please”
Are you trying to ask me for sex or something? If so, and you're pretty hot, I might consider it!

edit on 1-2-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

It's actually quote unquote. Someone says it to define the next word as having quotes. They'll say: well I've had enough of your "sister" but since they're saying it, they have to say: I've had enough of your, quote/unquote, sister.
You are correct. I just got moving to fast too fast of the post, and were not thinking...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"epic"
"awesome"
"pwnd"
"troll"
"pedophile" (compare paedophile)

Generation Internet: Genocide justified

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Oh another really annoying one is when people are referring to topics of conversation, of various sections of a project - the word piece. "Well we'll take the piece on structure, but we don't worry about the piece on..." Piece? Don't!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

"It is what it is", "Agree to disagree" really come to mind. Also "I know, right?" And "brain fart"

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The word "preggers" makes me a little nauseated. No pun intended. I never understood how those terms slipped into our mainstream vernacular. "Preg-preg" is even worse...

Preggo makes me feel a little weird since I have three thoughts. I think of an eggo, then I think of the spaghetti sauce, and then I understand she means that she is pregnant. By that point, I'm all off track.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

I know what you mean.

I'm not a fan of the word "Jollibee". Coincidentally, I'm not a fan of the yum burger either though.
Anytime anyone even mentions it the expression on my face turns to one of disdain in .00000000001 seconds.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Also one that is a huge problem here: "I seen a ufo." It's "I saw a ufo."

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
One thing lately that starting to chafe my butt is "No Problem".Especially when used in place of "Your Welcome". Everything's no problem- starts sounding like one dosen't give a chit. For a small favor its ok. a sign of the times." Bonding" is another. (used exclusively by women) Oh they're bonding give them some "Quiet Time"

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess117

"Preggers" is just gross. Haha!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Don't take us too seriously!

edit on 2-2-2013 by Marcelli because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcelli

Hey Joker, you seen much combat?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join