It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generations X,Y and Z

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have noticed that these terms have made it into the mainstream and are accepted for the most part, to define how ridiculous and backwards we are as a society.
Do you believe we are seeing the regression of society to the extent that we may become extinct?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

I think we are a ridiculous and backwards society. And I think we are headed to a sharp decline that will be brutal.

Labelling the different generations is not new-the Hindus believed in different ages called Yugas. Right now, we are in Kali Yuga. Kali Yuga, it was said, will be a time when people value money above all things, hate intellectuals and are unhealthy and ugly.

So yeah, they called it a long time ago.

Having said that...

Every generation thinks that the one coming after it is doomed. Baby Boomers told me I was a lazy slacker, and I turn around and call the next generation numb and apathetic. The world hasn't gone to hell yet.

Yet.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The Reverend Horton Heat said it well when he said:

"Generation A" or "Generation Z",
Who the hell are you to put a label on me?
This label of the week is getting kinda lame,
The more things change the more they stay the same.

All the racist and flat-earth society will be gone in about a hundred years when all of that cancer has been eliminated from this planet for good!

The people with that She's-a-Witch! Let's-Burn-her! mentality are still here... when they're gone (as well as the murderers, sociopaths and psychopaths), this place will begin to see harmony!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
the first generation labled generation X that i am aware of was the children born during WW2, technically before the baby boomers

the second was a band with billy idol.

the third generation x lasted for like thirty years or so.

i don't know who y or z refer to ... what's the difference.

so in answer to the op's ? ... no- people are just getting more retarded.

also ... you don't want to hear my rant on 'indigo children'!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Each generation has their particular reality to deal with...so everyone...deal with it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc
reply to post by Leuan

I think we are a ridiculous and backwards society. And I think we are headed to a sharp decline that will be brutal.

Labelling the different generations is not new-the Hindus believed in different ages called Yugas. Right now, we are in Kali Yuga. Kali Yuga, it was said, will be a time when people value money above all things, hate intellectuals and are unhealthy and ugly.

So yeah, they called it a long time ago.

Having said that...

Every generation thinks that the one coming after it is doomed. Baby Boomers told me I was a lazy slacker, and I turn around and call the next generation numb and apathetic. The world hasn't gone to hell yet.

Yet.

Excellent feedback and I thank you for coming to share that bit of knowledge. I agree there's nothing new however we're at a point in time where we could be stretching out into the galaxy, so I believe it's different.
Kali yuga comment) Have you ever tried to get gramma on the computer? It's like shoving a screwdriver in a wall socket!

I think with the internet (explosion of info) that our generations will be fine. Some may choose to stay here (in the matrix)
edit on 31-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by Leuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_philth
The Reverend Horton Heat said it well when he said:

"Generation A" or "Generation Z",
Who the hell are you to put a label on me?
This label of the week is getting kinda lame,
The more things change the more they stay the same.

All the racist and flat-earth society will be gone in about a hundred years when all of that cancer has been eliminated from this planet for good!

The people with that She's-a-Witch! Let's-Burn-her! mentality are still here... when they're gone (as well as the murderers, sociopaths and psychopaths), this place will begin to see harmony!

Thanks for coming by. I agree, what the romans did was EFFED up!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
the first generation labled generation X that i am aware of was the children born during WW2, technically before the baby boomers

the second was a band with billy idol.

the third generation x lasted for like thirty years or so.

i don't know who y or z refer to ... what's the difference.

so in answer to the op's ? ... no- people are just getting more retarded.

LET HER RIP! YEHAW
chews tar brick'

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Re "The End Times"....seems coincidental that the Generational Count stops with "Z".........

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Re "The End Times"....seems coincidental that the Generational Count stops with "Z".........

Or the 12th imam
or pter the roman
etc

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
the first generation labled generation X...was the children born during WW2...
...the second was a band with billy idol.
...the third generation x lasted for like thirty years or so.
...i don't know who y or z refer to ... what's the difference.

Maybe I do want to hear that rant...

Gotta label it...to make it...my precious

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Burn this place down, like witch
!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

No, we just begin again with A1..to infinity, or until the sun no longer shines.

new topics

top topics

join