It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Interesting Questions to think about...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hey guys... Try to answer these questions from your experience first.... before you Google it.

1) When you get hurt in some part of your body, why do you suddenly touch that part with your hand? it does not heal or anything, then why do it? ex. when you get slapped on the cheek, why do you touch that area in reflex?

2) Why do most people need to urge to squeeze, pinch, bite, or crush.. cute things? like babies, hamsters, kittens.. aren't we wired to protect them? ex: "its soo cute im going to eat it up" "its soo cute im going to squeeze it"

3) When you were young, why do your parents tell you if you play in the rain you will catch a cold? what does rain and virus that can't survive in the rain has to do with each other?

edit: Remember, no Google! and you do not have to read others reply until you post you own!

These questions are my own, i have not copied anyone or read them on the net.

____

BONUS!) How come BRA and PANTIES grammar switched? shouldn't it be BRAS and PANTY?

edit on 1/31/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

1) When you get hurt in some part of your body, why do you suddenly touch that part with your hand? it does not heal or anything, then why do it? ex. when you get slapped on the cheek, why do you touch that area in reflex?

Animal instinct.

2) Why do most people need to urge to squeeze, pinch, bite, or crush.. cute things? like babies, hamsters, kittens.. aren't we wired to protect them? ex: "its soo cute im going to eat it up" "its soo cute im going to squeeze it"

I only hug and kiss babies and pet cute animals so who knows.

3) When you were young, why do your parents tell you if you play in the rain you will catch a cold? what does rain and virus that can't survive in the rain has to do with each other?

So you didn't track up the floor with mud.

BONUS!) How come BRA and PANTIES grammar switched? shouldn't it be BRAS and PANTY?

Just call them underwear- problem solved!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Hey guys... Try to answer these questions from your experience first.... before you Google it.

To see if any of that part is left. Is it all gone, or just part of it gone?

I have no such urges. If you do, please seek help immediately.

Because if I did so I usually caught a cold. Besides, how should I know? I was just a kid.

Because "panties" is a diminuitive of "pants" which used to come in two pieces. You don't say "pants leg" you say "pant leg." And as we all know, the letter "a" frequently denotes a plural in Latin, like "datum" is singular" and "data" is plural.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
1. rubbing it will help lessen the bruise youre likely to get, and can make it seem less painfull.

2. i dont want to squeeze or crush cute things, so i don't know.

3. old wives tale.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

1) When you get hurt in some part of your body, why do you suddenly touch that part with your hand?

I don't. Never been slapped, been hit, and the instinct then was to hit back! Bump into things often, but guess I'm so used to it, I don't pay any attention to it until I notice the bruises (and then go -"aaaargh - this one's gonna take ages to dissappear!").

2) Why do most people need to urge to squeeze, pinch, bite, or crush.. cute things?

I do get this urge, not just a saying... I see a kitten and I want to eat it up! It's beauty and awesomeness is so great that just taking it in with the eyes isn't enough... I also get urgest to lick beautiful paintings, and eat fabric that feel wonderful. Rest assured, even though I do get these weird oral urges - I do not act upon them... Kittens are to be cuddles (preferably belly nuzzle with my face) and I just wander around art galleries, I don't go there and lick the paintings.
Wonder if you're gonna give some sort of explenation on my strange urges?

3) When you were young, why do your parents tell you if you play in the rain you will catch a cold?

No... stuck me in a raincoat and opened the door for me.

Don't know about the bras, but the panties/pants has got something to do with two legs/leg holes.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

edit: Remember, no Google! and you do not have to read others reply until you post you own!

These questions are my own, i have not copied anyone or read them on the net.

____

edit on 1/31/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

1. i dont touch my face if some slaps me, im focused on why some slapped me and how to avoid it in the future. i will say this since i have been slapped before, it feels hot with some prickly needles, so i can see why the natural reaction would be to see if you bleeding. other wise say you get a cut or something it is smart to inspect the cut to see if there is any infectious objects of dirt in the cut.

2. a squeeze is a hug it shows love. eating is weird i cant answer that, most likely an expression that got started long ago

3. even though rain doesn't get you sick it sometimes brings wind and cold which can effect your immune system, just as anything can. also it makes the air moist so breathing airborne viruses and bacteria like dark wet lungs. and now ive hear there is life in the troposphere is there any way that the life in the troposphere can make its way into are clouds and fall on us, maybe rain brings space bugs? that's just a thought not a fact.

panties, i think maybe because women under ware is usually bought in plural form so they get labeled as panties even there is only one. again im not sure about this just a guess.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
good answers so far guys..

Just to clarify, the squeeze and hug tightly and eating and biting is just urges but that does not mean we act up on them.

Keep going!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
When you bump yourself and rub it, you are overloading the nerve with sensory data so the perception of pain lessens!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'll post my replies now.

1) I think Touching the affect area, confirms your brain that that part is still there and you are "okay!"

2) I think its a sensory overload, its similar to looking at soap bubble, you feel like breaking it.

3) I think someone had the answer, i think it upsets the immune system + wet environment enables the virus to survive a teeny bit longer so it can infiltrate you nasal cells.

top topics

join