It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Batplane Caught On Video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I understand peoples interest in secret projects but don't you think by posting images of secret planes etc you are compromising the security of your country by giving intel to the 'enemy'?

I mean obviously people who work in places like area 51 are hand picked because they can be trusted to keep thier mouths shut and they are sworn to secrecy about what goes on there for a good reason. But as soon as the average American citizen sees something they regard as top secret they want to tell the whole world about it by putting on the internet just so they can be famous for a day.

We used to have a saying in the UK back in the second world war "loose lips sink ships"

edit on 27-2-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

If it's a real project (which this is anything but), and they're flying it during the day, where everyone can see it, then it's not going to be a secret project much longer. That's why the F-117 came into the light. They had done all they could do with night flights, and they were having to start flying during the day, so they unveiled it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

If it's a real project (which this is anything but), and they're flying it during the day, where everyone can see it, then it's not going to be a secret project much longer. That's why the F-117 came into the light. They had done all they could do with night flights, and they were having to start flying during the day, so they unveiled it.

Of course you are completely guessing as to why it was seen in the day and using that as a justification. There could be any number of reasons why it was seen in the daytime at that altitude including malfunction or emergency return to base etc. Who knows..

100's of Americans spend all day trying to leak anything secret they can photograph or find out about from area 51, its seems completely dumb when their own country goes to such lengths to have a secure place where they can secretly test and develop their latest security tech.

My advice is if you see something new and unexplained then good for you..but keep it to yourself. Be thats someone who can be trusted with your countries secrets , i think 'patriot' is a word Americans love to uses a lot. Be a patriot and not a liability. Don't go publishing everything you find on the dam internet with the mindset of "well if you wanted it secret i shouldn't have been able to see it at the time".

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I have yet to hear of a black project being flown over or near a populated area that wasn't either already grey, or that was about to go white. Not in recent years. But even if we speculate on their existence, which is all we're doing 99% of the time (the exception being that one project that's about to become public) what is anyone going to find out? That it exists? Chances are that's already known, considering that if you go through the budget every year you can find out that something is there.

No one that has worked in the industry, if they know about the project, is going to come onto a public forum and sit and post exact specifications about the project in question, or give away any detailed information that would help someone figure out how it works. The few times that has happened, the DIA has shut it down hard and fast, and heads rolled. And that was just people "in the know" speculating that a certain project existed with others.

There is no harm in sitting here saying "Oh there's this project" or " I saw this today", because even if you did and even if you got a picture, the details of it are still highly classified, and there's very little that can be given away that way.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

A remote cabin situated near the landing strip for the Air Force's research and development complex edge of area 51 doesn't exactly sound like your average populated area.

Chances are that's already known, considering that if you go through the budget every year you can find out that something is there.

The important phrase here being 'chances are' .. as no one has seen the craft before and no one knows what it is then anyone leaking any information about it is taking literal a gamble with their own countries security. You claim there's no harm in reporting on secret / unknown military tech that isn't currently known coming out of secret bases about but i strongly disagree.

Many an aircraft pilot has been forced to retire and sworn to secrecy in the past when they accidentally saw secret aircraft flying when they were not meant to see them (then they get told to say they saw UFO's). So accidental sightings do happen.

Saying that just because someone else might report it justifies you reporting it is just passing the buck. An intelligent person would just keep that stuff to themselves until they knew for sure that its fully in the public arena. Id rather be a person who can keep a secret than one who blabs to the world anything they think might be 'black'. Its just not worth it be famous for a day.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Yes airline pilots have been, when they saw an aircraft doing something, such as an SR-71 flying at Mach 3. Or they saw something they weren't supposed to see it doing.

If you think that China and Russia don't have people poring over the budget of the USAF every year looking for clues to black projects, and that they don't already know more than a bunch of people speculating on an internet forum you are sadly mistaken.

As for your cabin on the edge of the range, you think the Air Force doesn't know exactly where that cabin is, and doesn't know exactly how to fly to avoid being seen by someone there? And that they're going to fly their super secret black project at noon on a Saturday right over that cabin? They've done some stupid things, but they aren't that stupid. They're going to fly them at night, where even if you see the lights, you aren't going to be able to tell anything about it, and if they have to fly during the day, they're going to do it well inside their range areas, which around Area 51 include the TTR, and the Nellis Range, where there are no cabins and the only people that will see them are stray pilots flying high overhead, and military people.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

If you think that China and Russia don't have people poring over the budget of the USAF every year looking for clues to black projects, and that they don't already know more than a bunch of people speculating on an internet forum you are sadly mistaken.

Its obvious every country spends money on secret tech..looking at the budget only confirms what everyone already knows.

The picture in the OP is slightly more than simple 'speculation' in a forum its a real life unknown. It sounds like you are standing up for the potential leaking of a countries secret tech just by saying its ok to do because everyone else will probably do it. Using the justification that everything unknown that ever gets sighted is OK to report because countries like Russia and China 'must' already know about them is a dangerous gamble to take with a countries security.

You agree accidents happen and who's to say that wasn't an accidental sighting? The fact we already cant identify the tech is a pretty solid indication that it could very well be potentially something secret, so it should be a good idea to keep it secret until you find out otherwise. If everyone did the same there would be less leaks.

It seems completely counter productive to having any kind of secret program the way Americans try to leak anything they see as a potential secret as long as they can come up with some blameless justification for their actions. Be trustworthy and not a liability.

I guess everyone wants to be famous for 15 mins..at the potential risk to their own country. Crazy

I really don't think there's a lot more to say on this subject..im sure you are going to come back with a bunch of 'best case' scenarios that might justify why its ok to report on something that is potentially some type of secret tech but they will just be guesses and speculation.

Its a good job that people who dont work at these secret facilities do think that way..

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Moot point. The image is a fake.

But just so you know, the stealth fighter programme that eventually led to the F117 was flown in complete secrecy from 1977 through to at least 1982, and the public weren't really aware of it until 1986, and even then few people saw it until '91

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Hi neformore , Ok in this case its a bit of a moot point. But i think the overall points i was making are something worth considering.

There was a recent documentary on area 51 with some of the ex people who work there talking about some of what went on. They said that the quickest way to earlier retirement was to see some secret tech by accident and it did happen from time to time. Once you had seen something super secret they couldn't afford a risk of you getting captured by the enemy and revealing the secrets under torture so you were grounded for life. I think some were even told to say they had seen UFO's as a cover story.

So should we talk about potentially secret tech if we see it? Should we post about it on the net? should people camp out at area 51 looking for anything they cant identify? Is this an acceptable risk to security to take just to be famous for a day? Do loose lips sink ships?

Could be a good topic for ATS radio one time maybe?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It looks about as fake as this:
Which of course is not fake.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

(the exception being that one project that's about to become public)

I feel out of the loop, what project are you referring to?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tajlakz

(the exception being that one project that's about to become public)

I feel out of the loop, what project are you referring to?

Yes - this. Inquiring minds want to know. What, Zaphod, is "that one project that's about to become public?" Some of us really don't know.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I agree with those who say it is fake. It is either an RC plane or CG. There is a sucker born every minute.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A) That aircraft is not fake, CGI, or an RC plane.

B) Referring to Zaphod's comment, I presume he's referring to the Stealth Blackhawk.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Here's a hypothetical for you.

"Oh my god you guys! I just saw the coolest plane near Area 51! It was diamond shaped, with two tails, and two engines, and looked about the size of an F-15! Anyone know what it is?"

What terrible national security secret have I let out? What's it's range? Combat radius? Payload? Primary mission? RCS? What can you tell me from the description? Or even from a picture? Almost nothing.

The new Chinese stealth fighters have pictures all over, and the experts still can't tell much about them. Nothing about payload, or RCS, or any of the really important details. They are speculating that one of them will go on a carrier, based on the nose gear, but no one really knows anything about them, except they exist.

Even if someone from another less friendly country were to read all our speculation, it's nowhere near as damaging as B-2 secrets, rocket secrets, ICBM tech, and the hacking of the F-35 program that has all gone on. Everything said on this message board 90% of the time is a total WAG. And the people that have posted that are in the know are very careful to not violate any NDA. I know of one that used to post on here that would even go to her company legal team with her posts written out on paper to clear them.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tajlakz

reply to post by tallcool1

Originally posted by weavty1

B) Referring to Zaphod's comment, I presume he's referring to the Stealth Blackhawk.

There is a paper that has come to light that has some very interesting information about new technologies (as in "who the HELL made this unclassified" and "How the HELL is that unclassified information"). It includes a previously unknown Boeing aircraft based on the X-32, as well as their F/A-xx entry. According to the paper, it was built in 5%, 12.5%, and full scale for wind tunnel and RCS testing. According to at least one of my sources, it has at least one operational aircraft and has been flown.

Our speculation is that either A) someone screwed up royally, or B) they are laying the groundwork for something that's about to go either white or grey.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

really happycat!?! really?!?

MODS!!!!! can we please scrap this tread?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
reply to post by happykat39

really happycat!?! really?!?

MODS!!!!! can we please scrap this tread?

While you are entitled to your opinion, it is not shared by everybody.

Scrap the thread, who died and left you in the bosses chair?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Found the thread...interesting. Any idea how dmaju861 got a hold of the report?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

For the last time, its fake. Its from a ThirdPhaseofMoon video and he is one of the worst hoaxers out there on YouTube

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join