It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War games on US soil, drills in schools, etc (unannounced)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I get it, I get it.

Yes, the panic of a possible gun disarmament law, restrictions on future purchases of weapons and ammo, I now get it. Extreme testing in cities (overhead choppers as well as ground troups).

The other thread is right (re: they wanted us to arm ourselves as much as possible).

I know some of you are quite unapproving of Alex Jones's site or him in general but these links were full of info that would take me days to sift through to find individually:

Army Invades Galveston, Texas - January 31, 2013
www.infowars.com...

“We were invited by the city of Galveston to conduct joint training exercises to enhance the effectiveness of both services in order to better protect the residents of Galveston,” Sgt. 1st Class Michael Noggle, an Army spokesman based at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, told the newspaper.

How Galveston residents alarmed by noisy military maneuvers are “better protected” by the mini-invasion was not explained. Is it possible the Pentagon and the bureaucrats who “invited” the Army are worried about al-Qaeda’s navy showing up at the Port of Galveston?

“The purpose of the realistic urban training is to give our Special Operators an opportunity to hone their skills in a controlled, but unfamiliar, realistic urban environment that cannot be replicated with the bare-boned facades found on military installation ranges,” he wrote in an email.

and

Houston Residents Rattled by Government Gunfire and Helicopters - January 29, 2013
www.infowars.com...

Houston reported that the U.S. Army along with other agencies took over the Carnegie Vanguard High School in Houston on Monday. Alarmed residents called police and complained about gunshots and helicopters.

The Army did not give any details on what the training was for, according to the news station, and a Google News search produced no announcement of the exercise.

The latest military drill follows an outrageous training exercise in Florida last week. On Thursday, military helicopters simulated combat over a freeway in downtown Miami. Federal troops rappelled down on buildings and mass transit platforms as stunned residents hit the deck in response to machine gun fire echoing across the city.

www.infowars.com...

The list goes on...South Dakota, Michigan, and Tennessee etc, (pre-Aurora and Sandy Hook).

DHS videos released on how to protect yourself (at school or work): www.infowars.com...

I get it.

Gun sales went up since the threat of disarmament, since the considerations of possible disarming, yes, they went UP since Sandy Hook, .....perfect storm.

This isn't about amendments being debated and rationally and legally being 'removed' in Congress or in media, this is about proving the ONE or SEVERAL to be surprised into thinking 'this is it' and jumping out of their home with any weapon (or as a group) and shooting at military personnel (captured on video of course) out of sheer fear.

Even better for TPTB if the troops injured were UN forces or the paranoid-perpetrator's own 'neighbor/brother/sister/cousin/uncle' who is deployed and participating in such an excercise. What a hayday the media would have then.

It would cause dire consequences indeed., possible disarmament for all. Imagine the lack of pity for the 'shooter(s) and the gun-cause, unlike the massacre at Kent State (because they were UNARMED).

Imagine a (legal conceal carry) father driving home from work by to see gunfire at his child's school only to drive up and shoot at a masked man who he believes to be an assassin.

How are they allowed to play these 'war games' upon unsuspecting persons without eventually terrifying someone into confronting one of their players?

How are they allowed to get away with 'testing' us (or even worse--our children) in such a macabre manner? How is it our children are suspended for playing with a toy (bubble, paper or lego) gun and adults can be charged for weapons if they have a plastic gun yet they can 'test' citizens (under the guise of practicing for Mid-East conflicts) and assume they are safe in doing so? It is a suicide mission in an armed society. They know it, I know it.

It is an accident waiting to happen and they are likely p'd off that no one has reacted quite the way they want --YET.

Give it time, and if THIS tactic doesn't work they will use the 'foreign' troops (Russian, Canadian, etc) they have on-hand who are 'visiting to train' to cause a more of an intense paranoia-reaction (due to difference in uniform) of some small-time milita group and that would do perfectly to add a correlating international incident factor into the mix.

Considering the amount of private weaponry that American citizens hold in ownership, I am pleased at their attention to avoiding this situation. Sucks to be a governement so hell-bend on the entrapment of their own taxpayers though. Their sleepless nights should remind them that they have such anxiety for good reason.

We are ON TO YOU.

edit on 31-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

It really is a crazy situation, one that I have covered previously: Unannounced Psych Warfare - Designed To Condition You?

As I said in that thread...

Human rights lawyer Helena Kennedy feels that fear is being used as a weapon to break down civil liberties.

"There is a general feeling that in creating a climate of fear people have been writing a blank cheque to government. People feel the fear of terrorism is being used to take away a lot of rights."

One only has to look at the amount of freedoms we have willingly given away - all in the battle against terror. Or should I say fear?

Also worth mentioning; this is not restricted to just America. It is becoming more common (though strongly diluted) here in the UK.

Stay vigilant.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The State/County/local police often cordon off the ground level portion of the exercise, plus they usually use abandoned buildings.

The Military conducts a Risk Assessment that is signed off by a Senior Officer prior to conducting these exercises. They do this to try and foresee and minimize any types of risk and/or injuries. But they are also realistic and realize that you can't foresee everything.

But the potential for someone screwing up by thinking that they are doing the right thing is still there.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
on the local news today they said that people in Dover (Del) should expect to hear loud unusual noises from the base but not be alarmed because it`s just a "standard" training drill.What I don`t understand is that Dover isn`t a combat base it`s a airlift command base so what kind of "standard" training drill would cause unusual loud noises?
If this is just a "standard" training drill then why haven`t people heard these noises before when they were doing the drills?
something very strange is going on.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It is much more than getting citizens used to it, it has to be.

Since with every incident they say 'whooops' we meant to notify you of these 'coming attractions' by the media but somehow we forgot.

Besides, getting people used to something doesn't make others involved in a community 'less uneasy'. No one is comfortable in a high-crime housing complex nor is it ever going to be comforting for American citizens to have the army wandering it's streets day or night. It just isn't in the American DNA (old timers and constitutionalists).

If it does become comfortable for the youth, be afraid, very afraid because that means that we have let them down in incredible numbers.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Tardacus,

it only takes one guy who didn't watch the news that day to go on a rampage because he feels he is being painted into a corner. Not to mention if some guy has PDST, a veteran, a former cop, a gangbanger, anyone.

Perhaps someone who just finished watching the new Red Dawn. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

i think there is more to it than that, and/or opposite to that. Since they cant 100 percent guarantee a civilian will shot at them ,they have a main goal. A civilian shooting back is like a bonus mission objective in a video game. Primary mission is to let all Gun-toting Americans know that The Military has bigger guns, better equipment, better organization, and body armor. They are making this move because they are getting uneasy that so many guns are being purchased, and so much ammo is being cached. This is an intimidation tactic.

in hand to hand combat you will notice these same tactics, it will happen before and during a physical confrontation. sometimes these intimidation tactics are in the form of a feint, and can serve as an instigator or a distraction. I have always noticed that when someone tries to intimidate before physical confrontation they are the nervous ones, they are scared.

the Government is scared, if they have to start fighting a war with its own people, they immediately appear weak and other countries will start making moves. Causing an even bigger threat to the U.S.A. They are scared.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I agree somewhat Doc,

but, the US military already know that their citizens KNOW that their military equipment is the best in the world...because they (taxpayers) paid for it, not to mention brag about it all time time.

Using weaponry on the citizens would be outlandish and sacreligious to those that remain if they want to have a stronghold upon the hearts and minds of the remainder.

It would have to seem invaluable and a necessary to bring forth a NWO (with permission through fear of your own neighbors) to do so.

This isn't to cause fear to the rest of us (just yet) it is to p's off the few that do have weaponry at their disposal to cause havok with home-troops, Rambo-style.

It is more of a mind-game for the rest of us--if anything. Hell, just yesterday Gomer Pyle admits he is and has been homosexual. What does that do to the psyche of the over 40 American? What does it say about the USMC? To me it emasculates them. Something I (no one) NEVER wanted to see.

*Also you say "A civilian shooting back is like a bonus mission objective in a video game."

if so, then I wonder DO THEY have instructions to fire back? If so, under what authority, since they are the ones playing with fire in the first place (if arriving in the dark, if with black/unmarked helicopters, foreign insignia on a uniform, etc).

Who so then is the guilty party if they discharge a weapon?? If they do have authority to defend themselves, they were licking their lips in anticipation of this tactic because if not and otherwise...they would use blanks in war games over heavily populated areas. It would be obvious as a goitre on a giraffe.
edit on 31-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

top topics

join