It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Child threatened on bus today (Gun Violence)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Had taken to avoiding your posts. Read that one because I had the avatars all the way left off screen and didn't realize it was yours.

Much appreciate a more reasoned response to the OP. Thx.

As a shrink with thousands of interview hours under my belt . . . I'll assert that people and their stories are messy. Memories are flawed and messy. 4 people with their different individual perspectives may have 16 different views of the same event. May have 0.00000000000% to do with any INTENTION to falsify or leave important bits out. It's merely human. Sequences get messed up in the retelling. Life is messy.

As a skipper, you MUST know that.

Sure, we do our best to be rational, logical, precise, accurate, wise etc. And at our best, life is still messy.

I felt and still feel that you jumped to some unfitting ASSUMPTIONS, interpretations and conclusions without SUFFICIENT evidence. And then to get into questioning motives based on flawed foundation--and to a mother in such a situation--I just found that rather beyond the pale.

Given the normal messy-ness of life etc., I think there's every reason and plenty of time to give the benefit of the doubt. I had every confidence in the MOTHER ON THE SCENE and in the community taking immediate fierce actions with police and whoever IF SHE FELT THAT FITTING AND WISE. Women do have intuition for a reason.

Their brains do process many 100's of bits of detail and nuance automatically and come up with a conclusion that can be mystifying but quite accurate. I trusted this mother's intuition a lot because of her character and presentation of herself. As it has evolved, I was on very solid grounds to trust her in those ways.

May you have smooth sailing with as much excitement as you require.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
ok thanks

edit on 6-2-2013 by lnfideI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by palmalBlue

Thank you and I am going to attend the next board meeting scheduled later this month to make sure that a resource officer is assigned to our school.

Wanted to say that this is the same community where just last week 2 boys escaped from the Boys ranch and allegedly killed a couple in a very bad way. I have a cousin who is a counselor there but cannot make any comments.

We also thwarted a potential shooter at the local theater and walmart last month, then the other day a drive by shooting happened (not during school hours) at the local high school but was dismissed as 'vandalism'.
edit on 7-2-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

OMG! I hope a MOD comes along and gives you at least one APPLAUSE. Your courageous and honest post is what makes this an entirely different forum than any other on the WWW.

You are awesome!

PS Got a bit excited for your post as i had an Uncle who was a lifetime merchant Seaman, he was always my favorite and was no nonsense like I am discovering you are. AHHH the stories I will take to the grave he shared during our times together drinking, being close family and loyal beyond most peoples understandings.

He was a different breed of human, with eyes the color of the brightest skies and a heart as deep as the ocean. I knew that as he explained he never got his land legs, that he was a different breed of human and handled things without all the bureaucracy of land lubbers.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Well....??? What ever happened? What's the outcome to this story now? Were the police called? Was the boy talked to? Did he go ahead and hurt other kids? Will you tell us? Was this even real?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

You are priceless. I made you squeal and giggle like a little school girl.

Is wonderful it not?

Thank you for pointing out how wonderful and awesome I am when I am being honest.

I sensed your excitement rushing up on you from deep below. Twap?

Did you twap?

LOL

Thanks for the fun story.

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by lnfideI

OMG! I hope a MOD comes along and gives you at least one APPLAUSE. Your courageous and honest post is what makes this an entirely different forum than any other on the WWW.

You are awesome!

PS Got a bit excited for your post as i had an Uncle who was a lifetime merchant Seaman, he was always my favorite and was no nonsense like I am discovering you are. AHHH the stories I will take to the grave he shared during our times together drinking, being close family and loyal beyond most peoples understandings.

He was a different breed of human, with eyes the color of the brightest skies and a heart as deep as the ocean. I knew that as he explained he never got his land legs, that he was a different breed of human and handled things without all the bureaucracy of land lubbers.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
please keep us updated on this story.... When something like this happens, it is really important to make sure there is some kind of record.... I would have reported to the police...error on the side of caution....

how does your daughter view your reaction to this situation? Does she think you took it serious enough? Hope I am making sense....this was a terrible thing for both of you...hopefully the boy gets some kind of help.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join