It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King reveals its burgers were contaminated in horsemeat scandal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Honestly with all the crap they put into cows I would probably.consider eating horse meat. I too have spent a great deal of time around the creatures as well. Also burger king isn't flame broiled its gas fired infrared broiled.

They were doing pretty crappy for a while and started a huge advertising campaign talking about the new burger king who would of thought that meant horse meat lol. I love me a whopper tho.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
whats funnier is that there is worse meat in most stuff you buy at the store or anywhere else......there is an allotted amount of undesirables in foods......

Including mice, bugs, and various other things.....

Dont want it?

Go hunting...........

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Afterwards, did you have the urge to run quickly around your yard?
reply to post by roadgravel

How did you know? I challenged my son to a race and won by a neck.

All this horse meat stuff is really nothing compared to a Chinese restaurant in our city that was shut-down because the local humane society found out the owner was buying homeless dogs and using them as meat. I'm glad I never ate there.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
With the recent pink slime scandal - I would not be surprised to find out that we are living in the Soylent Pink Slime Era - from green to pink. Peal all skin off the flesh and you have the beginnings of Soylent Pink Slime.

I hear tell that long pig was a popular food back only a hundred years ago. I guess we taste good like chicken!

All those millions of missing people in our nations forests probably could have been found in our restaurants disguised as something else.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Why in the world would you go to Burger King home of the flame broiled whopper and then bitch because it's smoky tasting? If you wanted a nuked burger just go to Mc donalds. Some people make no sense anymore. smh

Go ahead and enjoy your flame-broiled lie.

It's funny how dogs have a better sense of taste and smell than humans, yet they turn around after they finish their business and dig right in like it's a piece of pie.

I guess that's the difference between sentinel beings and animals.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Horse steak is goooood

2nd

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with horse meat at all. It's sort of red and stringy.

Seal is nasty. Cat is nasty. Possum and roo are nasty. But pretty much any grass eater is ok.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
An eating establishment in my area was closed down for serving CAT(about 8 years ago). Another eatery was closed down for serving CAT FOOD(about 6 years ago). I think I'll vote for horse.HORSE-it's what's for dinner.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
An update on the horse meat saga. Yet another Eire processing company discovered horsemeat from a Polish consignment. It was not used but reported to the DOA. While this company is doing the right thing and states that 90% of their source is Irish beef, you have to wonder why out source?? I do understand that these consignments are of already processed meat from the raw, but how fecking cheap to they need to be?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Come to think of it, is someone taking the piss all the while? when you read the packaging of these things there is always the, "may contain nuts" it doesn't say what kind of nuts!

edit on 4-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Who cares? Are we not Omnivores? Do we not need our meat as much as our vegetation? So what a horse got ground up...it still tasted just fine. Folks need to drop the "value system"....meat is meat. I have had many odd tastes of the carnivorous world...some were awesome, some not so great. I recall a time a guy tricked me into eating a rather awesome smelling barbecue...he said "Try it and I'll tel you what it is after you say if you like it or not"...It was smoked meat....heavy on the Hickory. It tasted wonderful....I chomped it down like a starving man. Turns out...it was raccoon. Ever since then, I don't belittle the human desire to eat meat. I question the idiots that do not understand why our brain grew....from eating other grass eaters.

It takes an immense amount of grass to equal the same amount of stored energy in a slab of meat from a grass eater. If you do not understand this "refining" process...by all means....go eat some grass....when you are dumbed down and no longer capable of learning or advancing...maybe we will eat you...an obvious lower species....

Who cares that horsemeat showed up....I'd eat a horse or a dog or a cat if I was hungry enough...folks need to check up on why we evolved and why we dominate the food chain...ignorance IS NOT bliss....

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo
It's funny how dogs have a better sense of taste and smell than humans, yet they turn around after they finish their business and dig right in like it's a piece of pie.

If your dogs do this, you need to change foods. My mini-doxie is allergic to grass (sad given his legs are three inches long and he is partially paralyzed), so we switched to a no grain food. No more poo-eating.
Dogs are omnivorous, but wouldn't have made flour and processed corn or any other type of grain. If your dog's food has these, they will pass through, poorly digested and come out smelling like what is in their food bowl. A grain-free diet is more fully digested making for small, firm, almost odorless poo. His is small enough it is just bigger than bunny poop.
Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If that's what makes a Whopper(r) as good as it is, I'm all for it. Seriously, the Whopper(r) is the best fast-food burger out there. Of course there are the calories to deal with, but that's beside the point.

In terms of eating horse, it's a little gamey, but very lean, a bit darker than hamburger. People who are used to the more bland taste of hamburger wouldn't like it. There was once a horse meat butcher shop close to where I lived. The horseburger was a little less expensive than hamburger. Most people I served it to did not take to it. Of course, it might have been because they knew it was horse.
edit on 2/4/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Bah...you'all are silly. I have had bear, deer, opossum, raccoon, squirrel, rabbit, duck, goose, chicken, cow, (apparently horse), ox, buffalo, elk, moose, reindeer....I might have had some dog and cat considering how much I like asian food....tons of mammals...even some not listed...I am sure.

Point being...we are Omnivores...we eat anything and everything...you are attaching values and that is ridiculous....I will pretty much eat anything that does not eat me first....that is the natural way.

I like eating meat....if you don't...go on and eat some grass...and when it's time for the carnivores to evolve again and rely heavily on the intake of herbivores...we'll put you on the menu...silly -silly human...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Should we start calling this new menu item....The "Triple Crown" Burger?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo

If your dogs do this, you need to change foods. My mini-doxie is allergic to grass (sad given his legs are three inches long and he is partially paralyzed), so we switched to a no grain food. No more poo-eating.
Dogs are omnivorous, but wouldn't have made flour and processed corn or any other type of grain. If your dog's food has these, they will pass through, poorly digested and come out smelling like what is in their food bowl. A grain-free diet is more fully digested making for small, firm, almost odorless poo. His is small enough it is just bigger than bunny poop.
Just a thought.

I don't have dogs. It was just an observation. But if I ever do get dogs, I'll know this now. Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join