It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King reveals its burgers were contaminated in horsemeat scandal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hi alll
sry if this has been posted I searched and didnt see it

I eat burger king alot. They say its only trace amounts of horse dna but its still horsemeat

www.guardian.co.uk...

Burger King has revealed that some of its burgers were contaminated in the horsemeat scare, as the tainted food crisis threatened to undermine the confidence of consumers, and major retailers tried to protect their reputations.

The fast food company, whose products were not tested in the food standards checks by Irish authorities that sparked the furore earlier this month, moved production from the Silvercrest plant in Ireland to Germany and Italy as a precaution. On Thursday night it said test results at the plant revealed "very small trace levels" of horse DNA in its products, but burgers taken from restaurants had tested negative

Oh my.. I wonder how many people in Europe ate a horsemeat burger,and I wonder if the US burgrer kings were contaminated.. That means I ate one :

As governments in Ireland, the UK and Poland, where a supplier used by Silvercrest for a year is thought be the source of the contamination, continued their investigations, Burger King admitted that, contrary to previous assurances made to it by Silvercrest, it too had now been linked to the scandal. Authorities insist there is no health danger to consumers

edit on 31-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Really? I'm so shocked to hear this. Who would have ever thought any of the fast food junk was junk?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Yummy, so that's why the last burger I ate from Burger King tasted so good!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm appalled that Burger King is still in business. Their burgers are sad. If you ask for no smoke flavor, it tastes like mushy blandness. Nothing is fresh at all. I mean seriously, how stupid do they think we are? Smoke flavor from a gas grill? They had the audacity to say the smoke flavor came from the flame-broiling process and was not an add-in.

I've only eaten there twice, regretfully. I was forced to as it was the only place that particular PX had. Needless to say I either didn't eat at all, or brought my lunch from the hotel for the rest of the mission.

It's disgusting, and they dare charge our soldiers for it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
and whopper wins by a nose!

nom nom nom!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"dead horse flesh!?!? thats absolutely disgusting.... i ordered dead cow flesh!"
yeah horses are smarter and more individualistic than cows but so are pigs and we have no problem eating those

people are weird

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Meh its horse meat.........all sorts of cultures eat horse meat......

we even have some factories here in the US that process horse meat

And dont give me all the stuff about horses and their intellect and all that......

I love horses, I use to train horses, I worked on a ranch that bred and sold arabs, over 80 horses at any given moment.........

So ya.....i get it, I know how smart they are , I know the connection you get with them, would I eat MY own horses that I have now? hell no!

But I wouldnt eat a pig if it was a companion either, and I love bacon
edit on 31-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
At least they didn't find the jockeys DNA.

Seriously though, horses are meat in other cultures so I think more of a concern is not that Princess Trottsalot got grinded up, but unless you grow/collect/raise your own produce you have no idea what your eating.
edit on 31-1-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's just horse meat, same as any other animal. you people are acting like its dangerous or something.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I don't eat at fast food places at all. Really the majority of food and drink choices are empty calories; overly processed food that has no and/or very little nutritional value.

I find it is much healthier to eat my meals at home. I have control over the quality of food; and plus it is easier on the ole pocket book.

I wish much of society would wake up and realize and care about all the junk they are putting into their bodies.

There is an old saying: "You are what you eat"; so true.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As far as i know it is not uncommon to eat horse meat in europe and if you live in U.S this concerns you? Ask a European if they sell horse meat there.

The article said "trace amounts of DNA" at one plant but none in the actual burgers.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

So what its just horsemeat... I didnt order horsemeat, so dont feed it to me

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo
I'm appalled that Burger King is still in business. Their burgers are sad. If you ask for no smoke flavor, it tastes like mushy blandness. Nothing is fresh at all. I mean seriously, how stupid do they think we are? Smoke flavor from a gas grill? They had the audacity to say the smoke flavor came from the flame-broiling process and was not an add-in.

I've only eaten there twice, regretfully. I was forced to as it was the only place that particular PX had. Needless to say I either didn't eat at all, or brought my lunch from the hotel for the rest of the mission.

It's disgusting, and they dare charge our soldiers for it.

Why in the world would you go to Burger King home of the flame broiled whopper and then bitch because it's smoky tasting? If you wanted a nuked burger just go to Mc donalds. Some people make no sense anymore. smh

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
As far as i know it is not uncommon to eat horse meat in europe and if you live in U.S this concerns you? Ask a European if they sell horse meat there.

The article said "trace amounts of DNA" at one plant but none in the actual burgers.

the article headline says

Burger King reveals its burgers were contaminated in horsemeat scandal

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It doesn’t really bother me. There have been several instances with most of the Burger chains like this one. I think McDonalds had Kangaroo meat and there was one that had Earth worms. I have eaten food from all over the world sometimes you just try not to think about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

yeah i can respect that
its just really strange that you seem to care so much about it considering you couldnt tell the difference if you tried .....it had 0 impact on your life
and its not like were talking about it being like 30% horse or something
there were trace amounts of horse dna present if you were to do similar tests on any kind of food you are likely to find contaminate of some sort or another in minute quantities
its not as if they were purposely trying to fool you into purchasing horse meat rather than cow because it had higher profit margins or something

so all in all this just seems like a big fuss over some spilled milk

CX

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by goou111

Last Angus burger i had in there with all the crispy onion bits in it was simply stunning!

I'm not a big fan, but once in a blue moon i'll indulge. Cheesy chilli bites for starters too.

CX.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I don't see what the big deal is. Meat is just meat. It's not like their burgers were contaminated with e-coli again. As long as they don't find human DNA in Burger King's burgers it doesn't bother me- I've eaten stranger things than horse.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by goou111

Afterwards, did you have the urge to run quickly around your yard?

Anyway, if they are advertising beef burgers then it should be beef. If, in the future, they just state meat, beware.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Im sure that burger probably contained more meat from animals other than horse and cow.

Also eating horse meat is only a taboo in english speaking countries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join