It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK's Own Secret Area 51 - MOD HSE Testing Site, Buxton, UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
hi there,

great thread.

Please keep us updated , and a big hello to my fellow 28 dayers. ;-)

snoopyuk

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eniar
What's down those holes?
Whole area has civilian facilities around it, like a university and a bus stop, but hard to tell where the actual begins and ends in google maps.
Sounds pretty interesting place though. Been past Buxton and camped up at Edale for a walk at Kinder Scout.
I remember hearing sirens, though probably to do with the mining, never heard a blast afterwards.

Yep it's a pretty vast area and hard to tell where it starts and ends

Originally posted by eniarI assume those ammo bunkers in the South next to that raceway, are not accessible by foot?
Lots of things to check out on ground there. I'd say pinpoint and photo everything you can on the surface. The place doesn't really seem mysterious, but great for urban exploration. What do they do they really do there, Health and Safety always brings to mind men with clipboards and hard hats making sure a chair won't suddenly collapse.

Yes you can get in to some of the older bukers by skipping a fence it all depends how adventurous in your exploration you are, your best going on a weekend (and in the summer you get the bonus of watching free drifting and racing at the racetrack), there's also strange things like very very long testing tunnels with burnt out dummies tied to chairs and stuff and lots of underground bukers and shafts to explore.

The whole area has been military owned since the 1930's once known as RAF Harpur Hill which was the biggest ammo dump in the country with over 500 acres and underground stores and rail tunnels and a secret underground roadway system. Historical record here:
www.forces-war-records.co.uk...

Also worth noting from HSE's own site is that they have also been there since 1920
vt.hsl.gov.uk...

The underground network in use back then and today is very very expanse, they have strange things too like security from the local BHPSS security firm that go to places surrounding it in the middle of nowhere and have clocking on check points litterally in the middle of nowhere, much of their radio traffic is encrypted but i have heard some strange stuff in the clear.

I've not been up since the last video so I'll try and get back up in the next few days for more video and get some more info added to this thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
WEAPONS TESTING

They do a lot of weapons testing here today and even testing on things from trains to viruses, and on some pretty advanced weaponry too.

They've also done a lot of weapons testing and dumping in the past, here's one news report from The Derby Telegraph...

I FIRST met Bernard Foster when we were serving in the RAF together, during our National Service days, from 1949-51. Following my training, I was posted to RAF Harpur Hill, at Buxton, where I worked on bomb servicing. A lot of the work was on gas bomb disposal, which was a dangerous and unpleasant task. We used to handle mustard gas and phosgene gas, which was poisonous.

If you were exposed to mustard gas, you came up in blisters and it would keep recurring for years. We used to dispose of the gas up on the hills above Buxton. We had to pass through a cleansing unit first to check we had no lighters or matches on us. Then we would put on gas-proof overalls and gas masks and go up on a light railway into the hills.

We used to burn the gases with bleach to dispose of it. The process killed everything round about – all the trees and vegetation. They grow mushrooms up there now. When we came down, we had to strip off, leave our clothes in the contamination area, go through showers and then dress again.
Read more: www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk...

For a look at some of the stuff they do today this document makes very interesting reading...
www.eda.europa.eu...
edit on 11-2-2013 by lifttheveil because: Formatting

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Uh.... Its owned and run by the HSE (Health and Safety Executive), not the MoD.

Its not even secret, you can arrange tours. You can walk in and have a good mooch around without getting shot at, although security will ask you to leave, for your own safety.

They use it for conducting crash-tests, and incident tests, etc. Kind of like crash testing cars, but on trains and planes, and other stuff.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BMorris
Uh.... Its owned and run by the HSE (Health and Safety Executive), not the MoD.

Uh... yeah... that's the kind of information you can get from the website.

I've lived here all my life and can tell you a lot more

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i live not to far from there might have to go see

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Very interesting I also live close to Buxton and visit the town centre often,I'm interested in seeing and hearing more,certainly seems like something odd is going on but a lot of it looks abandoned,I mean what's the point of the warning signs when they are almost completely faded.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I live in Buxton and can dont think there is anything dodgy going on.

My GF dad drives diggers there so the "experts" can see what happened. Also my Brothers GF works in the labs up there.

Also my GF's dad owns the land where the old res is and few fields around there.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

The UK's Own Secret Area 51 - MOD HSE Testing Site, Buxton, Derbyshire, UK - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If this is a base like Area51 where are the guards?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I really don't see even a slight similarity to Area 51. Furthermore, I don't really get how this ties in with any kind of conspiracy? Is the conspiracy simply: trains were blown up, and because this place is a gov't facility and had similar trains before the explosion....conspiracy?

Because, trains?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I like the idea of the thread but think people are taking your Area 51 title and getting excited!

Im presuming that the implication with the trains is that 'they' may have 'practised' for 7/7 judging by the blown up carriages etc?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm not too far from Buxton. May well have to go and check this out, as well as Matlock on the way. Would love to find out more about these kind of going's on in Derbyshire.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's in private hands now. I personally think that's where all the covert stuff went down on British soil. Lots of American involvement there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join