It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK's Own Secret Area 51 - MOD HSE Testing Site, Buxton, UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The UK's Own Secret Area 51 - MOD HSE Testing Site, Buxton, Derbyshire, UK

OK, I have been reluctant to start a thread about this place as I live in a small country town but decided
it's time this place gets looked into...

So I bring to the attention of ATS...

The MOD Weapons Test Site, HSE Health & Safety Laboratories, Harpur Hill, Buxton, Derbyshire UK.

Pic taken at HSE Buxton Jan 2013 by lifttheveil

Here's a little background on the site...

It has always been MOD military owned land going back to war time and has a massive underground complex.

It was once known as RAF Harpur Hill but now the area goes under the umbrella of The Health and Safety Executive (HSE)

It has a massive underground network, a secret road network, and underground tunnels etc. that are in use and
expanded on today. There are links to the local Blackshaw Moor MOD training ground.

A lot of the older wartime bunker entrances can still be easily seen and it's a great place to visit for anyone interested in this kind of thing. Here is a short video I filmed yesterday of one of the older bunker/entrances,
even many of the older bunkers and entrances are still in use today...

I couldn't find any videos on Youtube showing this place well, so all the videos I'll be posting in this thread will
be taken by me, I took 3 yesterday and will get some more tomorrow, now onto the conspiracies of this place.....

They have a very weird set up here, aside from normal workers they also have a staff team of scientists that live,
eat, sleep and even exercise on the grounds (which they sure have a lot of) but never leave. The security here are just like the Cameo Dudes at area 51, they pull up on a hill top and watch you. It also has a wide area, sensors and CCTV, and much other Area 51 like features that I'll go into further on in the thread. There is also a big train conspiracy connected to the 7/7 London Bombings which I'll go into further in this thread in detail.

Actually, as I mentioned the trains it's probably good to give you a quick look at them to set the scene of this
place a bit more, I've took a lot of pictures close up myself of these trains I'll add further in the thread and some other very weird stuff but check these pics out of the train before I outline the conspiracy connected to the 7/7 London Bombings and this place, the pics are from an Urban exploration forum (People who search out abandoned, weird and derelict type places to photo and check them out)

HSE MOD Trains Pictures, Buxton HSL
www.28dayslater.co.uk...

OK, so as a little intro below are two videos that show this place in a little more detail that I took yesterday which also feature the trains. Notice how I had to go through a fence, down a hill, then through another fence that looked like private land (with private land signs) and then had to walk down a path and go behind one of
their buildings to actualy find the public footpath sign lol. I am told this is called plausible deniability, if some material or such is found on land they can simply say "that's public land"

More to follow in the next thread, I'm in a good position to report, get info and video this place as I live nearby,
have a dog that needs walking, have 2 friends who work there, have a good camera and also am a radio ham and can and have monitored some of their unencrypted radio transmissions, there is a lot I have to report about this place so please keep an eye and the thread and I appreciate any help, comments, info and input from other ATS members...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
doesnt seem very area 51ish to me. the sign even say syou can walk around just be careful lol the area 51 sign basically says if you go any farther they can kill you they dont tell you to stick to the foot path.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
S&F OP

I would however say that RAF machrihanish in Scotland is much more deserving (if I can say that) of the title of the “UK’s Area 51”, mostly because of its links to Area 51, it has been connected to Aurora, was going to be used as a emergency landing site for the Space shuttle and even had a team of SEALs based there during the cold war and I have also read somewhere of a possible alien connection.

www.secretscotland.org.uk...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'll have to go check that out,
I only live 10miles away in Macclesfield and have never heard of it.
S&f

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I thought it was Torchwood 3 in Cardiff?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
doesnt seem very area 51ish to me. the sign even say syou can walk around just be careful lol the area 51 sign basically says if you go any farther they can kill you they dont tell you to stick to the foot path.

I can see how you might get that impression from the OP, but as I mentioned above they have a huge area to play around with and most of it is not so easy to get to or completely off-limits. The 3 video's above only touch on the outskirts of this place, both visually and information wise. It's a local talking point of the weird stuff that goes on there but not much can be found online.

To give you an idea of the area and a few interesting views from above check out the following Google Flash earth Sattelite Images and interesting points on the map (you can zoom and and use other options to get your bearings)...

Underground Entrance
www.flashearth.com...

Air Shaft System
www.flashearth.com...

Underground Entrance
www.flashearth.com...

Unknown
www.flashearth.com...

I will be getting a lot more footage of different areas and adding a lot more detail and information (there is a lot to add) to the thread as it goes along, and the London 7/7 conspiracy talked about locally here but something i can't find mentioned anywhere on the web about this place is something I'd really like ATS to look into.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3
I'll have to go check that out,
I only live 10miles away in Macclesfield and have never heard of it.
S&f

It's well worth the journey over the Cat and Fiddle road mate, as you come into Buxton on the A537 turn right instead of turning left to go into Buxton and take your left at the crossroads of Dale Head/Axe Edge

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
S&F OP

I would however say that RAF machrihanish in Scotland is much more deserving (if I can say that) of the title of the “UK’s Area 51”, mostly because of its links to Area 51, it has been connected to Aurora, was going to be used as a emergency landing site for the Space shuttle and even had a team of SEALs based there during the cold war and I have also read somewhere of a possible alien connection.

www.secretscotland.org.uk...

I've still got a lot more to add, The 7/7 train conspiracy is something that needs looking into and there's a lot more to add, not to mention the strange new and fast ongoing planting of 1000's of trees they have (in the off-limits area) each one tagged and dedicated to un-named members of HSL staff of Harpur Hill who have lost their lives their in the 'line of work'. I'll be adding lots more info and also videos, pics, and radio transmissions 9most are digitally encrypted but some are in the clear)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

In that case if you have more to add then why is it not in your OP?

I mean planting trees doesn’t really sound to me like it’s a big deal and I don’t know what you mean about this 7/7 train conspiracy.

I still maintain that the other base I mentioned is more akin to the UK’s Area 51.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The OP was just an introduction to the place, theres no way I could cram everything about this place into one post and I have promised more furter details, explanations, pics and videos.

The further videos for example I haven't taken yet so I posted the only 3 I have which I shot yesterday, I have got some pics of the trains in more detail as me and two friends boarded them to check them out closer, I'll add them to my next post but it will take time as I have to upload each one from my phone to ATS so I can embed them in my post.

I mean planting trees doesn’t really sound to me like it’s a big deal and I don’t know what you mean about this 7/7 train conspiracy.

I will explain more about the trees and the trains in my next post when I've uploaded my pics to ATS to add to the thread.

I still maintain that the other base I mentioned is more akin to the UK’s Area 51.

That may be true, but unlike the base you mentioned I live near this one and for many years have monitored it, visited it and spoke to people who have worked their with their many strange stories. So I hope you can appreciate I know a lot about this place because of my position and location, and after being a member of ATS for many years I've kept quiet about it until now, and I was reluctant to bring it up as it's a small close knit town I live it, so, you know, I'm not looking for an argument or anything just reporting on something I've got knowledge of that may be of interest to other ATS members.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I love how in the US it's all very...

"You WILL be shot to death if you go past this sign!"

In Britain...

Originally posted by lifttheveil

"Things around here may get slightly noisy and possibly a little bit dangerous. Keep to the footpaths and, please, be careful."

Deliciously British.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together, I look forward to more.

S&F

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Can we also have Fort Halstead near Sevenoaks as another of the UK's very own Area 51s please? I think the development of our atomic bomb there must qualify it in some way?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
interesting thread, op, not gonna be around much for a few days, but flagged for later

reply to post by LiveForever8

so true!
"i say old chap, would you mind awfully just waiting here for a mo, we have some terribly dangerous things going on, wouldnt want you to get hurt, what?"

and..

"Doris will be here with the tea trolley shortly.... would you like a cushion?"

more concerned about H+S than protecting national secrets

screw guns, this is the real difference between the uk and the us!

pip pip!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The HSE Train Conspiracy

The trains at HSE have been there since at least 2000 posted on a local Buxton Facebook Group which never appeared on Google results due to being a local members only page and it's also common knowledge locally.

On 7th July 2005 the tragedy in London took place, known as the London 7/7 bombings. I won't outline the popular conspiracy theories about 7/7 as they have already been covered on ATS in detail however this video and this video are both worth watching.

After the London Bombings two things happened, the first was that 2 Urban Explorers, the first one in October 2010 and the 2nd in December 2010 both took and published pictures of the HSE trains online.

The next thing to happen was people started to ask questions and the two sets of 2010 photos were used as an example and reference (both sets here: www.28dayslater.co.uk... )

The explanation was that they were there in response to 7/7 but it was soon pointed out they were there since at least 2000. No more explanations have since been offered and no press have reported on it.

As promised here are the photo's from when we boarded the train, never before published online so exclusive to ATS and this thread. I'm not sure what information can be gleaned from the pics but it's nice to share them anyways...

I had to resize the pics to upload to ATS as there is a file size limit. If anyone wants the original size image of any of the pics let me know and I'll upload elsewhere and post the link.

Above is a look at two of the trains on the very short tracks to no-where in the open, in the next thread I'll post some pics of the trains we had a look at inside some of the many tunnels they have there, give me a few minutes though as I have to upload each one to ATS after resizing them....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

In the post above are some shots of the trains outside in the open and above are a few shots of ones in some of the many tunnels they have. This one had powered lighting.

As with the first set of pics, I had to resize the pics to upload to ATS as there is a file size limit. If anyone wants the original size image of any of the pics let me know and I'll upload elsewhere and post the link.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Dude this thread is turning more and more into a threat about train spotting.

What the hell do those pictures of old trains have to do with this being the UK’s Area 51?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Mate like I said above, I'm trying to add as much detail as I can.

You asked me to give more details about the train 7/7 conspiracy and I did along with pictures that I'd taken of what I am talking about. You also complained I wasn't adding all the info, to quote....

But when I go into detail it's not good? There may be details about the trains ATS members will pick up on for instance. And there is only so much you can put in a post, nobody likes to be bombarded with a wall of text, I'm also only human and can only type, upload and film at my own capable speed, believe me, if I could get out all the info about this place at once then I would do.

And on that note it's 1:10am here and I've been up since 7am so need to go to bed soon. I'll pick this thread up tomorrow and add more detail about the trains, trees, underground facilities, history, low key military traffic going in and out and strange and advanced weapons they develop down there along with some more video footage.

In the meantime if anyone else can share anything about this place please do add it to the thread, and if your thinking of visiting yourself and stray into areas here and there be carefull of holes and entrances in the ground, there's quite a lot around there like the one in the pic below taken a few hundred yards from the trains...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What's down those holes?
Whole area has civilian facilities around it, like a university and a bus stop, but hard to tell where the actual begins and ends in google maps.
Sounds pretty interesting place though. Been past Buxton and camped up at Edale for a walk at Kinder Scout.
I remember hearing sirens, though probably to do with the mining, never heard a blast afterwards.

I assume those ammo bunkers in the South next to that raceway, are not accessible by foot?
Lots of things to check out on ground there. I'd say pinpoint and photo everything you can on the surface. The place doesn't really seem mysterious, but great for urban exploration. What do they do they really do there, Health and Safety always brings to mind men with clipboards and hard hats making sure a chair won't suddenly collapse.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

S&F! Great thread!

I love urban exploring! Not only is it a lot of fun, urban exploring provides a unique glimpse into our nations' wartime attitudes and postures, it also demonstrates our fears on a massive level, I think anyways. It's a snapshot into our past.

Formerly, the region I currently live in was of critical importance during the Cold War, as there were many facilities tasked with carrying out SAC, or Strategic Air Command, duties and responsibilities. Many B-52s stood ready, only minutes from my house, poised to begin or END Global Thermo-Nuclear War.
During the Base Realignment and Closure Commissions, which closed hundreds of government and military facilities, over the past ten years or so, closed dozens of Cold War installations around here, including EWS.

I authored a thread last year on Urban Exploring. Check it out. It was fun! One of the places I visited felt reminiscent of Terminator 3 where they end up in that VIP facility hidden away in the mountains. I've got some great pictures of it.

Keep it coming bud!
-Cosmic

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Great thread LTE, Silent witness have been screening a two part episode "legacy" Where Leo the forensic sciantist investigates the death of a young man contaminated with isotope 233?.

It leads to an underground rail network transporting payloads of nuclear warheads and a fire in a tunnel where a warhead is badly damaged in a fire.

There are some referances to 28DL Cadre members, I call them, the guys "Cadre" out off respect as the website and threads they publish are an outstanding example off "British youth" and im lead to believe some are members off ATS,

Back to your site exploration i notished you have not much in the way off safty equipment !! bear that in mind next time LTE, And have ago at them manhole entrances ya never know ??

S&F . From a H&S old and bold..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join