It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do smart people, act so stupid?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Or, William, Shatner

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

Originally posted by hotel1
Light travels faster than sound that is why people often appear bright until you hear them speak, or as in your case follow simple instructions.
edit on 31-1-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

WRONG. Watch a video of someone playing an instrument and tell me if you saw before you heard it? Or if it was at the sametime.

Light is Sound!

That is a very accurate incorrect statement

edit on 31-1-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don't know why tbh. Growing up in high school its all about image.. I was class clown and adored by the masses. Yet even with all that messing around still got straight A's.

Although my acting the clown was down to my shyness at the time. I found it easier to fit in by being an idiot out of nervousness.

But now im fine just chilling back.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
So that it's more clear as to what I'm saying. Imagine sound as a big v8 that drinks up all the gas in the car for a short distance.

Light is a more economical car that travels a farther distance with he same amount of speed. What happens is noise runs out of gas and slows way down in the long run compared to light.

So I know what I'm talkin about. Didn't read any of the replies to the last one. Didn't need to.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Not all intelligent people act stupid. Maybe you are referring to knowledgeable people. People who are intelligent can figure things out fairly easy and can do almost anything. Einstein is an example. He could look at a bunch of information and talk to people and come up with an answer that worked. This is IQ or intelligence. Being booksmart is not the same, the mind's power is used by these people to act like a computer accessing a harddrive. A computer is a tool, not a mind. It takes a real lot of processing power to be able to figure things out.

Intelligence without knowledge is a waste but you have to understand perception to evaluate this. A person who is a very good and versatile farmer can fix everything and grow anything. This means he is very knowledgeable in what he perceives is important and has the intelligence to comprehend what action must be taken and when. Evaluating cost effectiveness of expenditures is a sign of intelligence, making sure the return is worth the investment. Using risk assessment is also a part of intelligence and applying caution is also a sign of intelligence.

From the above paragraph you should be able to see that the structure of our society is far from intelligent, Too much not fully evaluated risk, no evaluation of worthiness of investment, no learning from mistakes made. These are major signs of a very unintelligent society. There are very intelligent people in our society but they are suppressed by the form of Economy and corporate structure we have. Risk is looked at as a successful trait in our society instead of future security.

People who are knowledgeable try to say they are intelligent, and some of them are. Most are only booksmart though and they have gained a lot of influence in our society but can't evaluate things properly, using their knowledge to defend themselves. Big words are often used by these people, as soon as you challenge them the big words come out and are often misapplied to the situation. This is one of the reasons our country is failing. It is by far not the only reason but a combination of things. Don't worry, don't be intimidated by the knowledgeable but right now these that are knowledgeable in specific fields have a great influence on our society. Don't challenge them recklessly either, that could be suicide for your reputation.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

This is exactly why there is a maximum allowable IQ for LEO's. It was determined that people of average and above-average intelligence simply cannot stare at a location for hours, as required by any surveillance. Below-average folks, on the other hand, can stare at absolutely nothing stimulating for quite a while with the proper doughnut provisions.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Now the difference between light and noise. Light is a higher frequency. Noise is a lower frequency. We could hear light if we had the right receptacle. So light is noise. Just noise you can't hear.

Being more piercing it can travel farther and with the same speed it started with. As said before noise runs out of gas.

There both noise. but making it layman here so people can understand the difference between what we hear and what we don't.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join