It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment vs Endarknement (Disillusionment). A not so common perspective on truth...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Do you mean to say that enlightenment includes understanding ignorance as well as understanding itself?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Angle

Originally posted by Angle

reply to post by Itisnowagain

Emptiness is form.

Roger that

You want to remove my username from that post? What you just posted has nothing to do with me, so I would appreciate you not involving me in such an intellectually starved post.
edit on 4-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You could use some Tipex, you know, the white stuff you use to 'delete' cause em, I can't edit anymore. Ask everyone else to do so also.

Sorry, THE POST IS OFFICIALY NOT AFTERINFINITY'S.

I never meant to do so. It was an unfortunate, not on purpose mistake of mine. I suffer bad computer too, you know? Gees.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Do you mean to say that enlightenment includes understanding ignorance as well as understanding itself?

Enlightenment is the deep, profound understanding that there is NO definable self. Consciousness can not be an object to itself. Your eye can not look back at itself, it can only see itself in a mirror. So when you see the mirror image of your eye, the image is not the eye itself, it's a reflection.

Sounds like a no brainier when applied to that example. But many spritual seekers stay stuck on the hamster wheel of enlightenment, because they still believe AND identify with, the image of themselves in their mind's mirror. That image is the self you think you are. And it is that false self, which is attempting to enlighten itself. But a mirage can never be enlightened.

So the SELF that is seeking enlightenment, the SELF that needs help and needs to be worked on, the SELF that is trying to resurrect ...does not exist. The projected image and idea you have of yourself can never be the real you. So the self that you believe to be you, is a fiction. A very convincing one...

It is that false self, which we are attempting to enlighten. It will fail every time. Like pouring water on a picture of a plant to make it grow, while the actual plant dies of thirst.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Interesting post. I've made the argument that, on a metaphysical level, heaven would be a sea of awareness, knowing everything at all times. Every single moment in every single space of existence throughout the entire universe, the intimate lives of every living thing ever to exist, every idea to ever be born, all experienced personally through an eternal moment of remembrance. We are not an individual, we are all the same being, the same mass memory.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Can continious enlightening of this false self lead to the death of it? Another way to go I assume. Hurting it with truth. An easy way. One can behave very humoristic because of. We suffer too, I know.

Very enlightened post Visitor2012.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Interesting post. I've made the argument that, on a metaphysical level, heaven would be a sea of awareness, knowing everything at all times. Every single moment in every single space of existence throughout the entire universe, the intimate lives of every living thing ever to exist, every idea to ever be born, all experienced personally through an eternal moment of remembrance. We are not an individual, we are all the same being, the same mass memory.

That sounds like a description of hell.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Another take on it:

Can it understand solely because of understanding the ignorant. Beginning with seeing ignorance whereafter truth itself just boils up from within.

Rereading it it just sounds so obvious.

Hnn?..
edit on 4-2-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Another take on it:

Can it understand solely because of understanding the ignorant. Beginning with seeing ignorance whereafter truth itself just boils up from within.

Rereading it it just sounds so obvious.

Hnn?..

Yes, in fact there's a particular type of yoga or path called "Neti Neti" or "not this", some call it 'Negation', or 'what I am not' , this is called jnana yoga. there is another more swift one which takes you to the I AM much quicker, but it is suited for those who can truly and genuinely follow it through since it opens meditation much quicker. This is the 'Witness' method, or the 'Who am I" introspection method. Regardless of which path you take, (there are millions), they should ultimately take you to the permanent meditative state. That's the fertile ground.

That's where the questioner is revealed.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Namaste?

Thank you, whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Do you follow this path? I read your signature: I can awaken from a dream but the dreamer will not be there nor will it be the dreamer that awakens.

This is what the negation does isn't it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So this false self is the physical eye that see it's reflection and the reflection is what is real and kills the false self.

Ah, ey??

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
When you look in the mirror, the real you is the one behind the reflection of your physical body.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Can continious enlightening of this false self lead to the death of it? Another way to go I assume. Hurting it with truth. An easy way. One can behave very humoristic because of. We suffer too, I know.

Very enlightened post Visitor2012.

When we abide in the meditative state, the 'self' and its thoughts, burn, and eventually fades or collapses from lack of attention. And there are unlimited methods to attain the meditative state. Some are dangerous, some are easy.

That's the only thing we CAN do, go into the meditative state. But the unfolding, happens of its own. There isn't a self that is unfolding itself.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Namaste?

Thank you, whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Do you follow this path? I read your signature: I can awaken from a dream but the dreamer will not be there nor will it be the dreamer that awakens.

This is what the negation does isn't it.

A very powerful form of negation, yes. To see that the imagined self disappears, when the true self awakens.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

There is a self but any thoughts trying to label it is just a thought. The self is silence where all thoughts and actions arise.

Desire/will is not freely chosen. Desire/will arises based on experiences and circumstances. Maybe the only argument for free will can be "we choose to ACT on the desire or not" and I am not even 100% sure of that.

The point is. Reality is happening, trying to label it will lead to a circle of thoughts. To attach to reality where all things are born and destroyed will lead to suffering, even if it is the so-called "MY" apparent body. Even this body will pass and go...

It seems that the true nature is dettachment and just watching things come and go...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It seems that the true nature is dettachment and just watching things come and go...

The ironic thing is people who are good at this is them old sitting in wheelchairs in retirement home looking out the window and watching the activity of the world outside.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Now that they can do that, they probably think: "I wasted all of my life".

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
sad part is the fact it may be the same 1z who think its not them looking out the window the irony

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Yoga Fire, Yoga flame..

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
somewhat based on if you look its in "there" so then follow like fishing but not like phishing. you looked

1 scans =
interconnected interface seekers digital group(S) w/b/hts but no tinfoils
edit on 2/5/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join