It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment vs Endarknement (Disillusionment). A not so common perspective on truth...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
1. The Darkness was here first

The Ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Nordics, and Native Americans will tell you this as you can see from their mythologies. Even in the book of genesis of the bible (Which Christians and Jews are supposed to believe in) it says that the light was created. "Let there be light"

2. Darkness is eternal

From Chaos there is Order, but then that Order needs to be established/protected because it will easily break down to return to Chaos. Even our physical laws were from chaos as gravity and physical laws may change from planet to planet and in outer-space you can walk in any direction. Logic is order established from Chaos

3. Enlightenment vs Disillusionment

Enlightenment is described differently but the common theme I see is "knowing everything" understanding that all is "one" as "light". These people are the truly lost ones. Identifying with the light IS the illusion. The light is being experienced but some get so pulled in they start to believe they ARE the light. Understanding that the light is one thing just moving is to become disillusioned. Understanding that you do not know everything even if you feel that you do - is understanding that there are things which may be out of our awareness, that which we do not know and aren't even aware that we do not know therefore believing that we know everything.

4. Soul versus Spirit.

The Spirit is Ego. It is the light, the personality. The accumulation of energy such as thought-waves (and therefore opinion, belief, and emotion). It is an accumulation of energy - not the real "you". It is your "dream" body so to speak, as your physical body is a more solid form of light.

The Soul is darkness. It is like a black hole, it takes in this light experience without judging, but once it "takes" it doesn't keep. It releases. The darkness takes, but then releases, thus staying dark. The spirit moves with passion/intention as a part of the light.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So if our souls are black holes, does that mean we feed on happiness? I don't feel like a Dementor... Anyway, everything is made of energy. Energy isn't darkness.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I hereby claim you to be an intelligencewarrior.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
1. The Darkness was here first

The Ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Nordics, and Native Americans will tell you this as you can see from their mythologies. Even in the book of genesis of the bible (Which Christians and Jews are supposed to believe in) it says that the light was created. "Let there be light"

2. Darkness is eternal

From Chaos there is Order, but then that Order needs to be established/protected because it will easily break down to return to Chaos. Even our physical laws were from chaos as gravity and physical laws may change from planet to planet and in outer-space you can walk in any direction. Logic is order established from Chaos

3. Enlightenment vs Disillusionment

Enlightenment is described differently but the common theme I see is "knowing everything" understanding that all is "one" as "light". These people are the truly lost ones. Identifying with the light IS the illusion. The light is being experienced but some get so pulled in they start to believe they ARE the light. Understanding that the light is one thing just moving is to become disillusioned. Understanding that you do not know everything even if you feel that you do - is understanding that there are things which may be out of our awareness, that which we do not know and aren't even aware that we do not know therefore believing that we know everything.

4. Soul versus Spirit.

The Spirit is Ego. It is the light, the personality. The accumulation of energy such as thought-waves (and therefore opinion, belief, and emotion). It is an accumulation of energy - not the real "you". It is your "dream" body so to speak, as your physical body is a more solid form of light.

The Soul is darkness. It is like a black hole, it takes in this light experience without judging, but once it "takes" it doesn't keep. It releases. The darkness takes, but then releases, thus staying dark. The spirit moves with passion/intention as a part of the light.

Hm... I sort of kind of see where you're coming from.

But two main things:

1) You say the common theme of 'enlightenment' is 'knowing everything.' Hardly. Sure, maybe some lost people 'grasping' for enlightenment think that enlightenment is 'knowing everything,' but I have never seen an Ascended Master nor a bodhisattva claim that enlightenment is 'knowing everything.' Far from it really.
Enlightenment, from my 'understanding', is pretty closely related to what you claim the dark does in your 4th section. You say the dark 'releases.' Well...this is what enlightenment is as well. It is releasing yourself form the suffering, the ego, the struggle, the thoughts, the wants, the needs, the desires. It is letting go. Enlightenment is not obtained nor something to be sought, it simply 'is.' It is the state of All There Is. It is the Natural State of the Universe. It is our human thoughts and ego and desires which keep us from realizing this. If you let go of the 'desire' to 'be enlightened' you will realize you already are.

2) You say the "Spirit is Ego."
I disagree. Spirit is the Source which is the Higher Self which is the Soul. There is no separation. The Ego is consists of the desires and wants and needs and thoughts. The Ego judges and condemns. The Ego suffers.
Once you release the Ego then you are Pure Spirit. Pure observation. Pure Love.

If we could actually 'see' this reality without the use of our eyes....(I believe) all that would exist is Light. Light permeates the entire Universe. The only place we so far assume there is no light is in Black Holes and Black Matter. Both of which are still not fully understood.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts though.
I think we're all after the same thing, no matter what words we use.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So if our souls are black holes, does that mean we feed on happiness? I don't feel like a Dementor... Anyway, everything is made of energy. Energy isn't darkness.

You did not understand. There is the soul behind it all (the darkness / blackhole) AND the spirit (the light - ego - personality) is being experienced by it. The Spirit connects with others and give (and sometimes take) it is the PERSONALITY. The soul is just taking it all in experiencing it all.

If you disagree that is fine, but the reality will not change that All is just flickering light (energy) in the midst of nothingness.

To say light is first is to disagree with the bible and many, many ancient mythologies. "Let there be light" - light created, darkness first.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Of course darkness came first. Light does not come without effort. Darkness is the basest of forms. It is pure chaos, pure nonsentient being. It is complete ignorance, even of existence. If you have to start at the very bottom and work your way to the top, that's it. Right there. Why do you think they say "in the beginning, there was darkness"? That's what darkness is. Complete and total nonexistence. But what if there was existence, but nothing was aware of it? Nothing processes existence the way we do.

And light is complete awareness. Of course, they're both the same thing really. That's what I find beautiful about infinity. It includes both negative and positive numbers in one long, perfectly balanced sequence. Knowing absolutely everything would mean you possess the awareness of absolutely everything, which literally eliminates you as an individual. You are everything. You are all of time and space in one mind, one thought. If literally every impression that ever existed or ever will exist anywhere in the universe all happened in one everlasting moment chronicling thousands of eternities worth of information inside your mind, would you be anything? Anything at all? Or would the entirety of your being literally become the information you were processing? The peak of empathy and love. Seeing everything that has happened and ever will happen, and taking joy in everything you see. Literally, becoming godlike.

So, you see, pure darkness and pure light are the same thing. Neither allows you to see clearly, both evoke a deep and fiery passion, and both will inevitably doom you. That's why balance is key. Shadows and candle light both have their uses, and in moderation, both can empower all of us. I'm not sure if that's where you were going with it, but personally, I think the whole idea is staggering.
edit on 31-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Darkness is NOT non-existence. It is non-form (non-physicality). Light is the basis of physicality. The basis of ego, personality, thought, emotion, and false-identification. The light appears and disappears but some get attach to it believing themselves to be the "light" feeling suffering and fear as it changes and disappears.

Understanding that like is an illusion - just a flickering appearance in the midst of eternal darkness. What "knowledge" could there be? There is only knowledge based in the illusion. That knowledge is only important HERE in this light illusion called "world".

How do you know if you know everything? How can you know that there isn't more? You can't know that with absolute certainty. Yes, there are positive numbers and negative numbers, but that which is neither is zero. It is from zero that "numbers" exist and become negative or positive.

Just like Energy/Light/Electricity will be "positive" or "negative".

Empathy/Love can only exist in the physical existence (including the light-body some call spirit). It is appreciating or caring for another "THING" or "SOMEONE". All of this can only exist with the light, without light there isn't love, but there wouldn't be the need for it either if it wasn't for "form" (and therefor "pain" and "pleasure").

Wanting to become "god-like" is the ultimate sign that you are caught in the illusion. You want to rule over the flickering light which makes its appearance and disappears. You are chasing for the control over an illusion, just as those chase for control the dream (lucid dreaming). But ultimately it is just another experience in another type of illusion-existence.

Learning to let go is the path of darkness. It absorbs - yes, but then it releases otherwise it couldn't stay dark. When it gives birth to light, the light APPEARS to CONTROL for a WHILE, until it is reabsorbed (burnt out).

Everything in this physical world becomes created and breaks down. You can not hold on to it forever. Even the Light-Body will change, as it is an accumulation of thought/emotion/opinion.
edit on 31-1-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ok...synchronicity here for me. I was just about to write something about this...maybe I still will so if I do don't be offended and I didn't steal the idea.

In the Movie Poltergeist the medium first tells the little girl Carol Ann NOT to go into the light.
That has always made me think WHY? Then she sends the mom through and starts to tell others to go into the light! The Husband/Father Steven argues and disagrees and YELLS!

You said DON'T go into the light!!!
and then pulls them back through and they are Re-Birthed LITERALLY!!!

Brought back into the light! Is the light a conduit back into this world over and over again, like moths to the flame we are brought back to earth, because we believe that the light is the escape?

Now a Christian will jump on this and say she was guiding them into the light to be with God and a bunch of Born again stuff...but think about this first!

This is a movie made by one biggest movie makers in Hollywood (not known for wholesomeness) Steven Spielberg who also is not Christian (and is Elite or Illuminati whatever) and is about the after life and what happens when we die...

In that end scene IN THE LIGHT we see a horrible creature a monstrosity of an evil head come through like it wants to devour the Dad/Husband.

Does something like a lantern fish feed off our energy with a false light? Waiting and lurking in the darkness of the afterlife with a light to draw in lost souls??? (Here a Christian would assert yes Satan/Lucifer is that false light) but the question would still be then where is God if not in the light?

And is darkness the escape? Is God in the Darkness? I swear to you I have been search is God in Darkness because of that Genesis quote!

I still might write my thread but this was great!
edit on 31-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

The book of revelations also say that in the end when you are in heaven you will worship for all eternity, day and night, without rest with four beast saying "holy, holy, holy, the lord god almighty!". Interesting connection.

The darkness reveals truth. In the light, people try to act on their best behavior - falseness- fear of being seen. In the darkness where they feel they are not seen, they are more true to themselves.

If we all lived in darkness and people felt they weren't watched do you think most would still be trying to act "good" or will they live in honesty of themselves? the honestly seems more likely, and yes, I know such a world would not be safe, but I'm just telling the truth...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

The book of revelations also say that in the end when you are in heaven you will worship for all eternity, day and night, without rest with four beast saying "holy, holy, holy, the lord god almighty!". Interesting connection.

The darkness reveals truth. In the light, people try to act on their best behavior - falseness- fear of being seen. In the darkness where they feel they are not seen, they are more true to themselves.

If we all lived in darkness and people felt they weren't watched do you think most would still be trying to act "good" or will they live in honesty of themselves? the honestly seems more likely, and yes, I know such a world would not be safe, but I'm just telling the truth...

Why do fear the darkness so then? That is my conundrum and I do know the true self of the night but honestly do not always like that about myself or others. Makes you think though...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

We're taught to fear the darkness, because it's when we're afraid that we're most easy to control.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Darkness is NOT non-existence. It is non-form (non-physicality). Light is the basis of physicality. The basis of ego, personality, thought, emotion, and false-identification. The light appears and disappears but some get attach to it believing themselves to be the "light" feeling suffering and fear as it changes and disappears.

If you are aware, that is light, right? Illumination. Any kind of awareness is illumination. So if there is perfect darkness, there is no illumination. No awareness. And if light is the basis of physicality, then perfect darkness would be the complete absence of anything to have a consciousness at all. Altogether, perfect darkness is nonexistence. But like I said, nonexistence can be exactly the same as omnipresence. Nonexistence means nothing more than "doesn't have an individual consciousness or form". There is no "me", there's only the pure impression of all of eternity happening in the space of an unending breath. That's nothingness. That's everything-ness. That is unity.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I disagree, awareness is not illumination. Illumination is information/knowledge. Think of Prometheus bringing the torch of fire from the gods or Lucifer bringing the light of knowledge to humanity. Awareness is the emptiness - the great "to be" . The light is "to be THIS" or "to be THAT". The darkness is AWARE of the light passing through. The light is the show (experience).

To identify with light is a mis-identification. The light appears and disappears, it comes and goes, it moves and it changes. Just like the thoughts that the mind is aware of. The mind is empty/darkness, the though/image is the light passing through.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Light is a funny thing. It is used as an antonym and synonym by both the forces of good and evil.

Illuminati and counter-illuminati. Light outside the self and light within the self.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

"Good" and "Evil" are labels all here in this matrix of light. Positive and Negative of the energy. The darkness contains it. Beings of darkness are those who watch those entranced by the light.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So night or darkness is something man lives in.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That post doesn't even make sense. Can you try to explain more clearly?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
[color=cyan]

It is as if some feel 1 CREATOR Creation is better then the other

that LIGHT DARK separations MANIFESTATIONS are based off spectrum or color?
SEPERATIONS SOME/YOU SAY of LIGHT AND DARK

but what is the discussion HABITAT EXISTENCE
or on EA*RTH what's understood to come from the HEART/ OR COMPASSION

So as 1 observes present in this Light /Dark conversation
as another member posted clarified should be, the synonyms and acronyms
in these word play relations?

Its feels that Light no matter
seems hated on or disliked by those in possible Darkness chapters?

who wish many remain illucient and dark
and seem to fear ANY SIGNS OF A (Peaceful) SPARK

so clarity within this post maybe shared/

issues experienced right here on EA*RTH

/of they feel better then them

with those of YOU who truly care

Asks in which form of Light and Dark (beings) ? or (behavior) are we/many discussing?

is it to share enlighten data or really about nothing

Nothing the says but how?? so for ?

For if intents are only to name call 1 or the other
the dark or light within IS then is explored

with that the message is for those or the
who speak so down on different CREATOR ENERGY*

as if their Creation process is better then another
ignoring the FACT /FROM SAME CREATOR reguardless-- NO OTHER

and spew the projections of Doubt in the minds
AGAIN IS THE INTENT TO ENLIGHTEN or distract with artificial lines

of how this 1 is better then that CREATOR Creation

again DECIDING LIGHT AND DARK BALANCE
with intents and ACTIONS TAKEN

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE

edit on 1/31/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
so it basically seems that you have potential to sway between darkness or brightness IN SPIRIT/SOUL/INTERNAL ENERGY form based on YOUR intents.......

But being a being(s) who dwells in darkness PHYSICALLY or light as personally by 1 shared does not make a SPIRIT/SOUL/INTERNAL ENERGY dark or light its the intents performed in these zones. This again is a personal perspective view and no force on any wills exposed..

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

last in reference to let there be.... WHERE was the reference from to be introduced into the darkness... This which was let be? not challenging any just sharing as well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join