It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HHS Made $64.2 Billion in ‘Improper Payments’ in Fiscal 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wow! That's what happens when you abandon checks and balances and are writing checks from a bottomless bank account funded by the taxpayers... That's just HHS the big picture is equally disturbing.. Pay attention to HHS because they manage Obamacare.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) made $64.2 billion in “improper payments” in fiscal 2012, according to the federal website PaymentAccuracy.

The the bulk of those improper payments were made by Medicare and Medicaid, the government health-care programs.

The government defines an “improper payment” as one that is not backed up by documentation, is used by the recipient in an improper manner, goes to the wrong recipient, or goes to the right recipient but is an overpayment or underpayment.

OOOPS!

The HHS made the $64.2 billion in improper payments in fiscal 2012 through five programs that the Office of Management and Budget calls “high-error programs." These programs and their improper payments for FY2012 were:

Medicare Fee-for Service -- $29.6 billion

Medicaid -- $19.2 billion

Medicare Advantage (Part C) -- $13.1 billion

Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit (Part D) -- $1.6 billion

Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) -- 0.7 billion

And how will these same morons effectively manage Obamacare in a fiscally responsible manner?? Skies the limit folks!!

cnsnews.com...

To get the full and bloody details click on a specific program here..
www.paymentaccuracy.gov...

Just the projections for Improper payments into the future (2014) will blow your mind. In the worst program 2012 saw 8.5% in improper payments their goal for improvement in 2013 is 8.3%. WTF! If I turned in those kind of numbers to my board I'd be fired. Better yet, I'd be fired for overseeing $64.2 billion in improper payments. Period. Obamacare is building up to be a disastrous Black HOLE!!
edit on 31-1-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
ironic that when obamacare was first proposed they claimed that they would offset some of the cost of it by reducing medicare/medicaid fraud and improper payments.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wish I could use some really foul language right now. Why in the F$#$ should I pay taxes to fools that pour the money on the ground? I am wondering just when people are going to pull their collective heads, out of their collective butts. Why are we as Americans putting up with this crap? The Government mis-manages our money while increasing OUR bills to cover for THEIR stupidity.

Damn.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Mamatus because: Cant see straight so pissed off.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You did notice that all these improper payments seem to have gone to "the medical or Pharmaceutical industry" and not directly to the individuals.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

unchecked govt handouts!! That's how the Pell Grant and Govt. Student loan programs work. The govt. provides easy money to the students and the Colleges continue to raise tuition and salary rates for admin. and tenured faculty. No questions asked. Its a mess all over the place...

Time for the well to run dry.... and time for swift and strict accountability. We'd all benefit in the long run....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Nice a thread about the clear cut wasting of nearly a trillion dollars and it gets barely noticed. When anyone asks me what is wrong with this country I will point out this thread. People getting hell bent of guns yet it does not even bother them that they are getting robbed, worse yet that they are volunteering to waive their Fifth Amendment to do so.......

Should change the motto of this site from "Denying Ignorance" to "Embracing Complacency".

Where is the mad? Why do you ignore this while dedicating a dozen pages to an old UFO hoax. I don't get it ATS'ers, you could be so much more.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Nice a thread about the clear cut wasting of nearly a trillion dollars and it gets barely noticed. When anyone asks me what is wrong with this country I will point out this thread. People getting hell bent of guns yet it does not even bother them that they are getting robbed, worse yet that they are volunteering to waive their Fifth Amendment to do so.......

Should change the motto of this site from "Denying Ignorance" to "Embracing Complacency".

Where is the mad? Why do you ignore this while dedicating a dozen pages to an old UFO hoax. I don't get it ATS'ers, you could be so much more.

I shake my head in amazement everyday around here. A recent Lady Gaga partying at the WH thread went on for 8 pages and 60 plus flags. One has to certainly wonder....

Thanks for contributing to this thread!!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
guess 'Gummint Wastes Tons of Money' isn't exactly news any more.
I worry about the dumbed down culture. too many seem infinitely more worried about Beyonce and the Kardashians than the real world.

keep those bread and circuses coming!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Did you see this:
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Department of the Treasury
Paid Out $55.4B
Improper Payment $12.6B
That means that 22.7% of what the Treasury paid out was Improper.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

If you think that is improper think about how much I gave to the Treasury just so they could piss it away?
Now I am off to be a star and flag whore and make a thread about Lady Ga Ga's stance on assault weapons......

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by fltcui

If you think that is improper think about how much I gave to the Treasury just so they could piss it away?
Now I am off to be a star and flag whore and make a thread about Lady Ga Ga's stance on assault weapons......

OOOH! OOOH!! PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT LADY GAGA'S STANCE ON ASSAULT WEAPONS!

that would be some REAL news I can use!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I also find it strange that this isnt getting alot of attention. How could we get this info out to the public, so they could see the direct effect of our govnt. They probaly wouldnt believe it anyway..

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I wish I could use some really foul language right now. Why in the F$#$ should I pay taxes to fools that pour the money on the ground? I am wondering just when people are going to pull their collective heads, out of their collective butts. Why are we as Americans putting up with this crap? The Government mis-manages our money while increasing OUR bills to cover for THEIR stupidity.

Damn.

I have NOT .... I quit paying federal and state taxes here in VA 7-8 years ago. I can not willfully support the system as it stands now. I pay my local county taxes only. Sure I pay the embedded sales taxes and fuel tax but I am limiting the amount that I am exposed to also.....

Now, I have caught Franklin County, VA using a piece of commercial property at Smith Mountain Lake as part of their "reassessment base data" of real estate sales. I am slowly investigating the problem but the county and the company that did the reassessment are not very cooperative.

Government corruption has become systemic the same way the drive for profits have corrupted corporations.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If the Government offered $20 reward checks to citizens who report faulty Medicare billings......

The number would be dramatically higher.

You have seen labs/hospitals/clinics submit faulty bills to the Govt....for things/services you never got.

Most people never report it. Why bother? They've got better things to do.

If there was a reward to report those faulty billings the Govt. picks up.........boy the world would stand still.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I am wondering just when people are going to pull their collective heads, out of their collective butts. Why are we as Americans putting up with this crap? The Government mis-manages our money while increasing OUR bills to cover for THEIR stupidity.

Damn.

You're awake and you are putting up with this [snip]. So you can't really have a go at people who are asleep and unaware of this [snip].

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.
Be the change you want to see in this world.

---

The bit that gets me about this is that if our global financial system was not based on fraud, fakery an non-existent debt, every country in the world would be free, and every country could provide the level of medical care that billionairss have access to all for the grand cost of $0.00.

Don't let TPTB spray your venom in the wrong direction.

edit on 2-2-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Unfortuately it seems that if you make a thread title that reflects its content accurately, and refrain from fearmongering then it gets ignored.

Also the financial shennanigans currently under way across the world don't get much attention beause its too difficult for many to get their heads round.

However, there is hope, because once you really wake up to the economics and the entirely fraudulent and ficticious nature of the world monetary system you can NEVER fall asleep again. It's not much to hold onto but it is something.

top topics

join