It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Wake Up Down There!" A Reminder About John Keel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
As I was clicking through this site, in particular the recent Ivan Sanderson thread, it occurred to me that I haven't seen much about John Keel lately.

The Mothman Prophecies was big a few years ago and was based on his book of the same name but that movie really wasn't very good and muddied the muddy waters even more.

So, if you like the UFO and paranormal threads and haven't read his work before, then check out The Mothman Prophecies here:

www.niontron.com...

Oh, and the quote "wake up down there" came from a weird voice that broke into a mundane phone conversation in Oregon in the 60's and is, in a meta sense, quite profound when applied to the human condition.

His book "Jado" about his search for the real Indian rope trick is great, too, and then there's Robert Anton Wilson, but that's another thread I guess...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

If I remember correctly, didn't Keel suggest that shining a light in the sky on a Wednesday at 10:00 at night would bring about some response? Now I'm going to have to reread the book and find that reference...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
As I was clicking through this site, in particular the recent Ivan Sanderson thread, it occurred to me that I haven't seen much about John Keel lately.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

He died in '09.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Heh, sounds familiar ...wasn't that the time of most UFO sightings?... and shining a light might have the best chance of response then... my memory isn't too great but stating anything with that much certainty kinda goes against his whole philosophy (or lack of one), maybe... I think.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Yes, re: his death... we can agree on that I suppose, though there's probably someone who's seen him at the local store just yesterday... also dead is Wilson and most of the others who planted all those nasty, frustrating seeds of forbidden knowledge in my head all those years ago... but thank whoever for books and the net, huh?

Seances just don't have the same capacity for referential knowledge.

top topics

join