It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are The Celtic Gods the real Gods? (Wish Well)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

A wishing well is a term from European folklore to describe wells where it was thought that any spoken wish would be granted. The idea that a wish would be granted came from the idea that water housed deities or had been placed there as a gift from the gods, since water was a source of life and often a scarce commodity.

The Germanic and Celtic peoples considered springs and wells sacred places.Sometimes the places were marked with wooden statues possibly of the god associated with the pool. Germanic peoples were known to throw the armour and weapons of defeated enemies into bogs and other pools of water as offerings to their gods.

~

I was like 10 in that time. But me and my brother remember like if it was yesterday. Because was just unbelievable. So here's the deal. I was with my mom, my brother, her friend and her sons. The son of my daughter friend was basically my best buddies after my brother.

We were at vacations in a place called "Caldas Novas" in Brazil. Know due to their amazing resorts. S o we decided to take a break on swimming, We heard about a Wishing Well next to out hotel and we decided to go there. There was this particular poor African like child that oversee the place. The place was almost Chinese/japanese in look. Full of wield life and insect noises. There was a strange energy of comport in the area.

After the tour, he showed to us a very small "river". He then asked us to trow a coin and thank for the wish. I wished for some PARTICULAR Pokemon cards. I was a huge fan of the show that time. My brother asked for a Gamecube, which was expensive and hard to come by. My friend asked for a species of dog "Labrador retriever".

I truly believed that the wishes weren't going to happen. But a part of me was. Then the unbelievable happened. Our wishes came true. In less than a month, m father bought a gamecube and gave us for surprise. it was just impossible. It was like a thousand bucks that time. Then i bought my Pokemon bundle, and the EXACTLY cards i asked were inside there. Those cards were extremely rare and expensive that time. Too bad people stole them from me.

Anyway, when i visited my friend house again. He told us to follow him. And we did. Until he pointed inside the bed. Under the bed was a small pup.

-----------------

This make me thing. How was this possible? So i decided to search about this but the only possible explanation was in the quote i provided. That he Nordic gods were real and decided to thank me for my coins and praying.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

They are no less real than any other fictional deity.

Even if God was real, do you really think that he/she would care about video games and Pokemon?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Even if God was real, do you really think that he/she would care about video games and Pokemon?

Celtic Gods don't care what you wish for. Unless you provide them a price:

Water was seen to have healing powers and therefore wells became popular with many people drinking, bathing or just simply wishing over it. Some people believe that the guardians or dwellers of the well would grant them their wish if they paid a price

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frocharocha

Celtic Gods don't care what you wish for. Unless you provide them a price:

Water was seen to have healing powers and therefore wells became popular with many people drinking, bathing or just simply wishing over it. Some people believe that the guardians or dwellers of the well would grant them their wish if they paid a price

He said they threw coins in.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Oh and i forgot. I asked in the wish to the card comes in a single pack of this one. Normally they come with around 5-10 cards.

So, the chances of the particular cards i asked when a child coming in those packs were ridiculous low.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Such things can happen. But it is not that one God or Phanteon is more real than another.

From those that search a Diety they shure will find one.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
So you're like what, 12 & 1/2 now or something?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
So you're like what, 12 & 1/2 now or something?

Nope. I'm way older lol. Those cards were released like ten years ago lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Have you ever heard of Law of Attraction? It is law of Thought and Light in order to keep fulfilling certain desires so that you can always long for more , more, more...

Maybe it was the desire that caused it and you thought it was the gods and now you'll have more desire. Or maybe, the gods fulfilled your desire to get you to worship and now will respond less...

All possibilities.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

A Game Cube, new, would have been around $100, give or take. I bought one for my oldest son at target, with a Zelda disc included, for around that, brand new. Even earlier, they were not a lot more, certainly not $1,000. The dog? Parents knew he wanted one, and got it. The cards? You happened to get the ones you wanted. IF there was something to all this other than happenstance, then I would still not call that a "god". Well, not a true one. There are false sorts around, that can, and will, do things to make you believe in them and follow them. Granting such wishes would be one method. You are already willing to consider they are real "gods", as a result of this. Be careful of strangers bearing gifts.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Pfft. Stop wasting your time with false gods.

The Æsir are the only gods, and among those, Thor and Heimdall are my Æsir.

Thor is the patron Æsir of explosives and CQC, Heimdall is the patron Æsir of ELINT and radio communications.

One day I'll cross the bifrost bridge into Valhalla and take my place at the seat of Heroes, and if you're really good, I'll let you bring me barbecue. If not, you can be my turnspit dogs.

top topics

join