It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packed Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well I'm about finished packing. I will be moving into an apartment Feb 1st thanks to living in a group home and being on SSI under a diagnoses.

Haha! No more group home! This means I'll get to eat meals I want to eat. This means no more bedbugs. This means no more annoying people or annoying staff members or annoying supervisor or provider to the group home since I wont be in a group home any further come Feb 1st around noon.

I use a mobile hotspot now but will be getting comcast's internet so I can down load from itunes some season finales to shows I missed being in the group home that had no cable T.V.

I don't think I'll be buying food to go in the frig/freezer. Nope, I think I'll be eating out by far. The location to the apt has lots of strip malls, so that'll be straight for me.

My new roommate will have his own room. Unlike how it is at this group home, where you have to share a room wth one other person. On Mondays, like twice or once a month, I'll be going to some kind of meetings. I can upgrade to independent living, but since semi-independent living is cheaper I think I'll stick with semi-independent living. Besides, I like the location the apt is in.

Lets see, I'm going to need some cleaning products, and that is about it. O! And a second change of sheets for the full size bed they got. The apt is furnished for the most part.

First movie I plan on seeing once I get settled in at the apt is Parker. Only problem with the location is I have to walk a mile to get to one of the roads where a local bus comes. A local bus used to come on the road I'll be living by but things changed over here. Anyway, the bus I will have to be taking to get to the theater I like is a straight shot to it.

And nope, I'm not mentally ill, I was just dianosed mentally ill. With SSI benefits I dont have to work anymore. The apt rent includes utilities except for cable T.V. And the rent is only $390. The rest of the SSI check is all mines to spend and save how I'd like.

I hope my new room mate is no problem for me. I don't want to be driven to independent living when I can save and remain in a good location that got a bunch of stores.

They are going to provide someone to train me to cook, but like I said I'l be eating out. Plus, I'll get me some T.V. dinners from the stores near by. I already can cook fairly enough with a skillet.

I couldn't get in to an apt unless I went and lived at a group home, by the way. That's just how it goes.

Good thing there aint really been any movies I wanted to see while I was living at this group home until Parker. I will also see Snitch and Fast and Furious 6 and Thor 2. Who knows what else since I got time on my side unlike you all who have to work.

I hope the room mate had the cable T.V hooked up. And if so, I hope he likes most of the shows I like. Either way, I'll have the net to download from then on anything I want to see that I can't see on T.V.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Congratulations man.. 1 mile walk isn't bad at all. I just got back from my first job interview in months. Guess what... I don't have a car.. Looked it up on google maps and it was 4 miles away. So I have just finished walking 8 miles there and back hahaha.. I could have caught a bus if I had any money, but it's all good.

Least I'm using something I learned how to do in the Army.. Walking..

But anyway, Good luck man that sounds great..

Have you seen Inception? I liked that movie a lot.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Off to a new adventure!

BTW, I have some GREAT recipes.. even full meals in one skillet type of recipes... with ingredients for those on a budget if you want them. Belive me, youll save money that way and its much more healthy than tv dinners ( though I have a real taste for the cheese enchIlada type TV dinners with the spanish rice, myself! Shhhhh... lol! )

Im sure I and others can pitch in with links to great documentaries and neat things that are free online to do in recreation if you want it.

I always love to hear someone moving forward! Much luck!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

The Avengers......It's a must see man. Congrads on getting out of the group home, that must have been awful.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well that explains a great deal about your ridiculous thread history...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

So you have free time? and your on a budget. Do yourself a favor and take time to learn how to cook. It will save you money, and it will give you a skill set, and you will be a lot healthier.

With the money you would spend on eating out assuming you are not only eating off the dollar menu you can buy quality healthy ingredients that taste better. now im not saying never eat out, eating out is cool and everyone has that place they go to and get the same thing every time because its that good. but i would try and do that once twice a week.

like i said before you will save money and be healthier. my roommate has lived a diet like you describing and as he is getting older he is starting to have stomach problems, i have noticed myself that when i eat out more or eat frozen foods my stomach starts to handle it poorly, not like it used to. So do yourself a favor, now, while you can please.

and an added bonus of learning how to cook, is it gives you a way to impress a girl. everybody loves food right?

if you decided to follow my advice i suggest buying and bada$$ spice rack and find a fresh local meat market and go at it. I would suggest finding a local fruit and vegi place. fresh foods are best for you.

I have shown you the path, but it is your choice were to walk. Good luck.
edit on 31-1-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by WarJohn

and an added bonus of learning how to cook, is it gives you a way to impress a girl. everybody loves food right?

if you decided to follow my advice i suggest buying and bada$$ spice rack and find a fresh local meat market and go at it. I would suggest finding a local fruit and vegi place. fresh foods are best for you.

I have shown you the path, but it is your choice on were to walk. Good luck.

This guy's all about the ladies man, a regular ladies man.. A man's man...

Id follow his advice. It's very sound, and what's bad about saving money and making your girl lasagna, and a nice garden salad? Answer = Nothing. My baby girl loves it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
oh yeah a nice set of knifes(keep the edge sharp!!!) and a small set of quality pots and pans. Having the right tools makes cooking easier and more enjoyable.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

And nope, I'm not mentally ill, I was just dianosed mentally ill.

I don't get it. You were diagnosed as mentally ill, but you're not mentally ill? And you're able to collect?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Me too. I couldn't tell if the OP was serious or not....

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
A dianoses is an opinion, not a fact. Remember that. And professional opinions are only based on what you tell them. Therefore it was all about what I told the physician a long time ago that got me the dianoses.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
And I'm in the apt. Got a free hotspot, too, I see. Wont even have to get internet now. But I will have to use up my 1 month left on my mobile hotspot since it is free as apart of what was purchased.

Nice apt. Lots of stores around.

My room mate seems cool so far.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

So how is this going to affect you and Babylon going to paradise in some sort of "rapture" and have weird sex -- as you have talked about in numerous threads?

Will your roommate next-door be included?
edit on 2/1/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The government tried to ambush me. I almost wasnt allowed to get an apt at this place because of something come up on the background check. But the boss to this place had a boss over her and she overrided whatever it was. They still wouldn't tell me what was in my past on record.

And we came all the way out here from where I was. Would have been a damn shame to have to make a U-turn to on back to the group home.

Maybe Babylon helped.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
My room mate said he is going to be moving out in april. He going to be switching from semi-independent living to independent living. I think then I may get comcast cable t.v. and get a t.v from my parents at then. Or, since I got a high speed free hotspot, just down load new seasons of shows I'll be watching for from itunes. hmm.

I already missed this recent season of Justified.

By the way, since I really like the apt so far and the location, I'll stick with semi-independent. This means my rent will never go over $390 in my life.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

And nope, I'm not mentally ill, I was just dianosed mentally ill. With SSI benefits I dont have to work anymore.

Says the guy who thinks he and Babylon are brother / sister, and man / wife, and god / goddess about to have weird sex in paradise because numerology and Tupac tell him so.

new topics

top topics

join