It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta police respond to school shooting report

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
hi all just saw this breaking

I hope its not another mass shooting..

bigstory.ap.org...

Atlanta police are responding to a report of a shooting at a school but had no other immediate details.

Police spokesman Carlos Campos told The Associated Press on Thursday afternoon that he was headed to Price Middle School just south of downtown but would not say why

edit on 31-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

www.11alive.com...

According to the Atlanta Fire Department, there was a 14-year-old shot in the head. Grady Memorial Hospital says they have received one under-aged gunshot victim.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

School officials say two people were wounded in the shooting. One of the victims was a 14-year-old, MyFoxAtlanta.com reports.

Police say they have two people in custody in connection with the shooting, according to MyFoxAtlanta.com.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Says a student and a teacher: link
edit on 31-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It's being reported that two people were shot, one a 14 year old boy.

Details still coming out, so this might change as they learn more.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'll bet Obama and Feinstein are jumping for joy over this news.

Disgusting how they use dead and wounded children to stand on when trying to force their policies upon us.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

There's a gun-grabber in my office right now who lit up at the news and actually seemed disappointed when I said there were just two injuries and the suspect was in custody.

Like I took all the air out of his balloon.

ETA: Teacher not shot, just injured in some way: link

Looks like some isolated petty beef between some idiot kids. Teens in Atlanta.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
1 14 year old boy shot in head

teacher was injured but not shot

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here we Go......so sad...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

A gun grabber in your office? That sounds frightening. Where do you work?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

You could almost feel the tone shift on Twitter.

Everything was UP UP UP with "school shooting" and "NOT AGAIN!" then it all fell flat and the Tweets are now just "14 year old injured."

It's an interesting thing to watch. The momentum of hype.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel

A gun grabber in your office? That sounds frightening. Where do you work?

I work in local government. There are more of them around here lurking. I just know it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I dont know if any of you followed up at the shooting at Lone Star but as it turned out on the local news here in Houston, both kids were black and one of them was already released, so I guess it wasn't a big deal because they were both black kids.

Dont know how accurate that is but there was just a short piece about it on the news the other day.

Unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I'll bet Obama and Feinstein are jumping for joy over this news.

Disgusting how they use dead and wounded children to stand on when trying to force their policies upon us.

What are you talking about? Should these incidents not be reported because it may offend the gun crowd?

link   

Originally posted by txinfidel

I dont know if any of you followed up at the shooting at Lone Star but as it turned out on the local news here in Houston, both kids were black and one of them was already released, so I guess it wasn't a big deal because they were both black kids.

It never is. Society at large just expects black kids to behave this way. It's only shocking and worthy of congressional hearings and wide-sweeping changes to the Bill of Rights when some white kid upsets suburbia.

Black kids can kill each other all day in the urban areas with hardly a blip on the screen.

Even the nations first black president didnt seem to care until some white kids got hurt.

Even now none of the proposed measures would put a dent in the urban violence epidemic. They'd just keep white folks in the suburbs from owning what they want.

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Everything was UP UP UP with "school shooting" and "NOT AGAIN!" then it all fell flat and the Tweets are now just "14 year old injured."

Really???

It is still all over every media outlet that I see. And Twitter is just now about the details.

It doesn't matter how many were shot or killed, it is still a prime example of why we need gun control.

link   

I think both victims are alive, even despite one being shot in the head, but that could change of course.

I know exactly what you mean, it's crazy that people that are against guns actually jump at this kind of news. Us that support gun rights aren't feigning sadness because we aren't psychopaths, we know it stands to hurt something we care about, but we wouldn't want them to happen even if it had no effect. Theses people after guns are looking for more, it's weird.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Really???

It is still all over every media outlet that I see. And Twitter is just now about the details.

It doesn't matter how many were shot or killed, it is still a prime example of why we need gun control.

Actually, what is "needed" is idiot control, and conclusion-jumping control, and murderous action control, and, etc...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Who wants to bet.........

1. Another gun free zone in an area where its harder then hell to get a concealed carry, or impossible....

2. Guns were acquired illegally or stolen from someone(yes i know thats criminal too).......

Challenge issued:

What part of stricter gun controls (especially "assault weapons" ban ) would have prevented the criminal who did this from committing the crime that was most likely done with a sidearm...........Ready go....
edit on 31-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

There's a gun-grabber in my office right now who lit up at the news

Ugh.
I know the type though and I've seen the very same reaction from others... don't even know what to say other than ugh.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What is wrong with you people???
When it is NOT a big deal when someone is shot, killed or not...

You are lost in madness. I feel sick. I quit ats here and now.

You are all sick.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

If it's an Atlanta or 5 points school I am going to say isolated incident. Some thug shooting someone else for whatever reason. It's just big in the news because it happened in a school. Before Newton it might not have been news because Atlanta is ROUGH.

If it's not then ignore my ignorance on the situation. I can't read about it right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join