Defense Cuts + Joints Chiefs Warnings + new al Qaeda threats = You be the judge

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Looking at the chain of recent events has me worried just a little and I'm sure you're not alone.. Knowing that we all spend time on ATS it's obvious that we believe in conspiracies (to a certain degree) or are just disinfo agents on here

But to the topic at hand, I read a story in the Huff Post (I know, not the greatest source to get your news) and it dived into defense cuts with Joint Chiefs warning that we will soon have a "hollow" military... I really struggle with the top military minds calling our military "hollow" just because of budget cut. Ultimately, they would still have a budget more than both Russia and China combined, but some how they're "hollow"???? Does this make sense to anyone?

From the story

WASHINGTON — The military's top leaders are warning Congress that automatic spending cuts looming in March would force the Pentagon to slash operating budgets, weakening the armed forces and possibly forcing furloughs of 800,000 civilian employees.

The Joint Chiefs say in a letter to Congress that the cuts would create a "hollow force" and would require aircraft to be grounded and warships to return to port.

Troops on the front lines would continue to receive the support they need, despite a cut to the Pentagon's overall budget of more than 7 percent, the chiefs said. But those cuts feel more like 20 percent because they're crammed into the second half of the budget year and funding for uniformed personnel and combat operations is exempt.

"Should this looming readiness crisis be left unaddressed, we will have to ground aircraft, return ships to port, and stop driving combat vehicles in training," said the Jan. 14 letter from Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey and his colleagues. "We are also now planning for the potential to furlough nearly 800,000 defense civilians who are essential to critical functions like maintenance, intelligence, logistics, contracting, and health care."

The looming cuts are the price to pay for the failure of a 2011 budget "supercommittee" to agree to deficit cuts to replace the automatic reductions.

The predictable deadlock – and looming cuts of $85 billion this budget year alone – has the potential to slam the economy, produce sweeping furloughs and layoffs at federal agencies and threaten hundreds of thousands of private sector jobs.

Source

So We're hearing from the top military minds that we will have a 'hollow' force if this happens. Now the thing that worries me is now that we're reading reports about a possible 'shocking' attack by al Qaeda on the US. Now I don't know about you, but something doesn't smells right and I sense some sort of false flag in our near future. I could be making something up out of nothing or I could be spot on, but who knows. Does this recent chain of events have anyone else worried?

And to add to this just a little more, with all 2nd amendment talks about possible martial law, I wouldn't be surprised if some bigger agenda was to be pushed through soon enough.

Hopefully, I am WAY wrong. Hopefully, the defense dept. will find a way to make things work on their already huge budget. I pray that I'm wrong with my false flag talks, but going off the US's track record, it's hard to say what they will do moving forward. I think what will be most telling is when contractors start losing those juicy military contracts. We all know about the secret handshakes that are going on and that most of DC has some sort of ties to these companies. So when the contracts stop, thats when I'm guessing al CIAda will show up again...
edit on 31-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)
edit on 31-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
this may come as a shock, but the US has enemies and they try to hurt us

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
this may come as a shock, but the US has enemies and they try to hurt us

Of course they have enemies, who doesn't today? But why must they demand a budget that's more than the next 23 countries combined? There's being prepared and there's over spending...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So these blood-thirsty warmongers are bitching about a possible 7% budget cut? Aw that's tragic. That means that they'll only be able to deal 93% as much destruction worldwide to non-whites as normal. God forbid they curtail the plague-like spread of mechanized death wrapped in the stars n stripes lol. I'm sure a false flag is in the works as part of their tantrum.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
well, i got up today at about six thirty, watched news and played on the internet a bit, and not much going on except for the Iran and Syria saying they will retaliate and the shooting in Dallas, went to work at eleven thirty, came home on break at one thirty, Now we have a school shooting in Atlanta, I just read a report on RT(supposed to be semi reliable, i think?) about how North Korea has declared Martial Law and been told by their leader to "prepare for war".

Things have certainly elevated a bit on all fronts since yesterday at this time, and i'm not gonna lie, i'm gettin a little anxious over it.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If you are planning on taking over the world then yes we probably do have a hollow military but if you are planning on using it to defend the country from an invasion then our military is more than big enough.
My advice the the joint chiefs would be, to scale back on your ambitions of world conquest and use the military for it`s intended purpose of defending the homeland. i think they would then find that the military is plenty big enough.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Bush used 8 years of this nonsensical threat language to drive HIS agenda and now Obama has spent just over 4 years using it to drive HIS fear based agenda. I'm sick of seeing the Government peddle fear. Anyone else??

To the extent there is a threat, DHS was been formed and funded like nothing else in the history of the world for state security organizations looking both inward and outward. If we get attacked again I want Janet Napolitano's butt in a prison cell where she can sit until she dies of old age.

If ALL that ABSURD overkill and over reach she has been granted is not enough then NOTHING ever will be. Someone needs to tell this children they get no more toys and while we're at it, we're demanding they give up a good % of what they HAVE been trusted with.

it's been like watching a small child handed a loaded gun. Everyone knows it will end badly.....no one knows quite when or exactly where the kid will shoot first.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Basically they are saying the cuts will come out of soldiers pockets and manpower because they definitely aren't cutting those fat contracts loose. Consider that one contract would equal like ten thousand soldiers pay.. etc.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jhn7537

Basically they are saying the cuts will come out of soldiers pockets and manpower because they definitely aren't cutting those fat contracts loose. Consider that one contract would equal like ten thousand soldiers pay.. etc.

Yep... Ya know the contractors and their DC buddies have to look out for one another... They love printing money on our dime.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

The Joint Chiefs say in a letter to Congress that the cuts would require aircraft to be grounded and warships to return to port.

it's time for them to break out their SPACE FLEET!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
don't you guys know all these wars are fake?

new topics
top topics

join