It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at Price Middle School - Atlanta

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
www.myfoxatlanta.com...

ATLANTA -

Atlanta Public School officials confirmed to FOX 5 that there has been a shooting at Price Middle School in southeast Atlanta.

School officials say two people were shot.

The Atlanta Police Department says they have two suspects in custody.

edit on 1/31/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Another day, another shooting.

It seems the injured are going to likely be alright, thankfully.

This is way past surreal. What in the world is going on?

The local channels have helicopter, wall to wall coverage right now. Does that just inspire the next shooter?

Would putting restrictions on the news coverage of shootings help to stop it? Does the attention help or hurt?

edit on 1/31/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Here we go again. I believe someone on ats predicted another shooting for today. Coming pretty "fast & furious" now. The tension is beginning to ramp up. Two victims isn't all that compelling though to be truthful. Wonder if it will turn out to be ordinary garden variety gang violence again.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Sad news, but thanks for sharing. I'll keep checking the thread for updates.

That's an interesting question. Does media coverage of crimes subconsciously tug at the attention seekers?

I suppose it would depend on the crime. I could see high speed pursuit coverage affecting someone determined to run from the law. I don't think media coverage of rapists encourages other rapists. Shooters? Dunno. Kind of a grey area.

UPDATE:

School officials say two people were shot, and one of the victims is a 14-year-old.

edit on 31-1-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

UPDATE 2:

Atlanta police say two people were shot, but no other details on the victims were immediately given.

Looks like they're backtracking on releasing information about victims for now.

UPDATE 3:

Atlanta fire and police officials said that a 14-year-old was shot in the head and taken to Grady Memorial Hospital.

So there was a 14 yr old victim. Suspect is in custody, no information on the suspect at this time.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Isn't this akin to a shooting in south central L.A., or chicago??
I see no real news here, just more hood violence.

Move out of the hood!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Ah, about twelve miles north of me. Welcome to my world.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Move out of the hood!

The crime scene is a middle school. Please stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Move out of the hood!

The crime scene is a middle school. Please stay on topic.

Do you suggest that middle schoolers cannot be gangstaers?
I think my response was well wiithin topic.
You must know that gangs recruit at a young age, if not you do now.
It is my guess this was done to prove something to others in the gang community.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's a bit chaotic now because the school is on lock down but it's also close to pick up time so there are parents converging on the scene and then seeing police and helicopters and then panicking...who wouldn't?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Despite the article, local news says one student shot (delivered to Grady Trauma Hospital), one teacher injured (but not shot) and one suspect in custody.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here we go again... It's a real disgrace that since Newton happened, this has been happening like every other week now... makes me sick!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

The news is that people were shot at a middle school. You said "I don't see any news here, just more hood violence". Show me how you jumped to that conclusion based on the facts presented.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Come right out and say it. Don't play naive with me. Hood? Thug? You don't know any facts about the neighborhood this school is in nor the identities of anyone involved. You know exactly why your original comment was both ignorant and off-topic. If you really wanna go down this road, keep it out of this thread please.
edit on Thu Jan 31 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
After seeing this reported on the news, it sounds to me like a shooting involving gangs and/or some personal beefs with the teens involved. Not a mass shooting thankfully.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Move out of the hood!
Man, that's cold. Some people can't just up and move out of ''the hood'', and everyone who lives there aren't criminals, not even most. Are they not AMERICANS too? And for Pete's sake, this happened at a middle school. These are just kids, AMERICAN kids at that.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Move out of the hood!
Man, that's cold. Some people can't just up and move out of ''the hood'', and everyone who lives there aren't criminals, not even most. Are they not AMERICANS too? And for Pete's sake, this happened at a middle school. These are just kids, AMERICAN kids at that.

I don't see it as cold, I see it as accurate, according to reports, it seems I was spot on here.
I kept my kids in a good neighborhood and good schools because I worked hard to do it.
You just need to put your kids needs above your wants.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Move out of the hood!

I don't see it as cold, I see it as accurate, according to reports, it seems I was spot on here.
I kept my kids in a good neighborhood and good schools because I worked hard to do it.
You just need to put your kids needs above your wants.
Me and my daughter are fine, but everyone isn't as fortunate as we are. I get your point though. They're all animals and should be treated as such. Sarcasm ended.
edit on 31-1-2013 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

A suspect has been taken into custody, Campos said. That suspect has tentatively been identified as a student, according to police.

Not confirmed yet...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join