It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO A GO GO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the best place for this.

Short yet very well made educational and informative video on GMO crops. Created by a guy called
'Kirk Rutter' and thought was excellent.

Covers all the main issues with GMO such as health issues, testing and how they are basically taking over world farming for profit. Don't like the idea of how this is going to affect our health, but the magnitude this may have on our ecosystems and wildlife over the coming years.

It is one hell of a Pandora's box these muppets are playing with.

edit on 31-1-2013 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2013 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with scientifically improving our food.

Unless the people crying about GMO eat nothing but homegrown fruit/veggies and fresh-killed meat, I can't listen to a word they say. I bet they ingest as much artificial coloring and flavoring as anyone else.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Unless the people crying about GMO eat nothing but homegrown fruit/veggies and fresh-killed meat, I can't listen to a word they say. I bet they ingest as much artificial coloring and flavoring as anyone else.

That's the ticket...Close ones eyes and it all goes away!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

Thanks for sharing the Vid! Its pretty disturbing how they are taking over our food globally. One small piece to a very large puzzle!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

That's the ticket...Close ones eyes and it all goes away!

That's not what I'm saying. There are very real monetary ramifications to farmers involved in the GMO battle, but healthwise? All lies from the anti-GMO crowd.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Do you have proof to back up that it is all lies?

Thanks for the video OP, Going to share that with some friends.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I guess I'm one of those people. I grow a lot of stuff in my backyard with no pesticides. I use heritage seeds. I make my own compost. I get eggs from a lady who just bought a bunch to keep her cricket and grasshopper population down. Now she has too many eggs, so I get them from her. The honey I buy is locally produced and raw and unfiltered. The milk I drink (goat and cow) is produced locally on farms that do not use pesticides and they don't feed grain, they just graze. It is raw an unpasturized. The beef I get is also locally produced and is only grassfed. I don't drink cokes, Crystal Light or any of that "Vitamin Water" stuff. I don't eat stuff out of boxes. I don't eat corn or grains.

Basically, I don't eat crap. (But my patients do). I just eat Real Food because I see how the garbage food makes for a high patient census. And job security for me.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

but healthwise? All lies from the anti-GMO crowd.

what sources do you get this from, there are several that just base it on assumptions and inaquarate information
for example a study that showed rats getting tumors after eating gmo for two years was called false by some because they said that because gmos have been out for over 10 years and no helath problems have emerged for people. but that would only be true if rats aged at the same rate as humans 2 years to them is most of their lives as oppsed to humans which is very little of our lives

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My son just cooked homemade french fries for everyone. And the smell was noxious. Beautiful fries, but this heavy bug spray scent. No one else noticed, but it permeated the air, its in the oil now, (never mind the oil is probably gmo too). We had the basements treated with spider spray often as kids, our bedrooms were down there for a few years and literally, is making me nauseaus.

Unbelievably crimnal to put agent orange pesticides in my food DNA, to put frog dna in my tomatoes. They used to be top 10 for immune system, not any more.

I keep heaving, my body is definitely rejecting their crapola.

Guess we'll have to stop eating, because not allowed the karma of defending myself against those who have destroyed our good food.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

That statement just made my day.
Science makes everything better, I mean taking 1 pill to counteract another pill you take to lower the effects of that pill that you take because of the side effect of the other pill because you ate the scientifically improved food sounds good to me.
Monsanto are altruistic after all

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
On one hand the emerald sea slug is the only creature known to naturally genetically engineer it's self. On the other hand Tomato's containing fish DNA to be better frozen can trigger an allergic reaction in someone allergic to that fish. On yet another hand the way viruses work people are constantly being genetically engineered; it's called catching the common cold. Get it; three hands because of genetic engineering

edit on 23-2-2013 by DiogenestheWanker because: (no reason given)

top topics

join